As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deleted]

TwixxoTwixxo the LovebotRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in Artist's Corner
[Deleted]

TNBNcdc.gif
Twixxo on

• Options
    Gloria FarmerGloria Farmer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The first one made me laugh.

Gloria Farmer on
    pennyarcadebanner.jpg
  • Options
    TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The first one made me laugh.

It has done its job :D

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Only the first one was somewhat funny... And it's probably because that's a really old joke that's been floating around the internet for a while. : \

The art looks like very minimal effort went into it also.

F87 on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, these aren't bad. Most new comic threads around here are usually balls but yours are not balls. I like what you have going and you should keep making more. Your word bubbles are serviceable but I'm not a big fan of the borders you use for the panels, maybe try somethin else?

The first two are actually pretty funny. The ones with 4 panels are way to long though and they break the H scroll. Also the third one is not funny. Physical violence as a punchline is best to avoid because its probably the most unfunny/overused way to try to get a laugh in webcomics.

That being said, the art is pretty OK! I like your tufu people. It does appear that you have your line width set too thick because the weight of the linework is bogging down the strips. It will also allow you to add more detail to the panels, if you end up wanting to add any details.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey, these aren't bad. Most new comic threads around here are usually balls but yours are not balls. I like what you have going and you should keep making more. Your word bubbles are serviceable but I'm not a big fan of the borders you use for the panels, maybe try somethin else?

The first two are actually pretty funny. The ones with 4 panels are way to long though and they break the H scroll. Also the third one is not funny. Physical violence as a punchline is best to avoid because its probably the most unfunny/overused way to try to get a laugh in webcomics.

That being said, the art is pretty OK! I like your tufu people. It does appear that you have your line width set too thick because the weight of the linework is bogging down the strips. It will also allow you to add more detail to the panels, if you end up wanting to add any details.

Awesome! I will definitely take your thoughts and advice into consideration and experiment with different line lengths and border styles. I find that coming up with decent ideas is difficult :C

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    chipss.jpg

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey Twixxo, my old Minecraft buddy! I have tunnel vision, so there's only two threads I frequent and didn't notice this one. Your jokes need some refinement, but just keep at it, and they'll get lots better.

I like your art style! Definitely keep up with the thinner lines like your latest strip.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    New strip def looks better with the different panel borders and thinner line-weights IMO. Joke wasn't bad either, though I had to re-look at comic to notice that the other guy was sitting in a chair in the background in panels 1 and 2. The two characters locations are pretty essential to the understanding of the strip so you want to make sure its clear on the initial reading.

Something as simple as having the tufu in the chair turn around, and look towards the other tufu in panel 2 would've made their locations a lot more obvious. That way you could tell someone was actually in the chair.

Also in panel 3 we see the tufu with the chips is standing near cubbards, but we're given no indication of that in the first 2 panels.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thankz guys, ill definitely keep at it and see where this goes. i guess i have yet to nail the thinking process down that will allow me to think of some jokes. Right now I try to remember amusing things that have happened to me recently but not that many things can be easily translated into this it seems. How do you go about coming up with your jokes, Ronnie?

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    he steals them from the forums.

tynic on
  • Options
    acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    he steals them from the forums.

Steals is such a strong way to put it. He crowdsources his humor, I'd say.

Crowdsources.

steals.

acadia on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ideas come from the questions that can only be asked and answered by your imagination. The difference between writers and -err non-writers is that writers always notice when they get a wacky idea while non-writers just give it a hurr and move on. Carry a small notebook and write down all the ideas you get during the day (believe me when I say you get lots of ideas during the day).

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    m3nace wrote: »
    Ideas come from the questions that can only be asked and answered by your imagination. The difference between writers and -err non-writers is that writers always notice when they get a wacky idea while non-writers just give it a hurr and move on. Carry a small notebook and write down all the ideas you get during the day (believe me when I say you get lots of ideas during the day).

I try to do this already- whenever I think of something I open my notepad on my phone and write it down; but I don't seem to have that many ideas so I will have to pay more attention to things. Or perhaps my repetitive weekly schedule is to blame. Summer starts at the end of this week for me so I will leech it for ideas.

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif