As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where did Alpha Go? (read this)

124»

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Jasconius wrote:
    alpha your callous triple post will bring the forums to its knees!

conservation man, its the key
    When you are the mayor, you can water your lawn every day of the week.

you also get to pee in public

though few excersize the right

much to my dismay

Jasconius on
  • InkoateInkoate Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Alpha,
    Is there somewhere where active discussion of the development of Opinion, other than that main page you linked to? I'd love to read more about it, but I can't seem to find much from the leetsoft page.

Inkoate on
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Inkoate wrote:
    Alpha,
    Is there somewhere where active discussion of the development of Opinion, other than that main page you linked to? I'd love to read more about it, but I can't seem to find much from the leetsoft page.
    Yup, but it isn't public knowledge yet. I'd reccomend checking out the sourcecode from subversion and reading up on it

Älphämönkëy on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    is there a loose date to when we should expect search function (i guess in the form of hte new forums) to be reinstated?

Deusfaux on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Deusfaux wrote:
    is there a loose date to when we should expect search function (i guess in the form of hte new forums) to be reinstated?
    Nope.

Älphämönkëy on
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2006
    Well, I noticed a slight error in that rundown on the last page. This forum could search for three letter words. Trust me.

And I fervently hope the new forum software can also search for three letter words.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    TDL wrote:
    Well, I noticed a slight error in that rundown on the last page. This forum could search for three letter words. Trust me.

And I fervently hope the new forum software can also search for three letter words.
    Yeah, I mixed it up. It's MySQL's full-text search that defaults to a minimum word length of 4 characters. PhpBB allowed searching for three-letter words ever since version 2.0.1.

dmit on
  • GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Jasconius wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    01 April approaches....

hopefully there will not be a repeat of last year
    It wasn't that bad.

It definately wasnt good.
    Oh god, I completely forgot about that.

GiantRobo on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    GiantRobo wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    01 April approaches....

hopefully there will not be a repeat of last year
    It wasn't that bad.

It definately wasnt good.
    Oh god, I completely forgot about that.
    Lets pour salt on the wound!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    What happened April 1 last year?

Man I miss the search function so much. I never knew I used it so often on any forums, let alone the PA ones, until this.

Black Ice on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    the gutters ran red with the blood of postwhores.

I think.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • VicissitudeVicissitude Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Black Ice wrote:
    What happened April 1 last year?

Man I miss the search function so much. I never knew I used it so often on any forums, let alone the PA ones, until this.

The mods went ninja and killed all of us, that's what happened.

Vicissitude on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    The forums had a pallet swap from blue/grey to grey/darker grey with grey text, and mods became ninjas, killing forumers at random, causing their text to fade from grey to lighter grey. The streets ran red from the blood of my eyes bleeding from all the fucking grey! And of course, in true PA fashion, April first here stretched on for about five or six days. It was fucking miserable, and as far as I could tell, the only people having fun were the mods.

Edit: Are is not At.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I blame 150cc for blanket-killing G&T and escalating the killcount epeen wars. Hoo hoo, that was some fun.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • BuchwaldBuchwald Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    i remember that. it was fun.

Buchwald on
    "That theory is just the looniest of a whole bunch of complete nonsense that is spouted by Amanda Winn Lee and her cohorts in the Audio Commentary."
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Now that searching is gone, how about making this year's April Fools involve a scavenger hunt into threads that have fallen into the 20th page or so?

jothki on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    That would be stupid, and it would be over in about 3 minutes.

Jasconius on
  • impsethimpseth Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    So, alpha, wanna try and have my baby?

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Whoa.
    The forums are up?

Alpha, did you slay some dragons on your quest to put the server back up or something? :P

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The forums had a pallet swap from blue/grey to grey/darker grey with grey text, and mods became ninjas, killing forumers at random, causing their text to fade from grey to lighter grey. The streets ran red from the blood of my eyes bleeding from all the fucking grey! And of course, in true PA fashion, April first here stretched on for about five or six days. It was fucking miserable, and as far as I could tell, the only people having fun were the mods.

Honestly the only part that pissed me off is that it broke everyone's bbCode.

Salvation122 on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006

well, the only reason it stretched on was that alpha had some unexpected guests that kept him occupied.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited April 2006
    Are we basically expecting the search function back any day now, with the new hardware already there, if it's all gone to schedule?

I hate to keep pushing questions, I love alpha as much as the next person, just wondering. :)

Black Ice on
  • TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Black Ice wrote:
    Are we basically expecting the search function back any day now, with the new hardware already there, if it's all gone to schedule?

I hate to keep pushing questions, I love alpha as much as the next person, just wondering. :)
    So searching is going to be removed from our phpBB powered forum permanently.
    That's from the first post in this thread. We'll get the search function when we get the new forum, and "any day now" may be a slightly optimistic time frame for that.

In the mean time alpha has been doing(and I expect he will continue to do) a terrific job at keeping this forum alive. You will just have to learn to live without the search function.

Tofenheimer on
    edited April 2006
    I know. :) It's a luxury, not a necessity. Alpha is doing a terrific job of keeping the forums running, and I can't thank him enough. I've e-mailed him about it but I have a feeling he gets so many e-mails about that it's just an annoyance at this point. My question was just to when the new forums/search function was coming, which you just answered, thanks. :)

Black Ice on