As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSYCH PHALLA] The Chief Stands Alone! Host Victory!

1789101113»

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    Spudge wrote: »
    Who killed Ringo?
    Hint
    Me

I'll just kill all of you except Wildcat

Hi5 future pregame alliance buddy

(I wanted you dead even more)

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jesus Christ.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jesus Christ.

Where??!!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good game & win, T! Interesting twists. Too bad some didn't happen due to important early deaths, but still fun!

stever777 on

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    [strike]Oh hey Zandracon targeted me Day 1. What happened with that?[/strike]

Woops yeah should've read the roles a bit more.

This was fun, if it wasn't for the incredible vig accuracy I think we could've won.

101 on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And if it wasn't for dumb luck early on and a bad villager vote on the last day, we could've won it too!

Good game Terrendos. Thanks for hosting!

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, thanks for hosting. Excellent theme choice, by the way. And thank you for helping me with my Phallachievement checklist:

[strike]Killed by Vote[/strike]
    [strike]Killed by Vigilante[/strike]
    [strike]Killed by Mafia[/strike]
    Survived until the end
    [strike]Killed by Host[/strike]

Just one more to go!

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO CLOSE! WHY? WHY? VERTROUE! YOU WILL EXPECT TO GET SOME DAY 1 VOTES FROM ME FOR THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE!

I thought I did a good job as a vig (wait, killing a mafia every day I had the power is only good?).

I think the mafia were a bit too overpowered numbers wise, 7 mafia was just 1 mafia too much.

Can I get a secondary victory for being a badass?

Extermatott on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO CLOSE! WHY? WHY? VERTROUE! YOU WILL EXPECT TO GET SOME DAY 1 VOTES FROM ME FOR THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE!

I thought I did a good job as a vig (wait, killing a mafia every day I had the power is only good?).

I think the mafia were a bit too overpowered numbers wise, 7 mafia was just 1 mafia too much.

Agreed on all points. But only a bit overpowered, considering we were able to withstand heavy special losses early on and still make it a close game. I guess the flipside of having more mafia is that it makes it easier to land one and start tracking voting patterns.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, 7 mafia and a serial killer is like 30%, a bit much even with aseer and action seer

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I felt justified in that there were backups for both the seer and vig, which under normal circumstances would have been way more effective (read: if the village wouldn't have so effectively targeted its own specials repeatedly). As it is, I don't think there was a single useful seering the entire game (I'm not counting Gus as a Seer, by the way. FecklessRogue managed to get one mafioso on the night I mistakenly killed him). That's the kind of thing that typically gives mafia an easy win.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did you RNG the mafia? Or was it just luck that there didn't seem to be many veterans who were in it

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I used Infidel's dice roller. It was absolute coincidence.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And I'm quite happy for it. Thanks Terrendos for running this game

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

You did well, You should of won the game and I honestly take no victory in my behavior at the end. I really hate lying and don't know the source material well enough to of built a real character role. I attempted to simply say I was the vig before you did. In a game with less named roles I would of stood a real chance at what I attempted. A stalemate is worth it though.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blame spoit he told me to kill myself, and I had no idea between the two of u as I said I think the day before, I got meds for my car accident and they make me loopy and not really pay attention to most things.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    vertroue wrote: »
    Blame spoit he told me to kill myself, and I had no idea between the two of u as I said I think the day before, I got meds for my car accident and they make me loopy and not really pay attention to most things.

Yes blame it on the meds!

but i'm watching you from now on...

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    go for it I got my chance at mafia in the WoT mini...now im not going to be mafia for a longlong time lols.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In the future vetroue, it's poor form to say "I give up" and kill everyone.

As least say, "I give up" flip a coin and let somebody win :P

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    vertroue wrote: »

in general:

when 2 people claim to be the vig and 1 person says 'yo I'm the vig, kill that guy' and the other gives you concrete information such as a role name, powers that would be an odd idea to fake and/or reasoning behind targets.....

you don't get to throw your hands up in the air and say ITS A COIN TOSS.

also, why didn't you just abstain if you wanted a tie?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Let's be fair, she made a good call.

After all, somebody won.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Allowing Host Victory was not part of her win condition! :P

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I HAD NO WIN CONDITION....wait actully I did,....

To that end, Chief Vick has begun opening up her office for people to come in. Every day, you must VOTE for someone to have Chief Vick arrest.

I had no condition that it was village just that somebody needed to get arrested. Therfore by voting myself I got the vig, the last mafia, and the village arrested. My condition was fulfilled.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Alright, Yin/Yang pro boards are open, there is not much there though.

Yeah I wasn't feeling very creative on the note left behind part, should have just put something but with me being voted out, meh.

Really in terms of grudges though you'll have to get in line at this point. :lol:

Sorry about making your first serial killer experience so poor stever777 but you did a good job trying to stay alive there.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    No prob, Void. I was planning on getting away from you ASAP, since I could become a villager and figured I probably would. Of course, Shawn's death made that a bit less likely. I was gonna start by not aligning our kill orders and see how it went from there. I wasn't a very loyal partner...
    Nothing personal unless you play Phallas!

stever777 on

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for running, Terrendos. It's my first complete massacre, I believe!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for running Terrendos, fun game while it lasted. After skimming the mafia boards apparently I really need to learn to network so I dont get killed so fast.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png