As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well I don't have great Charisma-based skills, but how bad/dangerous an idea would it be to attempt some Stealth here?

Turanos on
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Well I don't have great Charisma-based skills, but how bad/dangerous an idea would it be to attempt some Stealth here?

I think the only way into the building is through the front door, so while you could Stealth outside (since you have cover), as soon as you walked in you'd lose cover, and therefore you'd lose your Stealth.

Not sure how he would react if you tried and didn't beat his Perception. He might just see you standing there being skulky, or he might take offense and have it count as a failure. Couldn't hurt to try it though, so that you're stealth'd up and ready to beat this guy down in a few seconds.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All I can do is growl and look menacing. If we are going to try and jump the guy though then Dorn is our man (half-orc) the last few combat instances he's been dealing rediculous damage and could probably snap the soldier's neck before he knows what hit him. I think continuing bluffing is the way to go though.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey Squishy, you have the higher Diplomacy check, so why don't you try and smooth over our last success, and I can try and Aid you if it looks like it's low.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good thing you took the main roll, Squishy...I rolled a 2. Still enough for an Aid Another, but just barely...

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh I am gonna fuck that guy up as soon as he puts down that baby. New magic lightning axe is at the ready!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Been a bit quiet here in this thread.

BP?
    Turanos?

You guys still here?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was waiting for the diplomacy to resolve as my -1 wouldn't help much. :) For the surprise round, gonna wait and let the people inside position before Summer tries to squeeze in.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Remember, he can't even take opportunity attacks during a surprise round so all you melee guys too far away to attack can surround him for free.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    I was waiting for the diplomacy to resolve as my -1 wouldn't help much. :) For the surprise round, gonna wait and let the people inside position before Summer tries to squeeze in.

So you're definitely planning to move for your surprise action? Because I would love to be standing in the spot that you're in right now :) So as long as you're using your action to move, I can go ahead and post my action to move into your space.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, Summer is melee based, so she needs to get stuck in.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm paying attention, Dorn's just not doing anything because a Stealth roll at this point would be silly and his Charisma scores are attrocious.

Turanos on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hmm invisible castle aint loading for me. Oh well, just gonna have to rely on Orokos to kill this jerk!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey Witch, you can only take a single action in a surprise round, so you can either move, grab your axe, or grab your shield.

Although I would think that Traorin would have had his axe/shield already out when we went into the building, given that a wyvern crashed into it, so perhaps you just need to move and you're set to throw down?

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Couldn't he also charge?

Since Flaganus can't take OAs on an enemy, Traorin could charge and strike Flag from the side.

Right?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    When you charge you charge to the closest square from which you can attack but also have to move at least 2 squares, so no, he can't charge from where he is as he's only 1 square away.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Edited my post to reflect that Traorin already had his weapons at the ready going into a possibly hostile situation, my bad guys. Still working with a bit of a learning curve here, this being my first experience with D&D and such.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Bp messaged me that he was feeling pretty ill the last several days. I'm guessing that Swain would move to E5 to setup the flank with Dorn, so if you want to go with that TiamatZ and just roll his initiative, then we can start round 1?

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Very well then.

In other news: Got a lot of RL stuff to tend to, so expect the update sometime on Friday.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oops, didnt realize Summer was down 8 HP. Hopefully he doesn't pick on her. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good god, 25 damage and stunned to boot!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I take it you'll want to post something IC Witch (since your stunned and all)? Or would you rather let Ill and Squishy continue (since your stunned and all)?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey Squishy, once the top of the round pops up, you go ahead and go before me, that you way you get access to the -3 to all of Flaganus's defenses before the effect ends at the end of my turn.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    I take it you'll want to post something IC Witch (since your stunned and all)? Or would you rather let Ill and Squishy continue (since your stunned and all)?

Ha, yah I'll theatrically gasp and such as I climb to my feet!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I believe we're still waiting for Squishy and Ill to continue, right?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Appears that way.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yup, I'm just waiting for Squish to go, since when I go the effect that makes him -3 to all his defenses will end

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My bad. Saw the last On-Deck was red and didn't read it properly assuming it was the bad guys. I was waiting on you. I'll go right now.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I rolled Flaganus's attack of opportunity for him as I assumed he wanted to take it as he wasn't marked (Not that it did him any good). I used his last turn MBA attack roll. You can correct it if I made any mistakes.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    How did he get back up to 199 hp? Also, can a dying person be healed or do they have to be stabilized first?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Whoops, forgot to decrease his health. Fixing this right now.

Edit: Fixed.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    How did he get back up to 199 hp? Also, can a dying person be healed or do they have to be stabilized first?

You can just heal him, no stabilizing needed. Whatever healing you do, it'll start him at 0hp and then move him up from there.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Illianthar wrote: »

You can just heal him, no stabilizing needed. Whatever healing you do, it'll start him at 0hp and then move him up from there.

So I don't need to roll a dying save if someone else heals me first? Will rolling one to get me concious again in some way interfere with any healing done on me?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dont waste your turn, I'll write up a turn soon with a heal for you. Or you can write your turn assuming it. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'll let you handle it, all these final papers at university are sapping my will to type anyway.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    K, heals are in, get back in the fight! :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nice! Unless I miscalculated you just took him from 0 to full in one turn.

Edit: Not to mention all the other HP you've just thrown out.

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Awesome, I'll throw down on the Ragasian scum later tonight. Strawberry festival is in town so RL corndogs and beer take precedent.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I want to make a strength check here (as I am still grabbed by Flaganus according to the rules compendium until the start of his next turn) to push him toward Dorn and Summer, maybe making him trip up a bit in the process. I'm not sure as to whether it counts as breaking free, but I'll post the strength check here and take care of the IC stuff in the IC thread.
    Strength v.s. FLaganus' Reflex: 1d20+3=18 (SUCCESS), I'd like to swing him on over to F3.

Is what I'm attempting Kosher Tiamat?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't think it's possible to move a grabbing target ALL the way there (it's at least 2 squares away from you).

I'll still allow you to use it to escape a grab, or to slide the target one square (provided it's still adjacent to you).

Other than pushing him to F3, I got no other problems with using your Strength roll (remember that escaping a grab counts as a move action, and you can shift one square away in the process)

TiamatZ on