As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure Swain, Cait, probably Urgot and a couple others beat Rumble handily in a solo lane

and post lvl 6 Vlad is quite impossible to lane against as Rumble

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    her ultimate is just

dumb

160 MS + a steroid + stealth

like no one can escape you with your ult up, and because of the way your tumble works it is more like 1.75 times 35/55/75 as bonus damage.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gonna pretend people are still talking about Jax builds

Dorans Ring -> Ninja Tabi -> Revolver -> Rageblade -> Gunblade -> Sheen -> Rylai's -> Lichbane -> Deathcap

Dodge, Magic Pen, Flat AP, Flat Health (dodge quints probably make the most sense I just don't have any)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm getting back into this game.

And I just realized that there are a shitton of new characters. I'm mostly playing Garen and Maokai with a little Caitlyn on the side. I think I have Garen down okay, but anyone have any tips for the other two? Cait especially, can't seem to figure her out.

Caitlyn is best at sidelaning. Her traps are great, and her passive is buffed while standing in brush.

Skill R>Q>E>W and harass melee champions from the brush as much as possible with auto attacks. If they go in, position yourself so they hit a trap, and keep shooting them as you make your way to safety. Armor Pen runes are great for her, as are Mana/5, so she can keep spamming her Q.

Her R is never to be used in the middle of a fight. It requires you to stand still, and doesn't provide a boost to DPS. Use it to finish off runners.

I don't really like any of the damage items that cost less than 476 gold, so I always start with a faerie charm and 6 health potions, then build boots and a Philo Stone as soon as I can. If you're not having any problems staying in lane, then just go for boots and a BF Sword first.

My first item is pretty much always a Bloodthirster, second is pretty much always a Black Cleaver. After that, I want a Stark's Fervor, and finally an Infinity Edge. You'll be fragile for the entirety of the game, so your positioning has to be impeccable. Always stay on the edges of a fight and shoot whatever target presents itself, unless your tanks are amazing and have kept everyone on their team locked down.

She's incredibly straight forward from mid to late game, but her laning phase is so much fun. Kite jerks through the bushes, and snipe them when they try to get away.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    facetious wrote: »
    So we can all agree Vayne is op as shit, right?

she's OP, but she's still no Nocturne at release or Rumble.

Unlike the other two, the greatest strength of Rumble is that you can put a piece of driftwood in front of a computer and he'll still go 4/0/2 in bottom lane. Whenever I have one on my team our chance to win increases by 20%.

zerg rush on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cad38463-4713-424b-82f6-72adf85a4eb5.jpg

Rent on
    edited May 2011
    Priest wrote: »

It's tough. I typically only use overpowered in the case where someone's numbers are tuned too high. Vayne's numbers are alright IMO. Her kit though. It's just so diverse.

the thing is

jarvan's numbers were "alright" (a bit high on the base damage on some of his abilities, i guess)

the reason he was op tho was was his utility was just insane in a teamfight, not to mention how powerful his passive was

also I've had no problems against Cait as rumble. Swain might be an issue, urgot too, but cait hasn't been a problem

Rent on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my current Cait build

Doran's Blade > Boots 1 > Vampiric Scepter > Berserker's Greaves > Infinity Edge > Cloak & Dagger

also Rent you shouldn't be able to ever to catch up on a good Cait as Rumble

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    also Rent you shouldn't be able to ever to catch up on a good Cait as Rumble

Agreed. That's why Cait is one of the few champs that consistently beats 1v1 lane Shen. You simply cannot catch her and keep damage on her by yourself.

programjunkie on
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I guess I just play against a lot of terrible Rumbles. They only bug me before level 6. They play all aggressive (because they can), and try to dominate the lane. (Especially levels 1 and 2.. he's like a god.) Most people behind the computer screen just don't have the cajones though if you and your lanemate start pushing back at him.

Then again, I'm only lvl 23.

Priest on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    garen seems to be in a good place now. I'm doing pretty well with him. hexdrinker is so clutch on him

Casual Eddy on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i think vayne's ult could give less movespeed but everything else about her seems about right
    condemn could also backload the damage instead of being 50% for using it and 50% for hitting a wall

unintentional on
    edited May 2011
    Priest wrote: »
    Most people behind the computer screen just don't have the cajones though if you and your lanemate start pushing back at him.

this is reason one why you're unimpressed with rumbles

while rumble isnt a bad duo at all, where rumble shines is in top solo. like, he's an absolute motherfucker to lane against top
    Then again, I'm only lvl 23.

this is reason two

Rent on
    edited May 2011
    I prefer to give the solo lane to one of the carries and crush the duo lane as Rumble

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I prefer to give the solo lane to one of the carries and crush the duo lane as Rumble

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The only reason Vayne isn't making me rage insanely hard is because Teemo shits all over her and it makes me giggle.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited May 2011

the thing is...when you average like 8/2/number greater than 10 as rumble in EVERY GAME YOU PLAY you...ARE a carry

Rent on
    edited May 2011
    The only reason Vayne isn't making me rage insanely hard is because Teemo shits all over her and it makes me giggle.

This conjured the image of Teemo leaving little piles of exploding poo on the map instead of mushrooms.

Priest on
    edited May 2011
    lies, prove it :D

even I'm not even at a 3:1 k/d ratio in ranked

Alfred J. Kwak on
    edited May 2011

only played two ranked games as rumble but:

rumbleisop.png

Rent on
    edited May 2011
    Rent wrote: »

only played two ranked games as rumble but:

IMG

well also not a 3:1 ratio yet!

for reference tesBB.png

I usually go 8/1 or so early game and then I get killed a couple times because I'm also kinda the tank

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Vayne just went 25-3 in my game on my team. She hops around and insta-kills someone then hops out.

So ridiculous.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Deswa wrote: »
    I've always been a fan of going AD, I prefer a bit more lifesteal too. Its been a while since I've played, but Jax has been a favorite, especially since he was free from PAX.

My basic build is:

Vampiric Scepter -> Wriggles Lantern, depending on money flow.
    Boots -> Ninja Tabi
    Madred's Razor -> Madred's Bloodrazor, really depends on money flow on when I get it.
    Guinsoo's Rageblade
    Then depending on how clumped the battles are, either Tiamat or Last Whisper.
    you all are doing it wrong.

get rageblade FIRST, then get cutless into gunblade, then from there it's basically anything.

you need to get those 2 items though.

rageblade first isn't very good

gunblade first for the slow and extra nuke is muy bien

SuMa.Lustre on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rent wrote: »

the thing is...when you average like 8/2/number greater than 10 as rumble in EVERY GAME YOU PLAY you...ARE a carry

I dunno, I just find him much stronger in group scenarios as opposed to a solo lane when shit goes down

unless you are already ahead in which case there shouldn't be much problem in solo situations

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I actually think Vayne is fine, she's just very good in the tanky DPS meta

I hope she isn't nerfed so we can actually see player-driven changes in the meta

compared to most other ranged carries, Vayne is slightly weaker against squishies, a lot stronger against tanky DPS, and about even against AP (get blown the fk up). Her farming is worse than most of them, but she snowballs harder than than most of them. Definitely will be interesting to see how she changes the game, if Riot doesn't give in to all the QQ and nerf her.

SuMa.Lustre on
    edited May 2011
    Her attack range is smaller than annie's burn down the whole world

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rumble is absolutely an AP carry. He scales well with AP and puts out a ton of damage in a teamfight. The champion spotlight made him sound kind of like Cho ("tanky caster"), but I'd say he's closer to Vlad - good laning and great sustained damage while being difficult to focus.

His laning isn't unstoppable - he's very vulnerable to ganks (the roaming Eve meta just crushes him) and characters with good range/kiting can mess him up if played well. Still, I could definitely see him getting some nerfs.

Edit: The only super-OP thing about Vayne is her perma-stealth in teamfights. Fuck that.

Squidget0 on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Squidget0 wrote: »
    Rumble is absolutely an AP carry. He scales well with AP and puts out a ton of damage in a teamfight. The champion spotlight made him sound kind of like Cho ("tanky caster"), but I'd say he's closer to Vlad - good laning and great sustained damage while being difficult to focus.

His laning isn't unstoppable - he's very vulnerable to ganks (the roaming Eve meta just crushes him) and characters with good range/kiting can mess him up if played well. Still, I could definitely see him getting some nerfs.

Edit: The only super-OP thing about Vayne is her perma-stealth in teamfights. Fuck that.

This, last rumble I was with just kept pushing and a roaming allistair and vlad from mid would come down and kill us. We started off real well with a near fb on sona, but then they just sat under their towers and we would get 4 on 2d. I probably should've said something, but I had a really hard time because I couldn't last hit because of how far we were pushed and shen's taunt, and I couldn't get any kills because they just sat under their tower and I only have so many flashes. Got a super-satisfying team work kill though after I thought I could kill sona with a q+w then flash, but I think she healed just as I was doing it and it didn't do the job so rumble finished with his ult.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I actually think Vayne is fine, she's just very good in the tanky DPS meta

I hope she isn't nerfed so we can actually see player-driven changes in the meta

compared to most other ranged carries, Vayne is slightly weaker against squishies, a lot stronger against tanky DPS, and about even against AP (get blown the fk up). Her farming is worse than most of them, but she snowballs harder than than most of them. Definitely will be interesting to see how she changes the game, if Riot doesn't give in to all the QQ and nerf her.

Definitely this. If it weren't for the fact that there were 3 tanky DPS in every game, Vayne would be a sub-par champion. She's niche. I'd much prefer Tristana / Corki / Ashe against a 'classical' tank+offtank+support+range AD+AP team

zerg rush on
    edited May 2011
    So, GBob is Jax right now, 1/8/1, and his team has 24 deaths. What's up with that?

I guess I'm just confused A: Why he picked Jax. B. Why Cass is complaining about Shaco, when said Jax now has 9 Deaths.

Edit: Thought he was in a ranked game. He wasn't. Never mind. He can do fuckall he wants in Solo Queue, thought he was dicking over his Ranked team by playing Jax "for the first time in weeks" (according to his words)

Priest on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    why would cass not complain about shaco?

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    why would cass not complain about shaco?

Not that the Shaco isn't necessarily bad, but it's like complaining about your foot hurting when your right hand is actively stabbing you in the chest. I mean, Bob fed them almost 1/2 of their kills before the 25th minute, and 1/3rd still in the 42nd

Edit: Also, is Tarics CS supposed to be that low?

Priest on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    IF I were her, I'd be complaining about everything.

This Jax is a feed

I keep dying to Shaco.

The camera angle is too acute.

I'm stabbing myself in the chest for no reason.

My foot hurts.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • RaveRave Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I was really excited this week for a bunch of champions that I have been looking at. All that has gone out the window with my first game of Maokai. I LOVE this champ, I haven't played another champ since my first game with him. I will be purchasing him straight away once free week is up. However, I am having trouble maximizing him. How are others building him and what are his optimal Runes?

Rave on
  • IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lots of people here build Maokai with three dorans rings or some nonsense like that, so there's that you could try. I prefer just starting with a dorans and building a philostone or two, merc treads, ROA, and then either more tanky or more damage-y depending on what you need

IncognitoEsq on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Real men go 3 doran's to deathcap

only tree is deeps tree

sorc bootz 4 lyfe

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Number 1 rule when playing with pubs: blame someone else for fails. Doesn't matter if that person is failing or not, just as long as its not you!

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Number 1 rule when playing with pubs: blame someone else for fails. Doesn't matter if that person is failing or not, just as long as its not you!

works in pre-mades too! i've seen it!

TyrantCow on
    edited May 2011
    always blame the poor stupid son of a bitch who picked a tanky character

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Real men go 3 doran's to deathcap

only tree is deeps tree

sorc bootz 4 lyfe

I think RoA kills on him too. Right after the rings, right before the deathcap.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR