As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Mini-Phalla] of Ice and Fire: Game Over! Village/Bronn Victory!

godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Critical Failures
a_song_of_ice_and_fire_2.jpg

In the game of thrones, you win or you die.

In the land of Westeros, families beyond count vie for wealth, glory, and power. No gains towards these goals come without consequences, of course, and so unrest has swept the land. King Robert Baratheon holds the crown, yet some cannot help but question his descent into drunken merryment while so many of his loyal subjects are unhappy. Many think they can bear the weight of rule more gracefully, more fairly, and certainly more ruthlessly.
But who can survive to sit atop The Iron Throne?

This will be a basic Phalla, pitting a small, informed "mafia" group against a large, uninformed "village" group. But be wary...for there are yet those that do not align themselves perfectly with each.

Each day, it is your job to VOTE for the person that you think is trying to take the crown by nefarious means. To eliminate a player, use the Bold Red format with a similar accompanying phrase. If you wish to retract a vote, use the Bold Lime format, or simply vote for another player in Bold Red and your previous vote that day will be discarded.

Please state your intent to join the game by typing Sign Up or similar phrase in Bold Lime. The game will start with a minimum of 20 players, and a maximum of 30.

As usual, please do not quote host-provided PMs directly, nor utilize screenshots to share information. If your group decides to create a proboard, I will require an invite.

Vote close will be at 10 PM Eastern. All actions up to and prior to 9:59 count for that day, any actions at 10:00 and beyond will either count the next day or be discarded.

Clarifications may be requested in Bold Orange.
thorgot wrote: »
Is there conversion in this game?

Not this one.
stever777 wrote: »
Do we get to be on HBO?

I won't be the one to rob you of your dreams.
Kusuguttai wrote: »
so when is dis gonna start?

Day 1 will likely be Sunday, unless I get 30 people before about 8 or 9 tonight, in which case we can start at 10PM.
Ooooh, will whoever gets the Imp role be required to post witty/snide commentary?

Clarification Denied.
Raakam wrote: »
Do ties kill everyone involved?

Ties result in me using my handy-dandy coinflip app.
Darian wrote: »
What is the order of actions? If the vote is not first, does it trickle?

Actions -> Vote, No vote trickle.

On inactivity: If thou dost not vote for two days in a row, or three days total, thou will be likely be either killed most humiliatingly, or torn asunder by wights. Whichever tickles my fancy.

A note on spoilers:
As most of you probably know, there's a TV series currently running tied to The Game of Thrones. I will be doing my best to avoid spoiling actual events from the book and TV show, though if some action is taken by a character in game that coincides with the series, I won't do anything to change it. Just don't point it out, and the people unfamiliar with the story won't be the wiser, so it technically won't be a spoiler, right? If you absolutely MUST talk about the series (despite the other threads for that), PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS and indicate (outside the tags) which show/book the spoilers involve.
Also, you do not need to be familiar with the story to enjoy this game.

Day 1 Narration
Day 2 Narration
Day 3 Results
Day 4 Narration
Day 5 Narration
Player List:
1. DevoutlyApathetic(Sansa Stark) Dead Day 1
2. Ringo(Jory Cassell) Dead Day 2
3. Cargo Culture(Hodor) Victorious!
4. Mr. Defecation(Lord Commander Jeor Mormont) Victorious!
5. Thetheroo(Daenerys Targaryen(or something)) Dead Day 3
6. kuhlmeye(Arya Stark) Dead Day 3
7. Phyphor(Maester Coleman) Dead Day 1
8. Matev(Lysa Arryn) Victorious!
9. 101(Edmure Tully) Victorious!
10. Darian(Maester Luwin) Dead Day 1
11. SimBen(Jon Snow) Dead Day 4
12. Spudge(Ser Rodrik Cassel) Dead Day 4
13. Mr. Mojo Risin(Jon Umber) Dead Day 3
14. thorgot(Bronn the Sellsword) Victorious!
15. B:L(King Robert Baratheon) Dead Day 2
16. stever777(Tyrion Lannister) Dead Day 4
17. CaptainPlanet82(Jaqen H'ghar) Dead Day 5
18. Drez(Brynden Tully) Victorious!
19. Turkson(Theon Greyjoy) Dead Day 5
20. SeGaTai(Patchface the Fool) Failed to meet his win condition, but did not die
21. cj iwakura(Eddard Stark) Dead Day 4
22. Alegis(Lord Robert Arryn) Dead Day 1
23. immortal squish Inactively eliminated
24. oldmanken(Benjen Stark) Victorious!
25. Balefuego(Samwell Tarly) Dead Day 2
26. Alt_raven(Cersei Lannister) Dead Day 3
27. Spoit(Jaime Lannister) Dead Day 5
28. Extermatott(Prince Joffrey) Dead Day 2
29. Raakam(Robb Stark) Dead Day 5
30. Shalmelo(Bran Stark) Dead Day 3

Reserves:
1. LoserForHireX
2. Heffling
3. The_Reflection
4. mEEksa
5. The Anonymous
6. The Lawinator

Kusuguttai(Inactive)

Roles and Powers (Rather disorganized - I made most up on the spot)
1 Cersei - Seer
2 Jaime - Vig
3 Tyrion - Vote counts x3
4 Joffrey
5 Daenerys
6 Bronn - Guard, Survivor
You are a usurper!

You want the crown, and the throne, and all that good stuff, and you're not willing to play nice to get it. As a group, you may choose one player to kill each night. In addition, most of you have individual talents:

Thetheroo - Daenerys Stormborn (Okay, you don't have a special power)
thorgot - Bronn the Sellsword - You're the usurper's guard. You may block all kills on a single target each night EXCEPT the vote. PM me your targets
stever777 - Tyrion Lannister - Your silver tongue (and silver purse) garner you extra influence when it counts. In this case, it's during the vote, where your vote counts 3 times the normal amount
Alt_Raven - Cersei Lannister - You're quite clever, though some might say TOO clever. Each night, you may PM a name of whomever's special abilities you would like to see.
Spoint - Jaime Lannister - You're an accomplished swordsman, and unscrupulous in your targets. Each night, PM the name of whomever you wish to kill (separate from the group kill)
Extermatott - Joffrey Baratheon - Sorry, you don't have a special ability either.

7 Eddard - Vote counts x3
You are Lord Eddard Stark!

Leader of House Stark and Lord of Winterfell, you live devoutly at the service of King Robert, and wish nothing more than his continued good health and fair reign. As one of the king's close friends, you are very influential, and thus your vote counts 3 times the normal amount.

Every night, you may Vote for the person that you think must be executed in order to keep the general peace!

Your win condition: Eliminate the usurpers.

8 Catelyn
You are Catelyn Stark!

You are Lord Eddard's loyal wife, always supportive of his decisions and his cause. You want nothing more than peace in the realm and for your family's good health.

Every night, you may Vote for the person that you think must be executed in order to keep the general peace!

9 Robb - seer
You are Robb Stark!

The oldest Stark son, you are heir to Winterfell. Your father has raised you well, and taught you the important aspects of being a good leader. With the faithful Grey Wind at your side, you gain increased perception, and you may PM a target every night whose identity you wish to know.

10 Jon
You are Jon Stark!

Though you are Eddard's bastard son, you still care deeply for the Starks, and wish for nothing but happiness for the family and peace across the realm.

11 Sansa
You are Sansa Stark!

You want nothing more than to end the violence in the land and find your prince, so you can live happily ever after.

12 Arya
You are Arya Stark!

Unlike your sister Sansa, you don't quite share the same ladylike views or qualities. You're quite the budding combatant, and Hard To Kill, and may avoid a single assassination attempt. You will be notified of the attempt, and will not need to submit any action. But sometimes just knowing is enough, right?

13 Bran
You are Bran Stark!

You are loyal to your family, and wish for continued peace throughout the realm. Unfortunately, as a young crippled boy, there's not much you can do besides join the others whose feelings are the same as yours.

14 Hodor
You are Hodor!

A simpleminded stable boy loyal to Winterfell. And uh...what else is there to say?

15 Maester Luwin - Vote counts x2
You are Maester Luwin!

Loyal to House Stark and Winterfell, you lend your wise counsel, healing, and teachings. You're a very influential fellow, and thus others tend to pay more heed to your voice. Your vote counts for twice as much as normal.

16 Benjen Stark - vig
You are Benjen Stark!

The First Ranger of The Night's Watch, you've accomplished much. You are fiercely loyal to the Watch, though you do not forget your family in Winterfell. Normally you would not involve yourself in political matters, but you wish for peace in the hopes that a unified realm will stand together against the threat beyond The Wall.

Every night, you may PM a target that you wish to kill.

17 Jory Cassel - guard
You are Jory Cassel, Captain of the Guard!

Loyal to the Stark family and their cause, you want peace throughout the realm, and a long, quiet life in Winterfell.

Unique to your dedication and prowess, every night you may PM a target to me that you would like to GUARD. This person will be blocked from all harm and abilities, save the vote. You may even guard yourself.

18 Ser Rodrik Cassel
You are Ser Rodrik Cassel!

You are loyal to the Starks and to Winterfell as the master-at-arms. You wish for peace to return to the troubled realm- the sooner, the better.

19 Jon Umber
You are "Greatjon" Umber!

You are loyal to the Stark family and to Winterfell, and do whatever you are commanded. You don't mind the combat, but you hope for peace across the realm.

20 Lady Lysa Arryn
You are Lysa Arryn!

You are the wife of the King's Hand, and serve the greater good of the realm. You care only for peace, and for the good health of your son, Robert.

21 Lord Robert Arryn - Vote counts x2
You are Robert Arryn!

You are the heir to the Vale and the last of the Arryn line. You live with your mother, afraid of the world around, allowing her to act in your name. There are perks to being the "man" of the house, though: your mother cares about nothing but you, and just about anything you want is yours. Accordingly, your vote counts 2 times the normal amount.

22 Ser Brynden Tully
You are Ser Brynden Tully!

Known as the Blackfish, you are brother to Ser Edmure and son to Lord Hoster. You want peace restored to the realm, and are willing to battle anyone who might disturb it.

Your win condition: Eliminate the usurpers

23 Ser Edmure Tully
You are Ser Edmure Tully!

You are the heir to Riverrun, brother of Catelyn Stark, and serve the greater good of the realm. You wish for peace across the land, and for the health of your family.

24 Lord Commander Jeor Mormont
You are Lord Commander Jeor Mormont!

Oft referred to as "The Old Bear", you command The Night's Watch. You don't involve yourself in the affairs of the realm, but you figure that the sooner the realm is back in order, the sooner you'll receive aid from the cities in defense of The Wall.

25 Samwell Tarly
You are Samwell Tarly!

You're not much of a fighter...or one to speak confidently to authority...or one to do much at all...but you are rather bright! You wish for continued peace across the realm. I mean, let's face it - more fighting is never a good thing.

26 Theon Greyjoy - Survivor
You are Theon Greyjoy!

You are Lord Eddard Stark's ward and heir to the Iron Islands. You've been raised as if you were one of the Stark boys yourself, but they are not truly your family. You are a Greyjoy above all else. BUT you have many of the same objectives they do, and thus consider yourself almost one of them, though you can persevere even if they don't.

Your win condition: Outlive the usurpers

27 Maester Colemon
You are Maester Coleman!

Loyal to the northmen, you are the Maester of House Arryn and caretaker of Lord Robert. Though safely tucked away in the Vale, you wish to see life go back to the peace and quiet.

28 Jaqen H’ghar - Serial Killer
You are Jaqen H'ghar!

You care not about who sits the throne, nor most matters of the like. You serve gold, and you earn it by trading death. You have a penchant for ending lives and disappearing completely.

Every night, you may PM a target you wish to murder.

Your win condition: Outlive the usurpers.

29 King Robert Baratheon - Royal Decree: Vote counts x4
You are King Robert Baratheon!

You've got wine, you've got women, you've got friends. Life is grand. Unfortunately, you have an obnoxious harpy of a Queen, and there are many others who want your crown. You have friends, of course, but you'll find that your enemies are of significant strength themselves. Fortunately you have the power of The Royal Decree: your vote counts for 4 times the normal amount!

30 Patchface - Village Idiot
You are [COLOR="Pink]Patchface[/COLOR]

You are the fool of Dragonstone, loved only by a little girl, with scarcely the brains to comprehend your situation. You've cheated death before, but find that life as a fool is not a life you desire to pursue.

Your win condition? Get eliminated by the vote! If the game ends before you are voted off, you lose. If you get killed by any means other than the vote, you lose.
You may not request votes publicly or privately.

Master Spreadsheet Link

godmode on

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Valar Dohaeris

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Winter is something?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I keep telling you people, I'm not friends with Sansa Stark!

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh god damn it !sign up

M.D. on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Why not?

Thetheroo on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Another game based on fantasy books I've heard are good but I haven't read?

Spoilers Ho!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited May 2011
    Also, roo, as of now I'm 200 pages into Eye Of The World... thanks to your game. Good Job.

kuhlmeye on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Signing up so hard

Phyphor on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Signing up in this motherfucker

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Sign up

Exam time is the perfect time to be doing this

101 on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

For once, all the random senseless murders will feel as though they fit in the plot!

@Kuhlmeye - this series is so much better than the Wheel of Time.

Darian on
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Let's see how fun this is.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2011
    Darian wrote: »

For once, all the random senseless murders will feel as though they fit in the plot!

@Kuhlmeye - this series is so much better than the Wheel of Time.

Possibly, but I have easier access to Wheel of Time. So... I'm starting there.

kuhlmeye on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SimBen wrote: »
    Let's see how fun this is.

If I had my way

Super.

Also going to be running a larger game with all the mechanics and characters I won't be able to fit in this mini, but that's a while off, methinks.

godmode on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am so in on this

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hodor

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Valar Dohaeris

Valar Morghulis

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Valar Dohaeris

Valar Morghulis

Not this one.

godmode on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fuck yeah I loved this movie.

29nh0na.png

!Larn

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Sign up

Do we get to be on HBO?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    edited May 2011
    stever777 wrote: »
    !Sign up

Do we get to be on HBO?

I won't be the one to rob you of your dreams.

godmode on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Who does have dire wolves to protect when they are sleeping already?

[Edit]: oops. I meant Sign up

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011

Kusuguttai on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Signup, Ours is the Fury!

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Turkson wrote: »

Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken.
    Unballed.
    Valar Dohaeris

Valar Morghulis

I figured the second one there would be a little pessimistic for signing up with.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited May 2011
    so when is dis gonna start?

Kusuguttai on
    edited May 2011
    Day 1 will likely be Sunday, unless I get 30 people before about 8 or 9 tonight, in which case we can start at 10PM.

godmode on
    edited May 2011
    haha, that would mean i'd be at work durin' the beginnin'

Kusuguttai on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !sign up

High as honor.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    day 1 is coming

Alegis on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It will be killing time soon

Phyphor on
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ooooh, will whoever gets the Imp role be required to post witty/snide commentary?

immortal squish on
    <3
    edited May 2011

Clarification Denied.

godmode on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

oldmanken on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

and the server is too busy...