As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallopolis - September - Heroes Win!

1444546474850»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PL - Awesome game.

Gleve - I clearly now phalla hate you!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PL - Awesome game.

Does that mean you like me now? *Puppy Eyes*

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    PL - Awesome game.

I could always admit that what you did was damn clever. I was just pissed that is worked...

SHEEP!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PL - Awesome game.

I could always admit that what you did was damn clever. I was just pissed that is worked...

SHEEP!
    <3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would like to point out that while you Villains didn't get as many of us as you may have liked to, you *DID* kill off every single one of our seerings. The only one you didn't kill off was Locus, who was actually a Venus seering (and one of the very last days).

Thats because they seered him as well and knew he was a citizen =)

Tofu wrote:
    We would have done so much better if Venus hadn't died the first month.

Seriously, if we had remained hidden we could have caused so much more confusion and panic.

Last Son on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Also when did you heroes know I was a villain, or was it a guess. This is the first game were I was not really active and just followed bandwagons. Yet I lived for almost the entire game.

I seered you on the second to last night. The one time that I actually found a villain this game.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    If Inquisitor had voted for Squashua and the UD hadn't knocked out his protection it's be him and Omni-Corp vs. a guardian and a seer, with more votes then the village could muster.

Well, you also have to consider that Gale Force was 100% inactive for what, the first 3-4 months?
    3 vigilantes or 3 guards that went missing could have been put to good use, and weren't.

In the end, I think it was balanced and after reading the boards, was poor judgement on the villains/neutrals parts on whom to kill and when.

The Heroes were pretty sure JDarksun was G.G. before I even joined the game.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    4. TehSpectre - Not a Villain, possibly a new Neutral or annoying Citizen.
    Nice.

That was all me "lover".

-Gale "Squashua" Force

Squashua on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    If Inquisitor had voted for Squashua and the UD hadn't knocked out his protection it's be him and Omni-Corp vs. a guardian and a seer, with more votes then the village could muster.

Well, you also have to consider that Gale Force was 100% inactive for what, the first 3-4 months?
    3 vigilantes or 3 guards that went missing could have been put to good use, and weren't.

In the end, I think it was balanced and after reading the boards, was poor judgement on the villains/neutrals parts on whom to kill and when.

The only problem I had was the side kick thing, it proved to be way too good in this game, also add in the fact that manmountain's powers ended up being useless.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really only wish my protection ability could have been used to protect other villains instead of myself. But that's just how it goes.

I'd say the game was decently balanced, but neither the villains nor neutrals really played an A-game

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

The only problem I had was the side kick thing, it proved to be way too good in this game, also add in the fact that manmountain's powers ended up being useless.

Considering night 1 killed off the revenger (making me the vigilante) and you killed off the backup to the seer (but fortunately never attacked the true seer) and we got no one until night 2 (and even then it was only cold front) you guys still had a lot of killing power. Add to that that we never had a chance to form the freedom coalition since Gale Force was inactive (and we lost 3 kills due to that) the odds were kinda stacked in your favor for a while. Unfortunately, up until the last night (seriously, the heroes were outlined for you Inquisitor, why pick Robothero?) you guys picked the wrong heroes to kill. You killed off all the BLAST agents (with the help of Omni-Corp) but the only heroes that got killed were our guardian (but Grimmy still had his one time protection and Squashua remained a guardian to protect me) and the Boxxer.

If you would have attacked Squashua, Inquisitor, and the UD didn't disable your protection I think you would have won, since that would have been 9 heroes dead. Grimmy and I both had protection.

Edit: And I would have to say if it weren't my distrust towards neutrals (you can thank Shamus for that) Jdark played a damn fine game. When he first started talking to us everyone was like oh boy he's helping us, awesome! We can trust him! But not me, I was skeptical the whole time and it paid off in the end. Definite A-game from the neutrals. I especially enjoyed their last day antics.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Considering night 1 killed off the revenger (making me the vigilante) and you killed off the backup to the seer (but fortunately never attacked the true seer) and we got no one until night 2 (and even then it was only cold front) you guys still had a lot of killing power. Add to that that we never had a chance to form the freedom coalition since Gale Force was inactive (and we lost 3 kills due to that) the odds were kinda stacked in your favor for a while. Unfortunately, up until the last night (seriously, the heroes were outlined for you Inquisitor, why pick Robothero?) you guys picked the wrong heroes to kill. You killed off all the BLAST agents (with the help of Omni-Corp) but the only heroes that got killed were our guardian (but Grimmy still had his one time protection and Squashua remained a guardian to protect me) and the Boxxer.

If you would have attacked Squashua, Inquisitor, and the UD didn't disable your protection I think you would have won, since that would have been 9 heroes dead. Grimmy and I both had protection.

"Villains – Outnumber the do-gooders and innocents! Eliminate at least 9 Heroes"

We don't win once 9 heroes died, just that we need to have at least 9 heroes killed and outnumber the innocents to win.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I must've missed the heroes being outlined for me. Like I said, I definately didnt bring my A-game this time. It's finals week for me and alot of other stuff is going on so I usually just skimmed the thread as fast as I could, consequently my performance suffered.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

"Villains – Outnumber the do-gooders and innocents! Eliminate at least 9 Heroes"

We don't win once 9 heroes died, just that we need to have at least 9 heroes killed and outnumber the innocents to win.

Ah I was kinda wondering about that, I was worried that you could win in that way. I thought we in more of a tough spot then we actually were.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I must've missed the heroes being outlined for me. Like I said, I definately didnt bring my A-game this time. It's finals week for me and alot of other stuff is going on so I usually just skimmed the thread as fast as I could, consequently my performance suffered.

Yea I was busy with work and final projects, so I ended up just skimming and joining bandwagons, usually not offereing anything to the village. Yet I lived to day 8, while in most phallas when I play normally, I am getting called on for being suscipious past day 4. :D

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So far in the two phalla's I've played I've lasted until the very last night. Never won yet though. Of course, now that I said that I am going to die the first night of the haunted house phalla.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yea I was busy with work and final projects, so I ended up just skimming and joining bandwagons, usually not offereing anything to the village. Yet I lived to day 8, while in most phallas when I play normally, I am getting called on for having a cute avatar past day 4. :D

Fixed.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Yea I was busy with work and final projects, so I ended up just skimming and joining bandwagons, usually not offereing anything to the village. Yet I lived to day 8, while in most phallas when I play normally, I am getting called on for having a cute avatar past day 4. :D

Fixed.

Fear me and my revenge for I am a host now, muahahahahha!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Edit: And I would have to say if it weren't my distrust towards neutrals (you can thank Shamus for that) Jdark played a damn fine game. When he first started talking to us everyone was like oh boy he's helping us, awesome! We can trust him! But not me, I was skeptical the whole time and it paid off in the end. Definite A-game from the neutrals. I especially enjoyed their last day antics.

Eh? To be fair, you weren't the only one who didn't trust jdarksun. Read the forums again, I'm pretty sure I wanted him dead day 3 then everyday after that I warned people that he couldn't be trusted and it was in his interest to work with the villains and not us.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    True, there were certain people who didn't trust him... you were one of them =)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Me too. I thought it was very odd that jdark would act in a way that was so potentially detrimental to his team.

I think we were all warning each other about him, but we never actually did anything about it. Nearly cost us, in the end. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Me too. I thought it was very odd that jdark would act in a way that was so potentially detrimental to his team.

I think we were all warning each other about him, but we never actually did anything about it. Nearly cost us, in the end. :P

I was actually going to mention your suspicions of Jdark as well.. but then I remembered how you reacted to Venus when Last Son PM'd you.... so I guess you are just as paranoid as I am :lol:

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    To Jdark: Only for you morally bankrupt oligarchs.

Not for us, the morally pure oligarchs.

Or for the good citizens of Phallopolis, either. Yeah. Them. 8-)

To grundl: Hey, I was worried that I was going to be converted and used to take the network down from the inside. I was working on about a half-hour of internet time /day at that point. I'm amazed I was thinking that rationally.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    damnit

precisionk was punchline

now my day1 death makes sense!

Hahhahah.. Yes I raped you all. Even in my demise, I didn't know who killed me. I thought maybe the heroes but it was tofu. So in retrospect, the heroes didn't kill and I am still the grand master of villains.

precisionk on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Munkus, were you at any point during this phalla posting whilst drunk?

Aldo on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I certainly hope so!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If I post after midnight, I am usually drunk ;p

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I certainly hope so!
    I called him Drunkus Beaver in D&D's IRC. :P

It's childish, but it did get the point across.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    I certainly hope so!
    I called him Drunkus Beaver in D&D's IRC. :P

It's childish, but it did get the point across.

That's very witty.

Squashua on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There where I was answering QttE and fielding clarification questions while completely shit faced. Somehow I didn't reveal anything I shouldn't have.

PsychoLarry1 on