As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wheel of [MiniPhalla]- Game Over, Seanchan/Village victory!

ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Critical Failures
oO4HS.jpg

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

250px-Aessedai-icon.svg.png

This is a Phalla based on the book series started by Robert Jordan and currently being completed by Brandon Sanderson. There will be minor spoilers in this Phalla, but nothing too major if you haven't read the series.

Players-
This is a 25-30 man mini, or maybe less than that if I can't drum up enough interest. It's flexible.

Voting-
Vote in !Red for someone to be killed each night. If there should be a tie in the vote, both players will die. The order of actions is as follows, Misc->Kills->Vote.
Vote will close everyday at Midnight EST. I'll try to be around for vote close, but as I am in UK, shit's difficult. Every player must vote at least once a day as well as an additional post. Inactivity warnings will be issued.

Clarifications-
Standards clarification forms apply, ask in orange. Be free with your question asking, you might be surprised with the answers you get.

Other Rules-
Standard rules apply, no talking to the dead unless told otherwise, no screenshots, and send me a link to any proboards. One last thing, this is a Thetheroo mini, which means some crazy shit almost always goes down. This is a standard Phalla, but I like spicing things up a little bit.

Villager PM
Dragonsworn.jpg

A Dragonsworn

Sworn to The Dragon Reborn, you fight for him in the Last Battle. You fight for the light against the Forsaken and the Dark One, and may the Light help you if you fail.

Powers- None

Win Condition- Destroy all threats to the Light and your victory at the Last Battle

1: Ringo
2: The_Reflection- Rand al'Thor
3: Kuhlmeye- Lanfear
4: Lonelyahava- Moirdin

5: Wildcat
6: Zandracon- Allana Mosvani
7: Romanqwerty- Perrin Goldeneyes
8: Sir Fabulous
9: El Skid
10: 38thDoe- Logain Ablar
11: Maxfrost- Tsutama Rath
12: mEEksa- Casuane Melaidhrin
13: Lucedes
14: Spoit- Gareth Bryne
15: Capfalcon- Eamon Valda
16: TheLawinator
17: Alegis- Moghedin
18: Snit- Egwene al'Vere
19: Zanmatto- Siuan Sanche
20: Extermatott- Min Farshaw
21: Phyphor- Lan Mandragoran
22: Oldmanken- Dragonsworn
23: Alt_Raven- Aviendha
24: Grundlterror
25: Drez
26: Vertroue- Sammael
27: Spudge- Ianelle
28: JaysonFour- Thom Merilin
29: Voidslayer- Leane Shariff
30: LoserForHireX

Reserve-
2: Wildcat
3: Stever777

Thetheroo on
Β«13456720

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Folding my arms, pulling on my braid

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: Β»
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There are special points awarded if you act like a massive jerk in this game.

Thetheroo on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Reserve up for now.

The Anonymous on
    edited May 2011

As long as you make me Mat, and I get Day One'd, the universe will be in balance.

Nice save, by the way :)

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

The_Reflection on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

i accept

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited May 2011
    Ringo wrote: Β»

As long as you make me Mat, and I get Day One'd, the universe will be in balance.

Nice save, by the way :)

Acting like a jerk is a grand tradition in the WoT universe, gotta stay true to that.

Thetheroo on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, what a clusterfuck this will be.

lonelyahava on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sign thing

Dunadan019 on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh

this isn't a wheel of fortune phalla

Zandracon on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like my time flat thank you very much

romanqwerty on
    edited May 2011
    Ok scratch the Mat thing

I just want access to balefire

and the ability to nullify people's vote and actions retroactively by hitting them with it

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited May 2011
    So hyped for this. So god-damned hyped. I want to start playing now. I swear to god I will Balefire this car around.
    Also I will be posting legions of Thom/Shaidar Haran fanfic.

Sir Fabulous on

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I gotta get in on this.

Will we be starting tomorrow (Mother's Day)? I may be out much of the day, so I just wanted to know...

El Skid on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    there was once a WoT mini many times ago. purely Aes Sedai though.

I subbed in like last minute, played a day or two and then the last day there were 3 of us. 2 Aes Sedai and 1 Black Ajah.

and I was the deciding vote. It was me, CrimsonCoyote, and Toxic Toys.

I'm not sure who was which, but I think CC was the Black Ajah and I sided with Toxic (which considering my epic grudge against him for all time) and we won the game.

CC was very angry at me. :P

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2011
    I'll say this now.

I have never read these books.

I have the first one I borrowed from my mom, but I haven't read it yet.

References, I will not get them.

kuhlmeye on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Carridin: I hate Aes Sedai because they destroyed the world. Now I must help the Great Lord destroy the world.

I mean sign up

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: Β»
    I'll say this now.

I have never read these books.

I have the first one I borrowed from my mom, but I haven't read it yet.

References, I will not get them.

I really enjoyed the first few, but the man really needed an editor.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

edited May 2011
    I just plowed through the entire series in a month. It was glorious. The series has its flaws, but all in all it's very enjoyable.

If I have to read one more monologue about how women are so much wiser than men and how all men are fools, Imma shoot someone.

Thetheroo on
    edited May 2011
    well that takes care of me writing in the way of an Aes Sedai.

I have to pick up Towers of Midnight, although I hate the way Sanderson wrote the first one, but alas, must finish series.

I do be intending, however, to be talking as much like this as I can be having. Though I do not be remembering whether I be speaking Tarboner or Illianer.

Though I do not be highly upset should one be calling me Domani. I do be quite endowed enough for that, I do be thinking.

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2011
    If I have to read one more monologue about how women are so much wiser than men and how all men are fools, Imma shoot someone.
    Egwene: Rand al'Thor! Don't you just have a grand opinion of yourself! Just because everyone's trying to kill or use you, you think everyone's trying to kill or use you. Also, you are woolheaded and being a mule. And a mule-head.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Sign Up!

MaxFrost on
    edited May 2011

I have to pick up Towers of Midnight, although I hate the way Sanderson wrote the first one, but alas, must finish series.

I do be intending, however, to be talking as much like this as I can be having. Though I do not be remembering whether I be speaking Tarboner or Illianer.

Though I do not be highly upset should one be calling me Domani. I do be quite endowed enough for that, I do be thinking.

Towers of Midnight is rad as hell, much better than The Gathering Storm.

Thetheroo on
    edited May 2011
    I hope so. I was so aggravated with the way that he wrote Aviendha in Gathering Storm, it was all I could do to get through the book. it was like up until that point she had been growing in her ways, all of them had, and then sanderson dropped her back down to like being twelve or something and it was.... frustrating.

but from what I can gather, Towers has the part of the plot that i've been waiting for for like 4 books now.... i'm just hoping it'll become available on kindle soon.... or is it

lonelyahava on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ah, Wheel of Time. Never has a series more impressed upon me that the author had deeply fucked up ideas regarding gender relations.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I read around 5 of the books before the series started to bore me. It didn't help that everyone was telling me it only went downhill after that point.

mEEksa on
    edited May 2011
    I hope so. I was so aggravated with the way that he wrote Aviendha in Gathering Storm, it was all I could do to get through the book. it was like up until that point she had been growing in her ways, all of them had, and then sanderson dropped her back down to like being twelve or something and it was.... frustrating.

but from what I can gather, Towers has the part of the plot that i've been waiting for for like 4 books now.... i'm just hoping it'll become available on kindle soon.... or is it

It is, that's how I read it.

Thetheroo on
    edited May 2011
    it really depended on what you were looking for. For me, I thoroughly and deeply enjoyed the world building that Jordan did. all the details of everything were spectacular. and as somebody trying to build myself a fantasy world to write in it was helpful to have something as reference.

of course the beglariad and mallorean are also great learning and references but still.

I enjoyed WoT more for the background than the actual plot. and the main plot is so obvious, it's the side plots that fascinated me, so the later books were just dandy for me. i wanted more information on the world than i was given, more more more. and the later books gave me that. the plot didn't advance as much, but there was so much juicy juicy juicy info for the world as a whole that i read through them like Dr seuss. and then reread them.

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2011

That do be an Illian accent. Illian like Bayle Domon.

iaza12475425611200.bmp

Sir Fabulous on

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've never read any of these books but the encouragement to be a dick brought me in. Whats the bare minimum of the source material I will need to know?

The_Reflection on
    edited May 2011
    holyfuck it's not a shark anymore.

hmmm there appears to also be a prologue that can be purchased separately.

i think once i finish up with the temeraire books, i'll get to towers of midnight...

Reffy, the world is ending and we either have to help or stop it.

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2011
    I've never read any of these books but the encouragement to be a dick brought me in. Whats the bare minimum of the source material I will need to know?

If you're anything like me... none.

kuhlmeye on
    edited May 2011
    Mannnn, now I gotta write a whole backstory post thing.

Check out the wiki while I work on the opening day post. Game probably won't start till Monday, though.

Thetheroo on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !matrim cauthon is probably the best character ever
    rand can die in a fire, basically

Lucedes on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Even though I never read the source material, and don't really have any inclination to, why not

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I prefer Perrin. And Aviendha. Although Lan...

man i really do like the characters.

lonelyahava on
    edited May 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: Β»
    Ah, Wheel of Time. Never has a series more impressed upon me that the author had deeply fucked up ideas regarding gender relations.

Thetheroo on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Capfalcon on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I smooth my skirts.

Didn't get past the 6th book.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator