As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Download only?

SamuraiOfPieSamuraiOfPie Registered User new member
edited October 2007 in Penny Arcade Games
Is this game going to be downloadable only? Iv'e heard rumors of a PS3 and 360 game, but from most sites, they tell me that this game will be a downloadable episodic saga.

SamuraiOfPie on

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    right now, the official word is that the initial release will be on PC via download. the game is set for a scheduled episodic release, but I'd imagine that there would be the option of buying the the full game/series all in one as has been done with the current Sam & Max game(s).

the release is still some way off so nothing 100% official has been given, but there does seem to be some hope for 360/PS3/Wii d/l-able releases, and even a possible retail PC release.

what ever the case, right here is the best place to keep track of for any official info. while other sites may mean well, and will even try to get the most up to date information up as its made available, you'll find that the posters here will make sure that everything posted is as accurate as possible. then of course there are the special occasions when Gabe/Tyco/the developers post to give us an extra bit of insight into the process.

Wraith260 on
  • BrockenBrocken Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This presents a problem for me, because I don't own a credit card and would punch a public official in the eye to play it. Oh woe is me! Woe, woe, I say!

Brocken on
    Under winter skies
    We stand glorious
    And with Oden on our side
    We are victorious
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Brocken wrote: »
    This presents a problem for me, because I don't own a credit card and would punch a public official in the eye to play it. Oh woe is me! Woe, woe, I say!

Most ATM cards nowadays double as a credit card.

DarkPrimus on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    also, you could just get someone to buy it and pay them back cash or something

Xaquin on
  • graphicsgodgraphicsgod Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Or they can offer a paypal system, and then you wouldn't need a CC. Just a checking account.

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • VixoVixo Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    Brocken wrote: »
    You could always get one of those pre-paid credit cards--or a Visa gift card--and use that.

Vixo on
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    And this is probably blatantly obvious somewhere, as with the comic being available to read on Steam, I'm gathering that we can purchase the game through there too?

Ambassador on
  • LiveWireLiveWire Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ambassador wrote: »
    And this is probably blatantly obvious somewhere, as with the comic being available to read on Steam, I'm gathering that we can purchase the game through there too?

I would assume thats between Hothead and Steam, not PA and Steam. Could be wrong.

LiveWire on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ambassador wrote: »

i think its been mention as a possibility(ie they are/will be discussing it with Valve), but so far nothings been confirmed.

i'd imagine that those kind of details will be revealed closer to release, along with pricing and such.

Wraith260 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    I don't think they've revealed official pricing, but I think they said they're aiming for something around $20 USD

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• strike_the_tripstrike_the_trip Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    After what they've been through with the site you don't think PA retained distribution rights for their own IP? I would imagine that they retained the rights and someone like Khoo would negotiate the royalty contracts with the distributors.

I mean, they're not getting a publisher, are they? I hope not...

strike_the_trip on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited October 2007
    Don't worry guys. We own the rights and we'll be self publishing/distributing with possible partners, such as Steam, down the road. More news coming soon!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't worry guys. We own the rights and we'll be self publishing/distributing with possible partners, such as Steam, down the road. More news coming soon!

awesome =)

Xaquin on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It would seem that Khoo is the man.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    Always has been.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Isn't it also planned for an XBLA release? You could buy points in a store with means other than a credit card and then redeem the points on your 360 to purchase the game.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB