As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEλM] - Cthulhu Saves the World is Coming to Steam

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    Yeah I'm basically thinking just graphic mods for now.

That said...is there a generally regarded "best" one to look for, or

I'm guessing all you would like to know is contained within the epic OP --> STALKER thread

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ahh.

*snag*

Much obliged.

Edit: That was meant for the link provided by fading.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Got Stalker but won't be able to play it for some time yet, on a laptop and doubt it would run that well sadly enough. Bet shall have much fun with ti.

Going to grab that mod too so thanks for that!

Cade on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I'm downloading Complete 2009 right now. Can't wait to fire this bitch up. And for five dollars, I'm not sure it matters how good it is. :P

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Weird, Avast! is reporting a Trojan on Fate of the World's .exe (suffixed by "|>[Emul:Mem]", apparently), even right after I verify the game's cache in Steam and redownload it. Like, immediately after. Three times now. Anyone else with Avast! and FotW getting this?

I reported a false positive but I guess I'm not playing FotW any time soon.

Also, running scans.

Edit: Steam forumites reporting same issue. I did chuckle at the comment that says "republican trojan attacking liberal game?"

Jazz on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Am I the only one that's been having problems lately with games not downloading completely?

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i can't tell if the witcher hate is serious or not :P

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Fuck the Witcher.
    I am being completely serious.
    This is not sarcasm.
    Really, fuck the Witcher.
    My dig at Deus Ex was all in fun, though.
    But not the part about the Witcher.
    I really don't like the Witcher.
    I, however, do quite like nested spoiler tags.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Am I the only one that's been having problems lately with games not downloading completely?

Having the same issue.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Avast is terrible antivirus anyway.

MSE ftfw.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Avast is terrible antivirus anyway.

MSE ftfw.

MSE ftw, but I personally put Avast in second place behind MSE.

Unfortunately, there's no market share in runner-up.

ColorlessGreen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Last time I tried MSE it kept making my laptop freeze. (Vista 32-bit.)

But then, I've had shitty luck with MS software on MS operating systems for years, all the way back to being able to crash Windows 3.1 on demand via Word 2.0. (Yes, I'm old.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Fuck the Witcher.
    I am being completely serious.
    This is not sarcasm.
    Really, fuck the Witcher.
    My dig at Deus Ex was all in fun, though.
    But not the part about the Witcher.
    I really don't like the Witcher.
    I, however, do quite like nested spoiler tags.

The best part for me was a funny graphical glitch where everyones head was invisible except for their eyeballs and teeth flapping away in midair.

Trouble is I fucked off across the world for a year within a week of buying it and haven't picked it up again since. May have to at some point just to justify the cost of buying it no matter how terribad it is.

Casual on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jazz wrote: »

If I had to guess, it's the "Vista" part of the phrase that's your problem, rather than the "MSE" part.
    By the way, the Witcher sucks.

ColorlessGreen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jazz wrote: »

If I had to guess, it's the "Vista" part of the phrase that's your problem, rather than the "MSE" part.
    By the way, the Witcher sucks.

Probably.
    And yes. Did not enjoy it at all.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Steam thread, i don't know you anymore

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Heh. Avast! just crashed. I think the world is trying to tell me something. Giving MSE another shot.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Steam thread, i don't know you anymore

Too long have we been downtrodden.

Too long have we been ignored.

Rise up, my Witcher-hating brethren (and maybe sister)!

The time has come! No longer will we cower, cold and alone, in the face of the Witcher-loving oppressors.

Unite!

Revolution is at hand.
    No, seriously. Fuck the Witcher.
    I am having so much more fun hating on the Witcher than I did trying to play it. Definitely worth the five bucks

ColorlessGreen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah!
    For serious, fuck how difficult it is to find what to do next in that game.

Casual on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So... got around to finishing Crysis. Was pretty meh, as I think I've said before the suit didn't really add much to the game due to the stupid energy costs of power and speed mode. Characters and plot were cliché and forgettable. Vehicle sections were crap.

And goddamn I just want one game to have a minigun that actually kills stuff better than a normal weapon, sheesh.

Is Warhead a direct sequel to Crysis?

Blurbl on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    So... got around to finishing Crysis. Was pretty meh, as I think I've said before the suit didn't really add much to the game due to the stupid energy costs of power and speed mode. Characters and plot were cliché and forgettable. Vehicle sections were crap.

And goddamn I just want one game to have a minigun that actually kills stuff better than a normal weapon, sheesh.

Warhead is Psycho's story.

LewieP on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LewieP wrote: »

Warhead is Psycho's story.

I got both awhile ago, but barely started on Warhead after finishing Crysis. Mainly because I can wait for the gripping section in Warhead where I stand there being useless while Nomad does everything. :P

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Just Cause 2 has miniguns that fuck shit up harder and faster than anything you can do short of explosive charges.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you guys should at least get together and say what it is about the witcher that made you hate it so :P

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MECHWARRIOR: LIVING LEGENDS

^That's reason enough to get crysis (crysis wars)

goggles on
  • Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you guys should at least get together and say what it is about the witcher that made you hate it so :P

The combat is fiddly and doesn't feel particularly responsive, the acting is terrible, the story is uninteresting. Perhaps all of these improve later, but I refused to play a game for ten hours on the promise that "it'll be great later, honest".

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    • Wibbly controls
    • The stance-based combat - I see what they were trying to do (add some depth) but IMO failed
    • An unpleasant feeling of confusion as to where to go and what to do
    • A general sense of uninvolvement
    • Craptacular performance on a machine that should be able to handle it reasonably well

I'm sure there's more but basically I just try to forget the game. I gave it two or three hours, but if I don't like a game by that point, it's very unlikely my opinion's going to change.

I'll probably give it one more shot when eventually I have a new machine, to mitigate the last point. That, at least, is fixable.

Jazz on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I'm sure its the same standard reasons most people don't like it. Combat, models, combat, voice acting, combat, mindless quests, com.....

Although I haven't beaten the first game (thank you gamer's ADD), I loved the setting enough to play enough to get used to some of the things I initially didn't like.

Decoy on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Just Cause 2 has miniguns that fuck shit up harder and faster than anything you can do short of explosive charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA59ryctYp8

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Buttcleft wrote: »

The best part is when he hefts a minigun out of its mounting and goes "Now you gonna be sorry."

*huge explosions, screams, death, etc*

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

I'm sure its the same standard reasons most people don't like it. Combat, models, combat, voice acting, combat, mindless quests, com.....

Although I haven't beaten the first game (thank you gamer's ADD), I loved the setting enough to play enough to get used to some of the things I initially didn't like.

I hated the combat system. Oh sorry you were using your anti monster stance, you only do 2 damage as your sword bisects the human in front of you.

I don't regret the purchase though even if I never finished it, because they treat their customers well.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    I don't regret the purchase though even if I never finished it, because they treat their customers well.

Valid point, agreed.

Jazz on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Crysis seems really ho-hum if you're scared of the energy restrictions on your suit, but you can do some fucking awesome shit if you switch modes a lot. I started out using all the other modes sparingly but now I spend lots of time in each mode and combo them.

The problem for me was so, so many bugs towards the end of both the original and Warhead (the latter is better as a game, for the record). It's like Crytek was trying to make me hate their game and a lot of the time they did a good job of it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

It's like being forced to read the first draft of a horny 14 year old's Dragonlance erotic fan-fiction after it's been run through a web translator.

EggPuppet on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    goggles wrote: »
    MECHWARRIOR: LIVING LEGENDS

^That's reason enough to get crysis (crysis wars)

is this mod still active and worked on? I played it back when it was first released and it was nice looking, but very unbalanced and not particularly fun. Other than the mechs looking the same it played nothing like traditional mechwarrior.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    EggPuppet wrote: »

It's like being forced to read the first draft of a horny 14 year old's Dragonlance erotic fan-fiction after it's been run through a web translator.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when I went into a cave and saved some girl and her little brother from being kidnapped by bandits / monsters (I don't remember).

Then immediately after slaying the last bad dude in the room, I proceeded to have sex with the girl, right in front of her brother.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dangerbird wrote: »

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when I went into a cave and saved some girl and her little brother from being kidnapped by bandits / monsters (I don't remember).

Then immediately after slaying the last bad dude in the room, I proceeded to have sex with the girl, right in front of her brother.

Sold.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I was willing to forgive most of the other stuff people have picked up on here, but what killed it stone dead for me was the complete lack of direction. You had one line of text in a conversation telling you where to go next and if you missed it or forgot it than tough shit.

All I wanted was an arrow, or a map blip, a sign post, a dotted fucking line, just anything to point me the right way. After a couple of hours of aimless wanderings and being completely unable to progress the story any I just lost the will to continue. The game was too "meh" to be worth the effort.

Casual on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dangerbird wrote: »

It was the fault of the game for not clarifying that scene further: the brother was a ghost that could only be exorcised by mentally scarring it.

TheOtherHorseman on
This discussion has been closed.