As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel's Street Heroes - Constant Gang Warfare, Itty Bitty Island.

13»

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He isn't tip going through the daisies or anything, but the run is going to be more fun than the depressathon that Daredevil has been for the past 20 years.

Plus every other hero has your reaction and thinks Matt has lost it.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I dunno if i want to even give it a try to be honest. i was never into daredevil until a little before the time he met milia, and i was enjoying him as a shit-upon dark hero. did they say if they are keeping it a max title?

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited May 2011
    It

it hasn't been a MAX title

ever

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, DD was never part of the MAX line. He was Marvel Knights, which was more of a teen rated book, and then they dropped the MK and returned it to just being part of the regular Marvel line.

And I really liked the Brubaker stuff. Sure it was hells of dark, but it also had the best character development. The things Bru did with Dakota North, Foggy, Carlos, and the other minor role characters was brilliant.

And then Andy Diggle went and fucked it all up.

Lucascraft on
    edited May 2011
    While Brubaker's run was really good, particuarly the Devil in Cell Block D, Bendis' Daredevil is astoundingly good

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I found Brubaker's run as a whole pretty bad. The Mister Fear stuff was just awful, and the book was going out of it's way to be depressing, sense be damned.

I was disappointed, because Devil in Cell Block D was fantastic.

MastaP on
    edited May 2011
    Devil in Cell Block D wins bonus points for having the coolest fucking name ever

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah it is a great name

Brubaker's Daredevil was great, so was Bendis' before him but Diggle's was poop, is my basic guideline.

Solar on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, did it strike anyone else as a bit anti-climactic that Herc's new costume is just sort of handed to him by three strangers? Seems like the kind of thing you'd want to devote at least a few pages to.

On the other hand, he fights a minotaur and a host of other modern monsters, which I'm in favor of.

Munch on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heroes For Hire is really picking up.

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    Daken: Dark Wolverine being taken over by Rob Williams, moving to LA in an attempt to become Kingpin of Crime there.

I was worried that he was going to ignore Bendis' worldbuilding of LA in Moon Knight, but it sounds like he is aware of Bendis' plans and confirms that there will be a Daken/Moon Knight two-parter.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Looks like I will be buying Daken then.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2011
    I'll buy the Daken issue that crosses over but I probably won't pick up Daken. I am starting to get wary of Williams. He isn't a bad writer but he suddenly has like half a dozen books and there is no way they can all be good.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    edited May 2011
    Wordless preview from Moon Knight 2 shows how the whole "Avenger personalities" thing will look
    1305908573.jpg
    1305908575.jpg
    So

either Marc is imagining himself as Spider-Man and we are seeing his mental image or he straight up made a Spider-Man suit and is wearing it

either way he is fucking crazy

it's also a pretty neat visual for Maleev to play with

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png