As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mortal Kombat

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just bought this game

My PSN name is my .... oh wait PSN is a smoking crater. Nevermind.

Jasconius on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FUCK YOU SHAO KAHN.

I finally managed to cheese my way through, with lots of uppercuts and teleports.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    edited May 2011
    I'm not a fighting game expert. I'm not even advanced. But this feels like the best fighting game I have ever played. Thoroughly enjoying it so far in the first hour or two of story mode.

Jasconius on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wait, you're not even advanced? Then why would we care about anything you have to say

fuckin'

no-good

unadvanced

motherplayer

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Wimble I challenge you to Mortal Coooooombaaaaaaaaaattttt

Jasconius on
    edited May 2011
    well psn is down so I can talk real big right here

I'd mortal kombat you so hard the dark voice would ask me to finish your grand children!!

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Little do you know...
    I am the Dark Voice

Jasconius on
    edited May 2011
    man what do you have against your grandchildren

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited May 2011
    What's the point of Smoke's back, forward, square move? Is it a defensive move that the AI just never bites on?

My favorite character so far is Smoke. I like Kung Lao but I am only good with him when I am cheap about it.

Jasconius on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2011
    Shake is a projectile counter

Garlic Bread on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think smoke's smoke back/forth is a kind of dodge, you can go through characters and projectiles i think.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    back forward kick is a dodge, back forward punch is a reflect

thats good... the AI never was dumb enough to let it work.

Much how like in story mode, Ermac is basically immune to Sub Zero's clone move, that fucking bastard. I hate Ermac so much. Hardest fight thus far.

Jasconius on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »
    What's the point of Smoke's back, forward, square move? Is it a defensive move that the AI just never bites on?

My favorite character so far is Smoke. I like Kung Lao but I am only good with him when I am cheap about it.

it counters projectiles like other people mentioned but if you do the enhanced version it counters everything.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited May 2011
    What was that shit man, ermac x-ray into ground pound to ruin both your dudes shit anjin.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    Also several attempts at stage fatalities foiled, fucking shit its impossible to run those online god damn.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Playing this online reminds me of playing WCIII online.

In that the matchmaker finds big burly men to fuck me in the ass.

ieyeasu on
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Much how like in story mode, Ermac is basically immune to Sub Zero's clone move, that fucking bastard. I hate Ermac so much. Hardest fight thus far.

The AI won't fire projectiles when you're doing the move, so practise doing it after they've fired.

Wait... does this work on Shao Kahn's hammer throw? I'd imagine not, but that would be amazing.

zen- on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    ORAL WOMBAT!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2011
    this wasn't my doing!

Garlic Bread on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i hate meta so much

we played tag and he smashed me

i might have to break down and actually start practicing at this game

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited May 2011
    after watching gootecks and mike ross i realize they dont utilize fast tag or tag combos at all, which really sets them back

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    after watching gootecks and mike ross i realize they dont utilize fast tag or tag combos at all, which really sets them back

yeah, they said as much in their last kombat video. they need to practice kombos and enhanced tags/assists.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited May 2011
    not that they're doing all that bad, because i can't say their competitors have ever used fast tags or tag combos either

Calamity Jane on
    edited May 2011
    Anjin uses kombo tags or what the fuck ever and loses.

Meta raw tags the fuck in when he feels like it, winnar.

Gotta be able to punch before you can tag anjin, get them priorities.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zen- wrote: »

The AI won't fire projectiles when you're doing the move, so practise doing it after they've fired.

Wait... does this work on Shao Kahn's hammer throw? I'd imagine not, but that would be amazing.

It works against both the hammer throw and the spear throw. If you're far enough away from him it's pretty easy to pull off.

KalTorak on
    edited May 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    zen- wrote: »

It works against both the hammer throw and the spear throw. If you're far enough away from him it's pretty easy to pull off.

Really? Holy fuck. I just fought Shao Khan for the first time in Story Mode. I had to cheap him to death. Smoke would have made that fight pretty hilarious/sad.

Jasconius on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    HADOCON II stream starting MK9 right now

http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hadocon ugh

Zen Vulgarity on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    mk is over for now

Angry on
    edited May 2011
    Cyber Sub-Zero vs. Goro/Kintaro?

What the motherfuck.

I have no idea how to beat this. His ice ball is so hard to spam for TWO huge ass health bars. Much less twice in a row.

Sub Zero is my second least favorite character so far. The Cyber version not much better when it comes to dealing with something that can't be thrown and can smash right through your blocks.

Jasconius on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    add me if you know me

PSN: nekrokreuz

psn ahahahhaha ha haaaaa haaufurhghghhggh pllglpblb fffffffffffffff

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sub zero's dope

now baraka... he's cool and all, i mean i like him, but fuck me he's bad

and now i have to beat sheeva, goro and kintaro with him, in one life bar

fux

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited May 2011
    So, does it take everyone else two or three minutes for the automatcher to find someone, or does my connection somehow suck for xbox?

ieyeasu on
    edited May 2011
    it's the match finder

it's awful

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    it's the match finder

it's awful

Well thank god...sort of.

ieyeasu on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i haven't had the match finder take longer then thirty seconds

Clint Eastwood on
    edited May 2011

What the motherfuck.

I have no idea how to beat this. His ice ball is so hard to spam for TWO huge ass health bars. Much less twice in a row.

Sub Zero is my second least favorite character so far. The Cyber version not much better when it comes to dealing with something that can't be thrown and can smash right through your blocks.

yeah this is the part i am on in story mode and i am completely befuddled.

so anyway would somebody like to play some of this later

Clint Eastwood on
    edited May 2011
    I don't see how it can be done without extremely good timing of ice bolts from maximum range... but the PS3 controller is just not made for 2 minutes of that in a row.

The only other thing I can think of is very strategic use of teleport and uppercuts and timely blocking... but man. Man. I may have to reduce it to easy. It's not a fun fight and I don't want to spend an hour on it.

Jasconius on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    or just jump over them and uppercut.

Angry on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

What the motherfuck.

If I remember correctly I managed that fight with Down, Back, Y (The ice sword stab) and uppercutting a lot.

In retrospect fights like this actually taught you how to play cheap, in preparation for Shao Kahn.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.