As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEλM] - Cthulhu Saves the World is Coming to Steam

1565758596062»

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    EggPuppet wrote: »
    you guys should at least get together and say what it is about the witcher that made you hate it so :P

It's like being forced to read the first draft of a horny 14 year old's Dragonlance erotic fan-fiction after it's been run through a web translator.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when I went into a cave and saved some girl and her little brother from being kidnapped by bandits / monsters (I don't remember).

Then immediately after slaying the last bad dude in the room, I proceeded to have sex with the girl, right in front of her brother.

Sold.

Yeah, that's firmly in the "reasons this game is awesome" column.

I never had a problem knowing where to go next, but I also actually read and listen to what people say.

Sir Carcass on
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you guys should at least get together and say what it is about the witcher that made you hate it so :P

It's like being forced to read the first draft of a horny 14 year old's Dragonlance erotic fan-fiction after it's been run through a web translator.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when I went into a cave and saved some girl and her little brother from being kidnapped by bandits / monsters (I don't remember).

Then immediately after slaying the last bad dude in the room, I proceeded to have sex with the girl, right in front of her brother.

Sold.

I never had a problem knowing where to go next, but I also actually read and listen to what people say.

I do that too, but that doesn't allow very much flexibility. I just tried to play it today after not having played since December and I couldn't because I had no idea where to go anymore. I can pick up a year old saved game of Dragon Age or Arkham Asylum or GTA 4 and know what to do but for the Witcher I have to search through a FAQ to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Does the Steam version of Fallout run well on modern computers, or should I pick it up on GoG? I realize that it's cheaper on GoG, but I'm a Steam whore. Plus I like seeing how much time I spend playing a game.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Sold.

I do that too, but that doesn't allow very much flexibility. I just tried to play it today after not having played since December and I couldn't because I had no idea where to go anymore. I can pick up a year old saved game of Dragon Age or Arkham Asylum or GTA 4 and know what to do but for the Witcher I have to search through a FAQ to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing

I picked it up after not playing for 6 months or so, and refreshed myself by going through the Journal.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm replaying Mirror's Edge. I forgot how much I liked it. I really enjoy when people sell the first person view. They did it well in FEAR too. I've played a lot of games that take place in huge cities but this is one of the few where it FEELS huge. When I'm up high on a roof, I feel like I'm up high on a roof. Very sad for lack of sequel.

Someone needs to make a Matrix mod for the game. You could recreate the Agent chase scenes awesomely.

vamen on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rest assured, my hatred for The Witcher is 100% genuine.

I hate it because the combat sucks. Ass. Ass is what it sucks.

And the story is boring. And the controls are fucking broken at best. And it feels too linear. And because I don't like awful games.
    This is more fun than actually playing it. :D

So I installed and played both STALKER: SoC and Bulletstorm today, and...well...I'm out 5 bucks for a game I don't like. Meh. Bulletstorm however, is awesome. Insanely fun combat, excellent voice acting (Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale <3), and it's got the best graphics I've ever seen in any game ever.

vamen wrote: »
    I'm replaying Mirror's Edge. I forgot how much I liked it. I really enjoy when people sell the first person view. They did it well in FEAR too. I've played a lot of games that take place in huge cities but this is one of the few where it FEELS huge. When I'm up high on a roof, I feel like I'm up high on a roof. Very sad for lack of sequel.

They're making one, aren't they? At least, the last time I read news about it, it was still on the table.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    Rest assured, my hatred for The Witcher is 100% genuine.

I hate it because the combat sucks. Ass. Ass is what it sucks.

And the story is boring. And the controls are fucking broken at best. And it feels too linear. And because I don't like awful games.
    This is more fun than actually playing it. :D

So I installed and played both STALKER: SoC and Bulletstorm today, and...well...I'm out 5 bucks for a game I don't like. Meh. Bulletstorm however, is awesome. Insanely fun combat, excellent voice acting (Oghren and FemShep ftw!), and it's got the best graphics I've ever seen in any game ever.

vamen wrote: »

They're making one, aren't they? At least, the last time I read news about it, it was still on the table.

I think your hatred of the Witcher has made you brain damaged because they're not making a sequel at all and you're starting to be wrong at everything. Especially your wrong opinions. Wrong.
    I don't actually know if they're making one or not

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Witcher is my number one rpg, its great. , characters, world, monsters and the alchemy detail isg fantastic. Took me a while to grey into but now I'm just enjoying the ride. Its the only thing I've been playing for a while now. Must finish before the sequel is released though.

Big Classy on
    edited May 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    I think your hatred of the Witcher has made you brain damaged because they're not making a sequel at all and you're starting to be wrong at everything. Especially your wrong opinions. Wrong.
    I don't actually know if they're making one or not

If you like the Witcher then you like bad things.

There. I said it. I didn't want to, but you made me do it. :3

Also, a G4* article from back in February says they're not making a Mirror's Edge sequel.

Then, an Escapist article from last month says it's a thing that exists.

*It's G4.

I'm more inclined to believe the Escapist interview with an EA employee than a G4 (gag me with awfulness) article that links a Swedish site I've never heard of.

Triple B on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm in jail for embezzling taquitos so someone else will have to assume the burden when it comes time to make a new thread.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm in jail for embezzling taquitos so someone else will have to assume the burden when it comes time to make a new thread.

Criminally delicious.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Only thing that matters is was it worth it?

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Almost a month later, I am finally getting to Portal 2, and so far it is a joy.

That is all. I didn't dig the portal 2 thread up because I am still terrified of spoilers.

HadjiQuest on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I enjoyed the combat in the Witcher

There, I said it

It can't be unsaid now

Maddoc on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ok, here's a followup question: if the witcher 2 fixed all the problems that the witcher 1 had, would you buy it? :0

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    not until it's 14 dollas on a Steam sale, bucko.

Zxerol on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SoulGate wrote: »

It would have been if I had gotten away with the taquitos.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I've never OP'd a thread before, but since you're jailed, I guess i could jump on the grenade. Anything special I need to know?

Decoy on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm more inclined to believe the Escapist interview with an EA employee than a G4 (gag me with awfulness) article that links a Swedish site I've never heard of.

That Escapist quote doesn't sound like they're working on it so much as they'd like to continue it and are musing over ways to do it. Promising, but much more ethereal than actually working on it.

That said, drop everything and make Mirror's Edge 2 goddamnit. You can finish BF3, but that's it.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited May 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »

Yep. I'll buy it if this condition is met, and if it gets absolutely fucking rave reviews. Otherwise, the first one was too awful for me to invest further in the series.

That Escapist quote doesn't sound like they're working on it so much as they'd like to continue it and are musing over ways to do it. Promising, but much more ethereal than actually working on it.

That said, drop everything and make Mirror's Edge 2 goddamnit. You can finish BF3, but that's it.

So true, man. So true. Mirror's Edge transcended its medium. It is the stuff that dreams are made of. I require a sequel. It's not even a matter of "want". It is a goddamn requisite.

Triple B on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

I've never OP'd a thread before, but since you're jailed, I guess i could jump on the grenade. Anything special I need to know?
    Make the titles amusing. Or at least informative

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Yep. I'll buy it if this condition is met, and if it gets absolutely fucking rave reviews. Otherwise, the first one was too awful for me to invest further in the series.
    The Witcher.. awful?

frankgrimes.gif

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I'm curious as to where the fact that the first Witcher got rave reviews fits into your plan :P

Maddoc on
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »

Make the titles amusing. Or at least informative

Fair enough. I'll do my best.

Decoy on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »

I'm curious as to where the fact that the first Witcher got rave reviews fits into your plan :P

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/950892-the-witcher-enhanced-edition/index.html

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited May 2011
    Maker save us. I made a new thread. I'll try and carry the torch with class and integrity.

Decoy on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All this hate for Crysis, The Witcher and now STALKER SoC?

I just don't know who you guys are anymore, do I?

Drake on
This discussion has been closed.