As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys tell me your secrets.

How do I not get mad/sad at this game?

well, you could always say "it is silly to let myself get emotionally riled up over blinking lights and clicking sounds coming out of an electrobox"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I carried an 0-14 Zilean the other night.

He had boots and 5 philostones for the entire game. At the end, he had more than 32,000 gold.

Wait wait WAIT

Was that you I lost horribly to? I remember playing a trioQ game as trundle and brutally raping zil and cass bottom lane. He also had 5 philostones. And one of you mentioned 32k gold at the end.

I was the Cass. :lol:
    And yes, "brutal rape" would adequately describe the laning phase I experienced. That ZIlean....

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys tell me your secrets.

How do I not get mad/sad at this game?

Also, anyone else feel like they are always just a little too tired to be playing this game?

TYPE IN CAPS

LOL alot. Why so srs bro?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just played a game against a Cait who had 238 CS when we surrendered at 24min.

Are you fucking kidding me? Why does she have absolutely insane range, an escape ability, and traps to prevent harassment?

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CripTonic wrote: »
    I just played a game against a Cait who had 238 CS when we surrendered at 24min.

Are you fucking kidding me? Why does she have absolutely insane range, an escape ability, and traps to prevent harassment?

sounds like you were just outplayed

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    that's some damn good CSing though

interrobang on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    13/4/23 as jungle rammus. Got my leviathan stacked up and forgot how to die.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

As Lustre said it sounds like you didn't harass her enough, get enough jungle ganks, etc. That kind of CS can happen for almost anyone if you let them freely farm; I played a games yesterday with a bunch of PA peeps as Urgot and I left mid lane with about that much CS just because the other team never touched me.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

sounds like you were just outplayed

You had to have gotten dominated. Any character with that kind of farm that fast would dominate. In comparison, only 285 minions spawn per lane in 24 minutes. This means that she only missed 47 CS in the entire game counting all teamfighting (plus whatever she got from jungle or stole from other lanes).

Seriously, 80%+ of all minions in a lane. Most people couldn't do that in a solo match, let alone with lane opponents, plus with going out to teamfight it might as well be impossible. At least take solace in the fact that if you had to get beat, you got beat by the best.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    Malz is a nightmare.

If you dont realize QSS exists.

Then he is a joke.

I also think as malz you dont want too may other ap heavy characters on your team, then you get people getting double cloak items against you (FoN + BV) (BV+QSS etc) Malz works best with champions that can reposition enemy champions such as singed and blitz.

I completely shit on a malz mid today as swain. But I'm pretty sure swain shits on everyone mid.

also, today was a good day. besides losing two games playing with a lv 11 friend, I won everything and farmed out the last of my ip for vayne.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When items say 'stacks for kills' do they mean kills on heroes or just kills on minions or heroes? cause most skills that say # of kills count minions...?

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When items say 'stacks for kills' do they mean kills on heroes or just kills on minions or heroes? cause most skills that say # of kills count minions...?

Depends on the item.

Warmog's gives you stacks on both heroe kills and minion kills.
    The snowball items (Leviathan's, Mejai's, and Dagger of the Occult) all give 2 stacks on hero killshot and 1 on hero assist

Keysier on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    facetious wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    time is money

post of the year

post of the decade, actually

Millennium.

it will go down in time as the best post made, ever

you guys should have seen how big I was smiling when I f5'd, saw Sok's post, and realized that I would be the first to say that

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A good way to check out what's up is to take a look at the part of the item description that details what happens whenever you die.

If you lose all of your stacks, it's probably any kill. Minions, champions, whatever. Since it applies to everything, it's easy to get back, hence why you start again at zero. (Bloodthirster and Warmogs, for example)

If you lose 1/3 of your stacks, it's just champion kills. Those are a bit harder to come by, so the penalty for dying isn't as severe. (Mejai's, etc.)

There may be an item or two that's an exception to this rule, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A good way to check out what's up is to take a look at the part of the item description that details what happens whenever you die.

If you lose all of your stacks, it's probably any kill. Minions, champions, whatever. Since it applies to everything, it's easy to get back, hence why you start again at zero. (Bloodthirster and Warmogs, for example)

If you lose 1/3 of your stacks, it's just champion kills. Those are a bit harder to come by, so the penalty for dying isn't as severe. (Mejai's, etc.)

There may be an item or two that's an exception to this rule, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

The only one I know of is Warmogs, that keeps all its stacks.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tank tank tank I'm a tank I'm Singed

Fartin' on your faces

Throwin' nerds to their places

I'm singgggeeeedddd

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    übergeek wrote: »
    So I've got 7780 IP, and a problem. I was going to get Rumble and someone else, but the way everyone is whining about Rumble, now I'm hesitating because maybe there will be an overnerf. Then there's the issue that like most other champs being newly released, not having a Vayne on your team seems to bring a real or imagined disadvantage, much like Noc. That percentage damage with a bloodrazor is painful. On the upside, there's alot less Brand players in my games now.

Anyway, thoughts on current strong champs? I was thinking Rumble, Shen and Alistar, but Vayne can melt them if you can't close the distance. I can get Vayne and another cheap champ, or I can get Maokai. (I'd get Rumble or Maokai after the free week si up of course)

i've been considering building Vayne almost like trist. hell, i've even thought of giving her a straight teemo AS rush. Getting the W leveled and proc'ing it in every 2s (1.5 AS) would make her unbelievably nasty.

AD/AS, with some lifesteal and crit? I dunno, but she's a CS machine, and I think that a bit more AS on her with AD as the main focus might be better just to proc W more times.

---

as for buying champs, assuming that you can spare the real money, the collectors edition and 2nd champ pack for $35 (40 unlocked champs, a couple of runes and a free skin) is a tremendous deal, and that will get you Shen, Alistair, Blitz, Mundo, ashe, etc etc etc.... its a tremendous deal.

Joe K on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OH, i hate people on my team that yell at me when i dont follow them into a stupid situation

"Wow Cass, where were you?"

ME "Im not stupid. Eve and Amumu MIA, have fun overextending"

Yeh, Morg is killing everyone when she's not being 3v1'd, Yi jumps in lane, we start getting raped, as 3 with Morg show up in lane, and I flash back to tower.

Yi starts screaming at me how i'm so bad.

I just said: "But you're dead".

Joe K on
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Malz is a nightmare.

Then he is a joke.

I also think as malz you dont want too may other ap heavy characters on your team, then you get people getting double cloak items against you (FoN + BV) (BV+QSS etc) Malz works best with champions that can reposition enemy champions such as singed and blitz.

QSS does not beat malz. You can like, not ult the guy with QSS, you can hit him with all your other spells. You can use your insane AoE Dmg, you can ult someone else. That's like saying Thornmail beats Master Yi, it doesn't. Yi just gets some lifesteal and does less damage to you. Its hardly the end of the world.

Mugaaz on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Fartin' on your faces

I'm singgggeeeedddd

The best was your Singed with baron, rest of us dead, you and their team at our nexus.

Fart fart fart. Can't even hurt him.

Oh look you bought enough time for us to spawn and chase and ace.

Push GG nexus!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There are so many good champions to ban now in Ranked, I have a hard time doing it.

Shen, Zilean, Nocturne, Eve, Vayne, Alistar are all often banned in my ELO (1500's).
    Whichever one isn't banned usually screws me over.

For example, I banned Vayne over Nocturne and Noct gets fed hardcore.
    Next game I ban Noct, Vayne goes 18-2 (D:).

I tried banning both but then they got Zilean who.. yeah, you know.

I lose whichever way I go!

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I had some good 5-man PA ranked games yesterday.

We just tore it up. I was jungling Trundle and I couldnt gank that much, but my pillar worked well in stopping the ults of Galio and Nunu. :D

I remember when it was 4-5 of us and Galio was chasing us and his team was in back of him.

We were like "is he gonna ult..nah, maybe, nah, maybe. YUP" So he ulted, then I threw my pillar on him, so it stopped his ult, then we just finished them off

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AP Taric is literally the most fun you can have

800 HP heals like it's nothing

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Infidel wrote: »

Fartin' on your faces

I'm singgggeeeedddd

The best was your Singed with baron, rest of us dead, you and their team at our nexus.

Fart fart fart. Can't even hurt him.

Oh look you bought enough time for us to spawn and chase and ace.

Push GG nexus!

Fart fart fart 34 assists fart fart

That teemo

That fucking teemo jesus ow

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    Malz is a nightmare.

Then he is a joke.

QSS does not beat malz. You can like, not ult the guy with QSS, you can hit him with all your other spells. You can use your insane AoE Dmg, you can ult someone else. That's like saying Thornmail beats Master Yi, it doesn't. Yi just gets some lifesteal and does less damage to you. Its hardly the end of the world.

It's also worth noting that QSS cleanses the stun from Malz's ult.

But the damage only goes away if you break the tether! Which isn't easy, especially if the Malz has a Rylais.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    Malz is a nightmare.

Then he is a joke.

But the damage only goes away if you break the tether! Which isn't easy, especially if the Malz has a Rylais.

It doesn't hurt to be able to get out of the puddle, very easily can turn a kill into a no kill.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    Malz is a nightmare.

Then he is a joke.

Honestly I have a tough time picking up Rylai's on Malz. He can only get the benefit of the 15% slow, never the 35%, so it seems like such a waste

Priest on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    even if you buy QSS, Malzahar has so much utility with his silence, and people never seem to avoid pools in a team fight, they're always too busy attacking champions

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So in my fail game of the week:

Last night my team consisted of 2 buddies (Rumble, Swain), myself (Yi), and a Sivir and Gragas

Gragas it seemed had no idea how to play. He did like no damage, did not tank, and just did nothing. Our SIVIR went AP and rushed a Guinsoo. *sigh*

I saw an Alistar on the map, and Gragas was near-by. So I pinged that location so you know, Gragas doesnt go there. So he goes in the bush and dies. He says he thought I pinged there because we wanted to go there (even though more than half our team wasnt even near there). but I kept my cool, didnt yell since there was no point of trying to win at this point, and just told him to use map awareness.

So yeah....we lost that game. My buddies Swain sucked too and just fed the enemy team.

Oh, did I mention the whole game was a 5v4 since their anivia disconnected at the start?

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    even if you buy QSS, Malzahar has so much utility with his silence, and people never seem to avoid pools in a team fight, they're always too busy attacking champions

People seem to be pretty good about avoiding Malz' though, just by virtue of it's huge black/purple "STAY THE FUCK OUT OF ME" animation.

There are certainly varying levels of obviousness with AoE, and Malz's is one of the most obvious (to me)

Priest on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Priest wrote: »

People seem to be pretty good about avoiding Malz' though, just by virtue of it's huge black/purple "STAY THE FUCK OUT OF ME" animation.

There are certainly varying levels of obviousness with AoE, and Malz's is one of the most obvious (to me)

Malz AOE is obvious enough even a WoW raider can get the fuck out of it. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

That's giving WoW players a lot of credit.

Priest on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

No, it's just that obvious. :)

That and Morg's AOE are the biggest "don't stand in the fucking void zones" to me. Spin-to-win the fuck outta there!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

No, it's just that obvious. :)

That and Morg's AOE are the biggest "don't stand in the fucking void zones" to me. Spin-to-win the fuck outta there!

You say that but so many team fights don't move away from the zone and I've gotten kills using it. It usually works best on auto attack champs and the players who don't want to move because it will stop them from doing damage.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think hell has frozen over.

Duo queueing with a buddy last night.

Our team is doing awful. Like our score was 1-11 at one point and ended 2-20something. I had both of those kills. And one of the deaths.

Our Vayne kept calling me a noob (while he was 0-5 and I was 1-0) So I commenced the trololing. My buddy joined the fun and our trynd got involved calling my friend out (whatever we were all doing bad)

After the game the game the Vayne says "report vlad" (me) and the Trynd is like "really? the vlad? we should report ourselves for that terrible game"

I laugh and agree... and then.... he APOLOGIZED for trolling and said that playing so poorly just got him.

Me and my friend tell him it's all good and then he asks us if we want to play another game with him. We're still in shock by this happening in LoL so we agree and destroy the next game.

tl:dr Guy says sorry in LoL turns out to be a nice guy and becomes a friend.

What has the world come to?

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Clearly the best team would be Nasus, Malz, and Morgana.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU WALK BITCH, YOU TAKE DAMAGE.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mattitude87Mattitude87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I think hell has frozen over.

Duo queueing with a buddy last night.

Our team is doing awful. Like our score was 1-11 at one point and ended 2-20something. I had both of those kills. And one of the deaths.

Our Vayne kept calling me a noob (while he was 0-5 and I was 1-0) So I commenced the trololing. My buddy joined the fun and our trynd got involved calling my friend out (whatever we were all doing bad)

After the game the game the Vayne says "report vlad" (me) and the Trynd is like "really? the vlad? we should report ourselves for that terrible game"

I laugh and agree... and then.... he APOLOGIZED for trolling and said that playing so poorly just got him.

Me and my friend tell him it's all good and then he asks us if we want to play another game with him. We're still in shock by this happening in LoL so we agree and destroy the next game.

tl:dr Guy says sorry in LoL turns out to be a nice guy and becomes a friend.

What has the world come to?

LoL might go down as one of the worst gaming communities ever, but once in a while you meet a nice guy just trying to wade through the shit like the rest of us. Even I've been a bit corrupted by the community; I find myself being a dick way more in this game than any other, including other competitive games.

Mattitude87 on
    League of Legends: Mattagascar
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You have to place pools strategically. Jarvan ults, drop a pool. Fight in the bushes, drop a pool behind them. They can either run into your team or run through the pool. Even a few ticks of the pool is massive damages

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You have to place pools strategically. Jarvan ults, drop a pool. Fight in the bushes, drop a pool behind them. They can either run into your team or run through the pool. Even a few ticks of the pool is massive damages

That's part of why I love Malz sometimes. You just fucking know there's three guys in that small bush near Baron, so you drop down your pool and silence the bastards and run away laughing your ass off.

Priest on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AOE pools are also nice because you can direct and control enemies with them. I used to do it all the time with Nasus, using the pool to constantly keep enemy teams out of position, because no one will ever stand in his pool. Even if it's only level 1 and does laughable damage.

Weird weekend, had some really good games. Realizing that Ryze is kind of a fun pub stomper, and really starting to like Alistar. But then I get into games where people are just constantly doing dumb shit and I wonder why I bother to play.

Hey 3 people that I just totally saved as Alistar, when I ground pound + headbutt to save you, don't fucking run back in to die!

Dark_Side on