As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i think nocturne and vayne were made so people would stop banning 4 tanks

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    not that anyone cares about 3v3, but vayne is HILARIOUS on twisted treeline

there are so many walls!
    and there are so many places where a stealth tumble could mean you escaped in many different directions!
    And then it turns out you actually turned and fought and stunned them into a wall and they die!

unintentional on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    gary we gonna play so much 3v3 tomorrow

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to all of you who I may have raged at over the last year.

Finally lost my father today after over a year of caring for him through his illnesses.

It's a reminder that we should always try and be kinder to one another, no matter what we're dealing with, because at the end of the day, we're just playing a game together trying to pass the time.

I'm sorry to hear that, that sucks :(

My condolences bro

Rent on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    also just fyi Rumble remains a champ that's so stupid to faceroll with

running 21 in defense and 9 in util it's like oh wow hey i take no damage from enemy minions and oh hey i'm going to do a shitload of damage in yo face, have fun

why would you not run 9/21/0 masteries

there's no reason to not take the 15% magic pen

personally I think increased EXP gains is worth the loss in magic pen, since he gets so powerful at 6
    Thread title updated. If anyone wants to provide me with some choice screenshots of famous Rent-isms, I can edit those in as well.

Rent wrote: »
    DON"T LISTEN TO ME I AM TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME HOLY SHIT

ed: no but really only listen to me when i talk about ww or like nocturne/shen, since those are my mains

Rent on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to hear that, Simon.

If you need to rage at someone, let me know and I'll feed in a game with you. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think rumble is overpowered right now

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sheesh, in a 3v3 I died and then couldn't respawn. Then the game said it wanted to kick me for idleness. I could still buy items and zoom my camera around. I told our 1-9 Yi to stop fucking around and rush the nexus. We won!

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, Rumble is pretty broken. I figure that, once they nerf him, he'll be either middle of the road or Galio levels of garbage. That's just my cynicism, though.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Galio's like p good now

you mean old galio i assume

Rent on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yes. I forgot that he got buffed.

I should try him again, provided I don't fall asleep at my keyboard in the process.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Vayne uses tumble to roll towards me

hey I'm Rumble I'm gonna use my ult and kill you

Vayne dies

but that game also had a terrible free week Rumble that I fed to it sucked

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    also nerf Rumble please

0rumble.th.png

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm fucking about on Vayne. Normals with a buddy of mine, he's on Morde. I go mid against...a nocturne? Mind you there is a Caitlyn in this game, but Noct comes mid. I kill him fairly early on, and then...the servers shit themselves. The 5v5 becomes a 3v3.

After a few minutes, everyone re-connects. I get back in last. Half the game is level 13, the enemy Xin is 16, I'm still level 5.

I then proceed to murder every single motherfucker, eventually going 14/10/10, and successfully 1v1ing every single person on the enemy team. It felt good.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sword of the Divine counters Jax?
    8HfOo.jpg

smug.gif

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oh HoN is free to play right now

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And I will still never play it.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »

I just kind of want to see all the champions and move on. Are there bot games?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I tried it a little while back, thought "this is literally where fun goes to die", and forgot I even had it afterwards. I was making room for a bunch of GodsGirls shit whenever I remembered that it was there and uninstalled the thing.

I've considered giving it another shot, but I'd honestly rather give myself a paper cut straight down the length of my urethra.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well with the gears of war beta ending , its time to get back into lol and keep practicing my malzahar.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Vayne is not very good at hunting vampires. Heal through dat true damage dracula

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Vayne is not very good at hunting vampires. Heal through dat true damage dracula

Well he is a hemomage, not a vampire.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    God riot. I hate you so fucking much. Your servers and such are just proving too incompetent lately. I love your game, but I'm very tempted to just plain stop playing forever with how shitty your upkeep is. One thing's for sure, I'm not spending any money on your game in the near future.

Aydr on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to all of you who I may have raged at over the last year.

Finally lost my father today after over a year of caring for him through his illnesses.

It's a reminder that we should always try and be kinder to one another, no matter what we're dealing with, because at the end of the day, we're just playing a game together trying to pass the time.
    Hugs, bro. Hella goddamn hugs.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Aydr wrote: »
    God riot. I hate you so fucking much. Your servers and such are just proving too incompetent lately. I love your game, but I'm very tempted to just plain stop playing forever with how shitty your upkeep is. One thing's for sure, I'm not spending any money on your game in the near future.
    Won't not spending money on their stuff kinda only make the situation worse? Can't fix a server if you don't have the money to do so.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    they got plenty of cash (thanks to China)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Someone a few pages back was scoffing at paying 20 bucks for rune pages, but let me tell you. As someone who has spent a decent chunk of money on this game, the runepages were by far the best purchase I made. Pretty much the only thing worth the money unequivocally and that includes the 2 champ bundles.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    in fact, I'm not even sure if the money doesn't just go directly to the company that bought them

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Arkady wrote: »
    Someone a few pages back was scoffing at paying 20 bucks for rune pages, but let me tell you. As someone who has spent a decent chunk of money on this game, the runepages were by far the best purchase I made. Pretty much the only thing worth the money unequivocally and that includes the 2 champ bundles.
    This. Having extra rune pages has allowed me to be far more flexible when it comes to playing champs on a reactionary basis.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I was wondering lately, could the Ez ult actually do as much damage as the MF ult over it's full duration?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i'm the opposite

i like maxing out my runes to the max and having ultraspecific runepages

yeah, I'd really like some crit runes for gangplank and trynd

and some aspeed runes for the champs who benefit more from those than armor pen

but I also like having more champions to play

DILEMMA

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »

I just kind of want to see all the champions and move on. Are there bot games?

No there are no bot games. Every game is with horrible people and it seemed like every game I played boiled down to which team's stealth supercarry could become a unstoppable killing machine first.

The champs are cool but the game is almost embarassing to play. The Unreal Tournament style announcer screaming things like "Serial Killer!" "Double Tap!" "Dog Rapist!" and "RAGEQUIT!" makes you feel like if you are older than 15, you shouldn't be playing.

I'd wait for DOTA2 as the champs will be the same as HON's, and DOTA's before that.

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thank you, Chu. You just made my day. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I love that video.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ashe steals baron with arrow from base

team morale destroyed. big time loss

:(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So is there a time limit to games?

Just got done with an 88 minute match. Me (Malz), Tryn, WW, Vlad and Kat up against Rumble, Morde, Veigar, Garen, WW.

Match starts. Vlad and Tryn go top because they're buddies, and stomp on Morde and Rumble all early game. WW insists on being Midwick, and goes up against his twin in mid, and stomps him.
    Kat goes bottom lane with me, drops out in 4th minute. Garen and Veigar continue to feed me, level 18 by the time everyone is level 12.

4v5, so we're playing pretty defensively. Despite the early kill lead, they push towers with the champ advantage. They get baron 4 times, several of those times being forcing us to abandon Baron in the middle of our kill, but they never push while they have it. They just hang out in mid and snipe the retarded Tryn who would run off on his own to be captain Demacia or some shit.

WW, Vlad and I get two decent pushes, knock down all three inhib towers during our 1 baron possession. For the rest of the game though they basically 5v3 us at our own towers while Trynd goes about his business being a worthless sack of shit. During those 30 minutes of D, WW and I occasionally backdoor their inhibs.

Like, guaranteed win for them if they just manned up and tower dove. But no, they're too worried about getting hit by the towers, never take down our inhib towers. Too stupid to pay attention what's going on in their base. Minions push the last 2 towers and kill the nexus for us.

Priest on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When you're 6 levels above them and it's 4v5 you need to push hard force fights where you can destroy them. You can do it despite the man disadvantage if you had that many levels on them.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When you're 6 levels above them and it's 4v5 you need to push hard force fights where you can destroy them. You can do it despite the man disadvantage if you had that many levels on them.

Indeed. I was way too focused on getting bottom tower down so that they'd stop forcing my tower, that I didn't go to other lanes enough : / In hindsight, I'm pretty sure if WW, Vlad, and I had pushed in like the 30th minute, we would have at least gotten their mid towers and inhib down. Part of me was just having too much damn fun eating Garen and Veigar.

Priest on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I told you Malzahar was the way to go :) I feel like I get FB with him all the time by level 2-3

Just by poking with E and Q and then once they're about half hp e + ignite and some auto attacks for FB

Pacificstar on