As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

3DS StreetPass Galore

DarkPGRDarkPGR Registered User new member
edited May 2011 in PAX Archive
So now that the 3DS is out and most everyone who wants one has one, I'm really expecting PAX Prime to be THE place for lots StreetPass interaction.

Am I alone in this or can I hope to have hundreds of new Miis around after each day?

PS: Complete PAX n00b BTW.

DarkPGR on

• Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is true. I just went to SakuraCon and got 70 tags over two days.

The main issue with this is that every time you get 10, you must go in-game and redeem them before you can get any more...

Heleor on
  • Options
    SpongeSponge Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just take your 3DS out every time you get into a new line to redeem. You would probably be taking it out anyways depending on the booth.

Sponge on
  • Options
    rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Didn't know about the 10 people limit.. Was at Video Games Live 2 weeks ago @ Vancouver and had 10 only because I checked after I left the event.

So thanks for that tip, will be checking it consistently when I'm @ PAX or any other big social event.

rkenshin on
  • Options
    SolcadeSolcade Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Actually, there's no limit on how many StreetPass Miis you can get without "checking in" to Mii Plaza. The Miis will still show up in your system.

There is a limit, however, to how many Miis you can utilize in "Find Mii" at one time.

For example: You walk around for a while, and then open your 3DS and go into Mii Plaza. You see that you've found a few new Miis, and they are introducing themselves to your character. By the time they're all done, you've found 18 new Miis! Now, you want to go adventure with them, so you choose "Find Mii". Only 10 of those new Miis show up to do battle. You will never get to use the other 8.

Another thing to watch out for, is once you "acknowledge" the new Miis in Mii Plaza, you must adventure with them immediately or you will not be able to use them at all.

Example: You walk around for a while, open your 3DS to Mii Plaza, and see that you've found 5 new Miis. You decide to play Pokemon for a while. You exit Mii Plaza, play Pokemon, then maybe shut the system off for a while or put it in sleep mode. Later, you realize you didn't adventure in "Find Mii" with those new Miis, so you go to do so, however when you load "Find Mii", there are no new Miis available for adventuring.

I'm not sure why Nintendo did this... It's kind of a bummer. I guess they just wanted to drag the Find Mii adventure out for a while...

Solcade on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, it's a little bit of a hassle, but I'll be doing it all weekend long for PAX.

We had similar issues at the Vancouver StreetPass meetup (shameless plug: every last friday of the month at Metrotown!), where "too many" people came by and so we'd have to stop playing whatever to check our Mii Plaza every so often, swap puzzle pieces, do find mii, lather, rinse, repeat.

How much of my PAX will be spent Finding Mii (or whatever Nintendo has planned for the next firmware updates)??

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    silverback1138silverback1138 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I got over 40 hits at Sakuracon. Considering the platform is still new, I was surprised and one of the guys at work even got more. I can only imagine how insane PAX streetpass tagging will be.

silverback1138 on
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Time to solve, ALL THE PUZZLES!

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I got over 40 hits at Sakuracon. Considering the platform is still new, I was surprised and one of the guys at work even got more. I can only imagine how insane PAX streetpass tagging will be.

70 here, and only because I didn't spend a lot of time checking them - sometime they came in faster than I could redeem them.

Some people got a few hundred...

Heleor on
  • Options
    PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    just got a DS and I am happy with it. haven't been able to try the streetpass but can't wait to get lots of miis from PAX

PinkRanger on
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    As a reference, at PAX East's Q&A 2, I got 190 Pokemon surveys at once. This means 190 people all with pokemon b/w turned on, during a one hour panel.

Also, it takes about 150 low level mii characters to beat Find Mii. Which you need to do twice to collect all the hats.

Also also, I met over 100 street passes at the small (5,000~ attendance) convention I was just at. 0 Hits for Dinosaurs 3D :?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    I've only gotten 2 hits so far in the wild so I'm looking forward to racking up at PAX.

cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    There's an unofficial 3DS StreetPass meet up at 1:00 on Saturday if anyone's interested in attending.
    https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188552847874139