As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Zeboyd Games Megathread]: Penny Arcade Adventures Ep 3 Out NOW!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Turkey wrote: »
    Not a fan of the title, but everything else sounds sweet

Stick in the mud :P

This announcement is exactly what I wanted.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    GezGez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just another question to RainbowDespair & slash000. Assuming the PC version gets approved on Steam, will it be available to Australians aswell?

Gez on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Commentary sounds badass

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gez wrote: »
    Just another question to RainbowDespair & slash000. Assuming the PC version gets approved on Steam, will it be available to Australians aswell?

That's something I hadn't thought of. I know XBLIG isn't available in Australia, presumably or at least in part due to the lack of ratings on XBLIG games. Steam does not always require a ESRB (or other) rating.. but are these games withheld from the Steam store in Australia for that reason? If not-rated indie games are available on Steam in Australia then I don't see any reason why ours (assuming we get approved that is) wouldn't be.

slash000 on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a Zeboyd Games Facebook page up now - http://www.facebook.com/ZeboydGames

Posted an image there of the new Molly the Werezompire sprite.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But if I go there, and 'like' you, then you will know who I really am, and see my triumphant victories and my secret shames.

It's worth it.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Would you like some new music? You would? I thought so.

Cthulhu's Angels mode - Battle Theme - http://binbag.superfundungeonrun.com/cth_CA_battle.mp3
    Cthulhu's Angels mode - Boss Theme - http://binbag.superfundungeonrun.com/cth_CA_boss.mp3

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Right-click, save as, and import to itunes.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Want a bromide?

OctoberBromide1.png

The new version will have at least one Bromide for each main character. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So that's what a bromide is.

That moment in Chrono Trigger suddenly makes less sense than ever.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    From wikipedia:
    In Japan, "bromide" (ブロマイド), or "promide" (プロマイド) refers to a category of commercial photographic portraits of celebrities including geisha, singers, actors and actresses of both stage and film, and sports stars. The use of the term "bromide" or "promide" occurs regardless of whether bromide paper was actually used for the photograph.

In 1921 the Marubell Company began marketing photographs of celebrities under the name "Promide".[1] The first of these was a portrait of the film actress Sumiko Kurishima. Marubell sold the photographic paper as "bromide", and its finished photographs as "Promide". The two words eventually became synonymous and between the mid-1940s and the late-1980s sales of "bromides" were used to measure the popularity of Japanese idols. Sales records were released on a monthly basis for the following categories: "Male Singers", "Female Singers", "Actors", and "Actresses".

The use of the term "bromide" (or "promide") to refer to a celebrity photograph remains a part of Japanese popular consciousness, and reference books such as the Kōjien Dictionary and NHK's Broadcasting Glossary recognize the term as such. Although the term is gradually falling out of use, it still occasionally appears in Japanese media (to include manga, TV shows and video games). In the Lunar video game series, for example, the "bromides" are collector items reminiscent of pin-up photographs; they typically feature female characters.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just got an email from Valve. Looks like Cthulhu Saves the World is coming to Steam. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations, that's fantastic news.

LewieP on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LewieP wrote: »

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just got an email from Valve. Looks like Cthulhu Saves the World is coming to Steam. :)

Wow congrats!

I hope it doesn't have region locking on Australian Steam, I want to pick this up.

Gez on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dyvion wrote: »

MOAR LIME!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    congratulations!

What's new on the steam version?
    Do we get RainbowD and Slash singing the maintheme like in other indie games?

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ill buy it, when will it be available?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »

MOAR LIME!

Seriously though awesome news!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    limed.gif

MOAR LIME!

Seriously though awesome news!

Super lime.

Is this coming to Australia though? Because as much as I want the game, I don't think I'll be able to move overseas to get it.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well hurrah hurrah!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations guys!

Not far from now activision will buy you guys up to do CoD rpg's for XBLA!

Tommatt on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's not fantastic news.

Fantastic news is when they release a TF2 hat promo for your game.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Even if it were to not get a release in Australia, or indeed any other country, it's pretty trivial to gift games internationally on Steam, and they only need to be available in the region the person buying the gift is in, not the person receiving it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Even if it were to not get a release in Australia, or indeed any other country, it's pretty trivial to gift games internationally on Steam, and they only need to be available in the region the person buying the gift is in, not the person receiving it.

Say its not available in Australia, for me it's a question of trust. I don't trust anyone over the internet, period. If i gift someone 3bucks for the game, how do i know that person isn't going to run off with my money and not gift the game back? I've read too many horror stories. I have no friends overseas, none that game anyway or use Steam for that manner.

The worst one i read, is if the gifter files are charge-back on their Credit card on a game they gifted to you, you can get your account locked!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?r=23124806#r23124806
    5 reply down is the one i was talking about.

So i prefer to buy games myself so i avoid problems, and if a problem arises i can fix it.

Gez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'd say you can trust the penny arcade bros. Plus, rather than gifting money, you could buy them a game of equal value to cthulu as payment.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    PA Forumers are good people mang. Go with a familar face you know has been around forever and you'll be fine. I set up a similar deal to get YDKJ in the UK (which I have put criminally little time into since) and the fine forumer in question (Figgy) had gifted me the game before I'd even had a chance to ask where to send the money!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, you just have to look at how successful the christmas gifting threads are on these forums to know PA people are good people.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    PA is the only place I'd give people my money to buy me something cheaper.

Hell I think I'll gift a few copies of CStW when it's out, everyone needs to play it.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    I'd say you can trust the penny arcade bros. Plus, rather than gifting money, you could buy them a game of equal value to cthulu as payment.

I always assumed that these things were always about exchanges in games. Gifting games over the holidays was fun.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Plus if you enter a deal with someone and they don't honor it, you can post and tell everyone about it and everyone will know they are a goose of the highest magnitude.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Rotting MeatRotting Meat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did you guys ever do a post-mortem for CSTW? I really enjoyed the one on BODVII.

Rotting Meat on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Did you guys ever do a post-mortem for CSTW? I really enjoyed the one on BODVII.

Yes, actually, our Cthulhu Saves the World post-mortem is in the current issue of Game Developer Magazine.

http://www.gdmag.com/homepage.htm

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Shit yearrrrrr, there's not enough lime in the world. Welcome to the revolution, brother. Can't wait, I'll pick it up day one, even if I think you could/should be charging more for something as good as CSTW.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I made a thread on the Steam forums to build up some hype.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886575

Gez on
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I never got to play this or BoD as I don't own an Xbox. Now that it's coming to Steam I'll be picking it up Day One. I read somewhere that it's being bundled with BoDVII, which would be fantastic if true.

Please say it's true

APODionysus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's true. It's going to be a bundle with both games in it.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Are there gonna be Steam Achievements?

Turkey on
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's true. It's going to be a bundle with both games in it.

I love you.

I can't tell you how excited I am for these. I'm always - ALWAYS - hankering for old 8/16 bit style RPGs. All my best gaming memories involve those games. The Final Fantasies, Ultima: quest for the avatar, the Dragon Warriors... and the fact that yours are also parodilicious makes me think of what may be the best RPG I've ever played - Earthbound.

I can't wait.

Oh and Cthulhu? Well, let's just say my goddaughter/niece was born on Monday. I ordered a special baby gift for her.

A Cthulhu plushie.

So yeah, youre hitting all my cylinders.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Turkey wrote: »
    Are there gonna be Steam Achievements?

No. We didn't hear about getting approved until just recently when we're practically done with the port+enhancements. And we don't really have the time to add a bunch of Steamworks features now since we need to work on our next game (since we want to show it off at PAX this year).

RainbowDespair on