As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"cartoons on the internet"

ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Artist's Corner
I'm back, baby. Here's a link to my old thread on this forum, and here's a link to my deviantart page (which I like because it keeps everything in one place).

This first drawing is probably five years old. The other ones are new. Let me know what you think.

ice_cream_ambulance_by_kyleharv-d3e2hxp.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_1_by_kyleharv-d3e2i4w.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_2_by_kyleharv-d3e2i9u.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_3_by_kyleharv-d3e2ic0.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_4_by_kyleharv-d3e2idx.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_5_by_kyleharv-d3e2igg.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_6_by_kyleharv-d3e2iig.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_7_by_kyleharv-d3e2ilk.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_8_by_kyleharv-d3e2inx.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_9_by_kyleharv-d3e2ipz.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_10_by_kyleharv-d3e2isx.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_11_by_kyleharv-d3e2iv9.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_12_by_kyleharv-d3e2iwx.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_13_by_kyleharv-d3e2iys.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_14_by_kyleharv-d3e2j0b.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_15_by_kyleharv-d3e2j2i.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_15_b_by_kyleharv-d3e2ja0.jpg

creepy_bulbasaurs_by_kyleharv-d3e2jhj.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_16_by_kyleharv-d3e2jzs.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_17_by_kyleharv-d3e2kmm.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_18_by_kyleharv-d3e2krl.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_19_by_kyleharv-d3e2ku9.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_20_by_kyleharv-d3e2l4p.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_21_by_kyleharv-d3e2l9f.jpg

making_up_for_lost_time_22_by_kyleharv-d3e2lcs.jpg

almost_forgot_these_1_by_kyleharv-d3e4zit.jpg

almost_forgot_these_2_by_kyleharv-d3e4zoo.jpg

almost_forgot_these_3_by_kyleharv-d3e4zrg.jpg

almost_forgot_these_4_by_kyleharv-d3e4zwz.jpg

almost_forgot_these_5_by_kyleharv-d3e5041.jpg

almost_forgot_these_6_by_kyleharv-d3e5071.jpg

almost_forgot_these_7_by_kyleharv-d3e50ba.jpg

Paradise on

• Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was wondering when you'd be back to feed me more of this deliciousness. Welcome back!

I like a good number of these, but I have to say the girl in the green shirt is my fav you've done so far.

Nanaki on
    Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks, Nanaki, glad you like her! You should post more often. I remember some of your characters looking cool and different.

If anybody has anything to comment, please do. I'm always interested in people's input.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I tried something different with these. They're bigger than the others (18"x24"), and they mix watercolors, markers, and sometimes crayon.

big_water_1_by_kyleharv-d3ezlke.jpg

big_water_2_by_kyleharv-d3ezlmv.jpg

big_water_3_by_kyleharv-d3ezlpx.jpg

big_water_4_by_kyleharv-d3ezlse.jpg

big_water_5_by_kyleharv-d3ezlxl.jpg

Also, the opening post now has a link to my old thread and my DA page, in case you want to see my old work.

Paradise on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yay more paradise! There's many of these that please me so! Actually, some of those watercolor ones are way cool, I think you should keep pushing your boundaries by using different mediums such as these.

I still stand by the fact that these would be even more rad if incorporated into actual scenes and concepts, instead of just character design after character design and nothing else. Some of these characters designs are rippin', but they still sometimes don't feel like a finished piece of art. That being said, I love that red, long legged dude with the boots and floppy ears.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Reminds me of Joe List, with extra dimensions of crazy.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I still stand by the fact that these would be even more rad if incorporated into actual scenes and concepts, instead of just character design after character design and nothing else.
    I do want to incorporate my characters into scenes, stories, and concepts, but when I try writing narratives for comics (or even just 3-panel comics), I usually abandon them before getting to the drawing stage. I just don't usually like my writing very much. It would be awesome to find a co-author to help get the ball rolling on creating some funny stories. Here at Penny Arcade, Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins work that way, and it seems to suit them pretty well.

This week I have finals to take care of, but then I have a week off after that, so expect to see some experimentation with different media (and stuff that isn't just character designs) soon.

edit:
    Reminds me of Joe List, with extra dimensions of crazy.
    Whoa, this stuff is great! And drawing on magazines looks like a blast. I'll have to try it soon.

Paradise on