As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tekken tag 2- Console version out Sep, includes new characters

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    T-Danger wrote: »
    So Jinpachi and Heihachi are now younger, and Jun Kazama has come back to life.

Namco have just given up trying to make Tekken's story coherent, haven't they?

Also, is Jin not a bad guy anymore? Or at least
    no longer pretending to be one

They seem to be implying there's a story in this one. Whether it connects to Tekken's canon, or that Namco even cares about such a thing at this point...

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, is this the year of the fighters or what?

What's next? BlazBlue 2 announcement?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget the two fighting games Capcom said they'll reveal.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There is no story in a tag game. It's pretty impressive that you just completely ignored that but I'll just have to repeat it again just to be sure.
    There is no story in a tag game.

Speculation over.

Just like tekken tag 1 there will be little interactions and things to spice stuff up, but it's treated as a dream style match where "this is what might happen if x character met y character" rather than "and this will affect the story and is canonical".
    So there will be cutscenes and things but they don't mean anything to the story. They mean as much as that penny arcade comic where wolverine was bitching at magneto.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Old but it's a presentation from harada with match footatge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O9RIQlng-ek

Also Jun hot dayum. My Asuka and jun team is going to be so awesome.

B.jpg

Also true ogre.

7.jpg

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    MerculoreMerculore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can only see one version of Jack in the roster..... If my eyes aren't lying then this game isn't what I want.

I need AT LEAST 4 seperate Jack characters for this to work as a purchase..

True ogres Snake Arm looks pretty slick though.

Merculore on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This game is soo bought.
    Is there going to be a crazy noncannon story mode with small cutscenes?
    or will it wind up being just arcade and multiplayer and end scenes?

I love me some crazy Tekken stories

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Antihippy on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bullet points from a recent interview with Katsuhiro Harada:
    • TTT2′s Character roster is still pegged at 44 (biggest roster yet in Tekken).

• Jun Kazama is mentioned, and once again Harada clarifies that officially Jun was never considered ‘dead’, but ‘missing’.

• Tekken Tag 2′s graphic quality is much better than that of Tekken 6. Improvements include more detail in facial expressions, musculature in character models, shader effects and other extensive treatments (talk about Extreme Makeover!). In terms of polygons used, TTT2 uses 1.5 more than T6 did.

• The version shown in the Taipei Expo is not the latest version (maybe the AOU build) and has some slowdown. The final version will have no slowdown in play.

• The game is about 70-75% complete, but development was delayed due to the recent earthquake.

• Harada reveals that the game may have an Autumn 2011 (October) release for areas outside Japan.

• TTT2′s story is, once again with feeling, non-canon.

• Harada still won’t speak about a console version since the arcade game isn’t out yet, but a home translation is something to look forward to afterwards.

• Progress on SF x Tekken is (to Harada’s estimation) 50%, while Tekken X SF is at 0%(!) since the Tekken devs are concentrating on TTT2.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Intro movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4i6VsCqhc
    That's a mean thing to do, Jun! :x

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Man, whatever shit Lili gets she deserves it.

Still love how much of a douche heihachi looks like.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's a pretty great intro. I never really played any of the Tekken games besides 3 or Tag, but now I kinda want to go back and play all of them. Unfortunately I don't actually have access to any of the platforms they're available on.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did they ever sort out if the wrestler is Julia? Surely the location tests should know if its just a costume for her or what

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think it's pretty confirmed that it's Julia, didn't you see that body check? I believe that's one of her kung-fu moves. At least it looked like that to me. Also her pendant etc.

Lucha Libre is hard to get right, here's hoping Namco does it justice.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It hasn't been confirmed officially, but she has the same moveset as julia, JayCee is J.C. "Julia Chang". Same voice actor for her fighting attacks "hiiiya". And she has ff1 (the elbow). There also isn't a julia in the character select. So it probably hasn't been officially confirmed because it doesn't need to be.
    It's Julia. She's been renamed with a new look. She has a lot of move changes too. Seems to be very different.

There's a location test going on right now in korea.

Here's a youbeytubey. It's 50 minutes long. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcRwvfO49M&feature=player_embedded#at=265

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=121075
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430370

Changes in TTT2 here.

Biggest change I've seen is that side stepping seems to have been buffed from BR. Means pokes have been somewhat weakened.

Wall splats seems to have been nerfed as well.

Graphics seems to have been massively improved as well.
    Visually it was kind of a bummer that the game was still running at 720p but you forget all about that once you notice all the attention put to detail.

The updated character models are neat and it really shows in their intros when you see the facial expressions. But what got me was during the fight when the environment affects your fighter. I.e. water changes the lighting properties of some clothes and fighting on the ground leaves dirt on your body, hair and uniform ("dusty butt" as one of my buddies called it) at one point I saw Armor King breath green mist on an opponent and it left a big green stain on them until they fell back into the water and it disappeared and I almost lost my shit completely.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    gaahhhhhh

Need this game. Jinpachi's playable, right? All I'll need to do is play practice mode, set him as the dummy, and beat the shit out of that cheesy motherfucker and I will have gotten my money's worth.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    For all your TTT2 overdose, this post is for you.

Direct feed stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenCrashS2#p/u

More of those 1 hour videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5hSybXNYo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g5DVTmNGHQ

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You getting this info from tekken zaibatsu?
    Cos if so I wont bother relaying info from there since you seem to have things well in hand.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Both GAF and zaibatsu.

But honestly though I'm going to be really busy with assignments and I might not really update alot.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    These location test videos are just swarming with Jun/Asuka teams.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Not particularly. I've watched about 3 hours worth of matches and I see a lot of devil jins, kaz, lars, marduck and the kings. Saw a baek and hwoarang team several times. These guys are playing their tekken 6 mains.
    A few people play jun every now and then.
    Paul too.
    Oh and a particularly enjoyable Lars, AK guy.

You are just remembering jun/asuka more for whatever reason.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Whoever playing me is going to see alot of Jun/asuka.

Might sub a Drag/jack as well.

God can't wait for this game. Still not too sure how the revised rage system works though.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    One person said you only get rage if you have no netsu. Another said rage is gone and it's just netsu, but netsu seems to last longer.

Netsu is the flashing red outline around the healthbar of the character waiting to be tagged in. It activates after a certain number of hits on your currently fighting character in tag 1.
    For example, Jun would get netsu after Jin got hit 7 times. Numbers are not accurate, they're just an example. Then if you tagged in Jun, she would get increased damage.

the increased damage is huge in ttt2. I saw deathfist do half health even with the increased life bars. I don't know if the conditions for activating it are the same though.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have to say, I don't really like the idea of special gauges for tekken. Did they add this to 6?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Netsu is from ttt1.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    http://kotaku.com/5824156/sneak-peek-at-tekken-tag-tournament-2-comes-to-ps3-early-with-tekken-hybrid

So, upcoming tekken hybrid bundle not only has HD TTT1, but also a demo for TTT2.

This better come out to PAL or goddamn I swear I will choke a bitch. Maybe.

Oh, comes with some CG movie. Looks cool I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9ZLNhEOc0

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The question is....will we get this back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efXstOTVpWs

cause that's the by far the most fire-thy-veins song to beat the shit out of someone.

• Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    I dunno, usually this one gets me pumped.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HftdF1z7sbE&feature=related

There are too many fighting games coming out. I may pick this one up, mainly for the TTT nostalgia. The movie looks okay and I dunno about the prologue. If it's cheap anyway.

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Wait Tekken Tag HD? When did this get announced? It seemed to go completely under my radar. Hh, might have to buy this then. Maybe not this year though, I've already got a crapload of HD Collections I want to buy (Team ICO, GoW Origins, Splinter Cell, Silent Hill, MGS and RE to be exact...). But next year? Sure.

It's not just the arcade version, is it? I dislike that they only ported the arcade version of Tekken 5 to the PS3, when the PSP one was superior, and don't want to get screwed out of Tekken Bowl mode.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Umm, you do know I was kidding about about Jun Tekken 2 theme, right?

It always crack my friends and I up listening to that song while we proceed to beat the shit out of eachother. We always kid around about how the song is just too 'peaceful' to be fighting and how we should be making tea instead.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFkoJlBgUCY

HD Capture of some Tag Throws

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    It ain't quite Dead or Alive, but they're still neat.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Antihippy on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 releases in Europe on 14th September, Namco Bandai has announced.

Pre-order at select shops and you'll get one or more of four additional DLC characters free: Michelle Chang, Angel, Kunimitsu or Ancient Ogre immediately at launch.

In the UK, pre-orders at ShopTo get Michelle Chang and Angel DLC. Pre-orders at Zavvi get Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre.

Meanwhile, Namco unveiled the "We are Tekken" edition of the game, exclusive to GAME. This comes in a metal case and includes: the original soundtrack of the game and an additional music CD with remixes, an art book with more than 200 pages, a behind the scene video with designer Harada and others giving you their best Tokyo tips.

dNyG5eYh3WGxY.jpg

Holy crap.

• Options
    Yo game should be released today. Gonna pick up mine tomorrow.

Is anyone on this forum even interested? :P

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I been playing it. Played all day yesterday, plan on trying to have better luck in online mode today.(Matches took a while to find and connect yesterday at launch) I'm always interested in Tekken, especially if it has Tag in the title

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    Glad to know.

Got to play some on the arcade, but I'm excited to have a chance to practice without getting my ass creamed.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am super excited for it! But I won't be getting it til my buddy has some free days. We have a Tekken tradition, since T4; playing our first round in game vs each other as Steve and Hwoarang. Wouldn't be the same if I got some practice in first. :P

Is anyone except Gon missing from the roster? I honestly can't think of anyone missing.

Oh brilliant