As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallout] Radioactive Drama Island, With our new contestant, Psychotic Super Mutants!

1565758596062»

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    Wow, trying to get the 50 star caps needed to finish The legend of the star is time consuming. I'm at 35, and I'm really running out of places to search for them.

Drink all the sunset sarsparilla you can get your hands on.
    Yeah. I've gone through my entire supply already. It's basically come down to me going to random places in the middle of nowhere, and hoping they have sassparilla caps there.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, trying to get the 50 star caps needed to finish The legend of the star is time consuming. I'm at 35, and I'm really running out of places to search for them.

Drink all the sunset sarsparilla you can get your hands on.
    Yeah. I've gone through my entire supply already. It's basically come down to me going to random places in the middle of nowhere, and hoping they have sassparilla caps there.

Yeah, have fun with that. I broke my strict "no walk-through" rule for that achievement....hell.

never-ending-reign on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I picked up Fallout 3 for the PS3 the other day. It's the original version, but it was super cheap.

I'm at level 12 now, but I am fully evil even though I pick the "good" option in pretty much every quest. The problem is I am a kleptomaniac and will steal from everyone. And I guess when I got to Tenpenny Tower I
    sorta murdered all of the residents in cold blood before I let the feral ghouls in

but other than that, I'm practically a saint.

My favorite thing is to run right up to an enemy, fire up VATS, and target his head with the combat shotgun. One or two shotting Super Mutants and watching their heads explode never, ever gets old.

Anyway, I hear a lot about how the PS3 version is super buggy, but other than one instance of a far away low res ground texture not changing to a close high-res texture I haven't had any issues yet. Should I be expecting any?

SmokeStacks on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did Obsidian remove the good karma you got for killing Fiends, Powder Gangers etc. ? I just tried and none of them gives good karma anymore.

My guy is a goody two shoes, who steals everything of value though, but with no good karma from enemies, he is now an "Architect of Doom" o_O

Sirialis on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This makes me happy.

SaturnWorld
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16066
    16066-1-1303851763.jpg
    Name: SaturnWorld FO3
    ( http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16066 )
    Version: 1.0
    Date: 04-26-2011
    Category: Models & Textures
    Requirements: Fallout 3
    Author: Humannature66
    ============================================

Description
    ===========
    This mod turns the normal moon into a huge Gas-Planet like Saturn;
    also a slightly oversized earth-like moon, on a closer orbit, will be added;
    both planets use a proper resolution;

a note for the lore-fans:
    myself, i imagine the Fallout-world as some kinda parallel-universe, and that gives almost every
    possibility for this mod ;)

so, if u cannot live with that, don't use this mod;
    i will take every discussion about lore or not lore in this mod's comment-section as trolling, so please
    don't do it;

RoyceSraphim on
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    C2B on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Where?

Dragkonias on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can you post a quote for work people who have pesky web-site blocks?

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Jason00Jason00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can you post a quote for work people who have pesky web-site blocks?

Here you go:
    Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

Jason00 on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For those at work:
    BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™

Three Additional Add-on Packs Releasing in Coming Months
    for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PCs

May 3, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced three downloadable content packs will be released in the coming months for Fallout®: New Vegas™. The three packs will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows-based PCs.

Honest Hearts™, Old World Blues™ and Lonesome Road™ will further expand upon Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas takes all the action, humor and post-apocalyptic grime and grit of this legendary series, and raises the stakes.

Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

Reviews of Fallout: New Vegas have called the game as “an utterly essential purchase” (MSN UK) and as “addictively, rambunctiously fun” (Entertainment Weekly). The Associated Press awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars and said “Bottom Line: It’s a Blast”, while GameSpy gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and called Fallout: New Vegas “one of the best games of the year.”

All downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas will be available for download on Xbox LIVE® for 800 Microsoft Points, the PlayStation®Network for $9.99, and both Steam and Direct2Drive for $9.99.

Published by Bethesda Softworks and developed at Obsidian Entertainment, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, and Fallout: New Vegas have been rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, including the game’s downloadable content, please visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com.

EDIT: Beat'd but I did include everything. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anyway, I hear a lot about how the PS3 version is super buggy, but other than one instance of a far away low res ground texture not changing to a close high-res texture I haven't had any issues yet. Should I be expecting any?
    They may have patched it (doubtful) but if I remember correctly the longer I played the glitchier it got. Again spotty memory but I think the game had some serious flaws with how they installed data as you uncovered areas and then reading it again when returning (think disk fragmentation). The DLC's seemed to increase the number of hardlocks I experienced and I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone.

A few hours into New Vegas and so far only one hardlock. I think I caused it by discovering Primm from a ledge where the NPC with the scripted event couldn't find me.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band.
    Let me guess... they steal all your equipment?

DanHibiki on
    edited May 2011
    Now I'm just wondering which DLC will officially patch in being able to continue playing after you finish the story.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Now I'm just wondering which DLC will officially patch in being able to continue playing after you finish the story.

According to interviews, none will.

Any news on if these new DLCs will raise the level cap and/or add new perks?

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They've stated in the past that they have no intention of doing a broken steel type dlc that lets you continue the game afterward; the DLC's are supposed to take place before the end.

Though, that Lonesome Road one sure sounds like they changed their mind...

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wonder if they would be wary of raising the cap.

I mean...I'm already unstoppable as is.

Dragkonias on
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Even with the cap being 5 higher and min/maxing, my NV character is nowhere near the level of power as my minmaxed F3 character after Broken Steel. For one thing, unless you spend hours using the double the perks glitch in the first area in NV, the F3 character will have nearly twice as many perks as you. Then you factor in the F3 "Almost Perfect" perk, the better F3 Grim Reaper's Sprint, Cyborg, etc...

Besides, waiting for the level cap to be raised is the only reason I stopped playing NV after Dead Money and the main plot. I didn't want to waste all that experience in scrounging every corner until I had more levels to spare. Having new game content would be cool for me, but a good 40% of the reason I'm game for the DLCs is for the new level caps and perks.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band.

I doubt it. They aren't going for a survival horror in that one, I think. Though no doubt they'll put some sort of locker area for you to store shit prior to the start of the DLC.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, but doesn't new vegas have much less in the way of bullet sponges? You might not be as powerful as in fallout 3, but neither are the enemies. It balances out so you don't really NEED that many more levels. In my current playthrough, I'm already overkill at level 30. Pretty much the only thing that can kill me are deathclaws.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can someone tell me; did they fix the 360 update that was borked last week-ish? I don't see an update on their blog and I didn't see an updated story on any gaming sites.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DanHibiki wrote: »

I doubt it. They aren't going for a survival horror in that one, I think. Though no doubt they'll put some sort of locker area for you to store shit prior to the start of the DLC.

It'll probably be more like The Pitt instead. You still lose all your shit so you're forced to use the unique loot found in the DLC itself.

If not, then it'll be like Point Lookout with ridiculously strong enemies with inflated HP levels.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can someone tell me; did they fix the 360 update that was borked last week-ish? I don't see an update on their blog and I didn't see an updated story on any gaming sites.

The patch that fixes the patch is live, in short - Yes.

Sirialis on
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Even with the cap being 5 higher and min/maxing, my NV character is nowhere near the level of power as my minmaxed F3 character after Broken Steel. For one thing, unless you spend hours using the double the perks glitch in the first area in NV, the F3 character will have nearly twice as many perks as you. Then you factor in the F3 "Almost Perfect" perk, the better F3 Grim Reaper's Sprint, Cyborg, etc...

Besides, waiting for the level cap to be raised is the only reason I stopped playing NV after Dead Money and the main plot. I didn't want to waste all that experience in scrounging every corner until I had more levels to spare. Having new game content would be cool for me, but a good 40% of the reason I'm game for the DLCs is for the new level caps and perks.
    I'm sitting on a double perk character save file that I created in case they eventually patch the exploit and I get the urge to play god. It probably took me around 20 minutes from character creation to level 30 (not including the hour or so of agonizing over skill/perk decisions)
    1. Start new game (very easy)
    2. Speed through the character creation. Set your Int to 10 to make it easier to reach the skill requirements.
    3. Start the tutorial and get the varmit rifle.
    4. Go to the schoolhouse. Kill a mantis and take its leg.
    5. Go to the cemetary and scan the hillside looking for a rad scorpion
    6. Start firing at it but make sure not to kill it until it reaches the cemetary (even at very easy they take a lot of bullets)
    7. Pick the corpse clean
    8. Drop all misc (aid?) items in a container except the mantis leg.
    9. Drop the mantis leg next to the rad scorpion corpse and pick it up again.
    10. Repeatedly move/take the leg from the rad scorpion corpse -> 100xp per trade

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This new DLC sounds cool, it hits all of the stuff I wanted to know more about: the burned man, the mormons, the other courier....

Yougottawanna on
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This new DLC sounds cool, it hits all of the stuff I wanted to know more about: the burned man, the mormons, the other courier....

I'm actually quite eager to see The Big Empty. Elijah made it sound like it's packed with Super Awesome.

Dracomicron on
  • JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If they don't take all my equipment I'll voluntarily go in with nothing. More fun to try out the new stuff than just murder everything with the anti-material.

Jakorian on
This discussion has been closed.