As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    AOE pools are also nice because you can direct and control enemies with them. I used to do it all the time with Nasus, using the pool to constantly keep enemy teams out of position, because no one will ever stand in his pool. Even if it's only level 1 and does laughable damage.

Weird weekend, had some really good games. Realizing that Ryze is kind of a fun pub stomper, and really starting to like Alistar. But then I get into games where people are just constantly doing dumb shit and I wonder why I bother to play.

Hey 3 people that I just totally saved as Alistar, when I ground pound + headbutt to save you, don't fucking run back in to die!

Kind of like when I play WW in the Jungle. I even tell my mid before hand that I'm coming in to gank. And that she (LeBlanc) and Rumble (who happened to be in mid at the time as well) need to commit when I flank them.

I head in as WW. LeBlanc and Rumble run away at full health. Nidalee and Morde own me.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Priest on
  • ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I am coming to the conclusion that team composition in public queue doesn't mean a damn thing.

Play whoever you are best with and if you end up in a game with four other people playing who they are best at and you win.

yeah all this is 100% wrong

i know this is the league of rent's bad opinions but this is objectively wrong
    Rent wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I am coming to the conclusion that team composition in public queue doesn't mean a damn thing.

Play whoever you are best with and if you end up in a game with four other people playing who they are best at and you win.

yeah all this is 100% wrong

i know this is the league of rent's bad opinions but this is objectively wrong

He is actually pretty much correct.

Imagine this, im really good with Trundle, Kat, etc, and the rest of the team has their most favoritist best champion. I would MUCH rather have someone play a character they are actually good with than, having someone roll a champion they suck with.

Summoner 1: Hey can anyone jungle?
    Summoner 2: Well I have Warwick but....
    Summoner 1: Good do it, and dont suck, douche
    Summoner 2: /sobs quietly to himself
    Summoner 1: We need a tank!
    Summoner 3: Well i have Galio...
    Summoner 1: Good, dont fail retard.

etc etc etc.

People will fail harder with champs they arent good with, that is a fact. Regardless of the "perfect" team comp, i have played countless games without tanks, or without a hardcore stun team.

ghostbandit on
    stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The only reason Vayne isn't making me rage insanely hard is because Teemo shits all over her and it makes me giggle.

Hrm... Teemo vs. Vayne.... Teemo wins because of mushrooms, but I think that a straight up fight wothout mushroom gardens, Vayne may pull it out (and then die from the DOT)

Joe K on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I imagine blinding shot would fuck her 3 shots true damage BS

Pacificstar on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Joe K wrote: »
    The only reason Vayne isn't making me rage insanely hard is because Teemo shits all over her and it makes me giggle.

Hrm... Teemo vs. Vayne.... Teemo wins because of mushrooms, but I think that a straight up fight wothout mushroom gardens, Vayne may pull it out (and then die from the DOT)

Blinding shot then shoot her in the mouth

Teemo shits on autoattack champions that are close to his range

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    People will fail harder with champs they arent good with, that is a fact. Regardless of the "perfect" team comp, i have played countless games without tanks, or without a hardcore stun team.

Tough to say really, I still think you've got better odds to win with a balanced team pick, but that's going on the idea that everyone should have a stable of champs they can play well. But I've also won with, and lost to all dps teams, team fat, team heal, and so on, and in every case it was become someone fed during the lane phase.

With blind pick you just never know what you're coming up against, so maybe the only thing that really matters is team coordination.

Dark_Side on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Vayne lanes decently well against Teemo, though

you can't miss tumble shots!

SuMa.Lustre on
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Malz's pool is a massive area denial. Especially late game, nobody wants to be caught in that thing when it has potential to do 80% of their HP if they get stuck in it (before MR). It's great when they have melee heroes defending a tower... you just pool the tower, and now they don't want to fight the guys punching the tower. You can throw the pool so that it juts out a bit behind the tower when you are trying to push it down, and it just forces everybody back.

A lot of other heroes with big aoe slows/obstacles make the pool a nightmare. Vlad and Malz together just ruin people. Malz and Karth ruin people (huge aoe slow that allows drops MR!). Anivia's wall and ult practically force people to get stuck in it for some duration (either they go around the wall and walk through the pool, or they brave the slow and walk through the pool).

It does bother me somewhat that I have yet to deviate significantly from the skill order QEEWER (then R>E>W>Q) or from the doran's ring -> boots and gem -> lvl 2 boots -> deathcap. It feels like I'm running the same thing every game but every game the other team gets rolled.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    edited May 2011

That pisses me off, because if it can't miss it should be an ability. But spell shields don't eat tumble shots. Also, I think some kind of physical damage version of madred's blood razor should be added to the game. Something that does % of health as physical damage. It pisses me off that you can just stack MR to counter one of the few anti-tank ITEMS in the game. At least have a version of the item that does physical damage so they have to build more than just HP + MR

Pacificstar on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmmm I mean it probably isn't nearly as bad now, Teemo vs Vayne. I haven't tried it, but with the tenacity changes I'd imagine vayne would mess up teemo one she got mercs.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

That pisses me off, because if it can't miss it should be an ability. But spell shields don't eat tumble shots. Also, I think some kind of physical damage version of madred's blood razor should be added to the game. Something that does % of health as physical damage. It pisses me off that you can just stack MR to counter one of the few anti-tank ITEMS in the game. At least have a version of the item that does physical damage so they have to build more than just HP + MR

It'd be interesting if Madred's dealt ~2% damage instead of 4% but did true damage instead.

zerg rush on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been going Ghost/Teleport with Nasus, so I can get around and push those lanes when needed

Kinda want to drop Teleport for Exhaust though, for Exhaust/Wither hilarity

And yeah, it's funny how people scatter to avoid Nasus' circle of fire. Barely does any damage, it's more for killing minions or reducing champ armor. Though I have killed a champ really low on a health a few times when they were trying to run by throwing it in front of them.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited May 2011
    I just had a game where enemy Kayle was pushing top the entire game, and I kept ganking her. We had a trynd that also kept pushing bot the entire game, except the enemy would basically ignore him until after teamfights.

She was giving 90 gold a kill or something around there, and kept calling her team bad for not winning offensive pushes 4v3. While I was killing her for the 7th time, the enemy killed our inhib tower and she said "Hope it was worth losing your base for 50 gold from killing me."

I proceeded to 1v3 triple kill and ace the surviving enemy team. "Nope, it was worth getting 20 stack Mejai's though." The counterpush from that killed two enemy inhibitors, eventually securing us the game.
    Moral of the story: Snowball items are beastmode when going up against revive teams or players who rely on giving 0 gold on death.

zerg rush on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been going Ghost/Teleport with Nasus, so I can get around and push those lanes when needed

And yeah, it's funny how people scatter to avoid Nasus' circle of fire. Barely does any damage, it's more for killing minions or reducing champ armor. Though I have killed a champ really low on a health a few times when they were trying to run by throwing it in front of them.

I've found exhaust to not really be worth it on Nasus, he already has a slow, Cleanse will probably do you better.

Dark_Side on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish there was a way to figure out how many times the word "noob" has been said in this game.

Like some endless counter somewhere that's at some number we can't even imagine.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited May 2011

yeh, Q into teemo, E his ass away, he'll hit you with his blinding dart, but have to get back into range, when you should be able to tumble again, and you'll be hitting with your reg shots, and W should proc at least once or twice in there....

AS/AD, I thinks for Vayne.

Joe K on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Horrible new guy question, but is there a time that the patches/new heroes drop every week on Tuesday? I'm looking for the hour, central or eastern time. And are they announced earlier? I couldn't find that on the website. Thanks!

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I've found exhaust to not really be worth it on Nasus, he already has a slow, Cleanse will probably do you better.

Yeah, I more just wanted to try it for the silliness

Shut down that one asshole for good, or put one on each of their highest DPSers in a teamfight

But yeah, I was considering trying out Cleanse too.
    Horrible new guy question, but is there a time that the patches/new heroes drop every week on Tuesday? I'm looking for the hour, central or eastern time. And are they announced earlier? I couldn't find that on the website. Thanks!

Whenever they feel like it pretty much

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited May 2011
    Asiina wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Better idea: don't build AP Teemo, it's really bad.

lol

What he means is there's pretty much only one viable build on Teemo, and I'd agree.

It involves Doran's Blades, Malady, and Madred's Bloodrazor. That's his core, and I'll fight anyone who tries to say you should build him differently.

yuck.

Joe K on
    edited May 2011
    bigwah wrote: »
    Warmog's Teemo is the only true Teemo.

but you gotta get the AS up before you can get the warmogs going.

and then you crush everyone.

Joe K on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish there was a way to figure out how many times the word "noob" has been said in this game.

Like some endless counter somewhere that's at some number we can't even imagine.

There is. It's secretly disguised as something else, though.
    national-debt-clock-3721.jpg

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011

No, they are administered by a person rather than a machine. They can be anywhere from a day early to days late.

New patches/heroes come out every other week unless otherwise announced. So this coming week will just be a free hero rotation (also administered by hand). Patch previews are usually a couple days before important patches (patch notes sometimes leak sooner), and champion spotlights are usually 1-2 days before the champ comes out.

For example, here's a patch preview for the patch three weeks ago (came out the day before):
    And here's a champion spotlight:

zerg rush on
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When I play AD/AS Teemo so I usually go boot1+2 heal pots, AS boot2, madred, zeal, BGsword to turn into big items.

AhiMahi on
    edited May 2011
    Hmmm I mean it probably isn't nearly as bad now, Teemo vs Vayne. I haven't tried it, but with the tenacity changes I'd imagine vayne would mess up teemo one she got mercs.

Why is everyone stuck on Mercs - get one of the 25 tenacity items, and get the boots of swiftness, plus whatever other items give a speed boost. vayne can be zipping around faster than teemo...

Joe K on
  • FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You remind me of a song

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
    My, oh my, what a wonderful day
    Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
    It's the truth, it's actual
    Ev'rything is satisfactual
    Wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir!

Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Wonderful feeling, feeling this way

It is the truth, it's actual... huh?
    Where is that bluebird? Mm-hm!

OH, let me change it to LOL terms

You remind me of a song

Plenty of ganking headin' my way

Swain has a bird on his shoulder
    Wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir!

Plenty of gankin headin' my way

Wonderful feeling, feeling this way

It is the truth, it's actual... huh?
    Where is that bird? CAW-CAW!

I'll take requests to change a song into LOL theme!

FlipprDolphin on
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    l_g wrote: »
    Malz's pool is a massive area denial. Especially late game, nobody wants to be caught in that thing when it has potential to do 80% of their HP if they get stuck in it (before MR). It's great when they have melee heroes defending a tower... you just pool the tower, and now they don't want to fight the guys punching the tower. You can throw the pool so that it juts out a bit behind the tower when you are trying to push it down, and it just forces everybody back.

A lot of other heroes with big aoe slows/obstacles make the pool a nightmare. Vlad and Malz together just ruin people. Malz and Karth ruin people (huge aoe slow that allows drops MR!). Anivia's wall and ult practically force people to get stuck in it for some duration (either they go around the wall and walk through the pool, or they brave the slow and walk through the pool).

It does bother me somewhat that I have yet to deviate significantly from the skill order QEEWER (then R>E>W>Q) or from the doran's ring -> boots and gem -> lvl 2 boots -> deathcap. It feels like I'm running the same thing every game but every game the other team gets rolled.

Why do you prioritize W or E? W is my last skill, its great late game, just not early.

Also, there are some more valid item openings for Malz
    Boots + Pots
    Mana Crystal + Pots
    Pendant + Pots

Mugaaz on
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    maxing w second is awesome because then when you ult combo them they take a ton of % health damage while they're forced to stand on it

WhiteShark on
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So yeah, all the Vayne OP complaining is premature as usual. After playing so many games against her and a few as her, she's really nothing special. I mean, she's good, but not " o god a Vayne" good.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
    edited May 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    maxing w second is awesome because then when you ult combo them they take a ton of % health damage while they're forced to stand on it

It's way better to max Q before that. Q has uses outside the combo, and the difference between rank 1 and rank 3 W of it is pointless, whereas the Q silence is a big deal. W doesn't even get good till you get your 2nd AP item. Rank 1 and park it. Q silence duration is the key to landing the combo in the first place. Hit them with a Q, flash in (E), W, R.

They're not flashing away or doing jack, they are dead. 1 or 2 Q harasses combined with an E landing on them off a creep is your kill setup.

Mugaaz on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    So yeah, all the Vayne OP complaining is premature as usual. After playing so many games against her and a few as her, she's really nothing special. I mean, she's good, but not " o god a Vayne" good.

my main issue with her is the frequent in and out stealth in teamfights. that's just plain irritating

I think her passive and her ult's effect on her passive emphasizes the "she is hunting you" thing without needing stealth

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    She's less eyeroll inducing than Vlad, and so balanced in my book.

Sokpuppet on
  • Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Noob question, but is there a good site/wiki that has a list of suggested champion builds? I've found some good stuff on champions and their powers and some general strategy, but little regarding item specifics.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mobafire has been very helpful for me. Also this thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=68225

it's a guide by guide basis on how up-to-date or specific the guides are. People here have given me great tips on stuff.

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited May 2011
    Solomid.net has the best guides, but take item builds with a grain of salt. There is a lot to consider when choosing an item build for each character. Some item choices are a lot like runes in where one isn't wrong, but it emphasizing one thing over another which will only be good if you playing that way.

I think the item build choices on some characters is way more complicated then people give credit for.

Mugaaz on
  • JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Why is everyone stuck on Mercs - get one of the 25 tenacity items, and get the boots of swiftness, plus whatever other items give a speed boost. vayne can be zipping around faster than teemo...
    All except the support tenacity are really really bad in terms what effects you get and how much gold they cost. I use movespeed quints which give me practically boots3-speed with any speed2-boots.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I use movement speed quintessences and get boots of mobility and Shurelya's Reverie and I am the fastest yordle.

Frosteey on
    edited May 2011
    Rakkun has stopped all streaming activities

Pacificstar on
    edited May 2011
    Wow, solomid never popped up near the top on google but it is awesome. Learn something every day!

and/or.. ahem.... DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAA.

(nothing pisses off an enemy team like shouting that when I get a kill)

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited May 2011
    Lol, watching Bob stream and some guy was giving him shit. So he opens up a little text file on his desk top, and adds him to some running shit list. HAAHA

Pacificstar on
  • ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Namel3ss wrote: »
    Noob question, but is there a good site/wiki that has a list of suggested champion builds? I've found some good stuff on champions and their powers and some general strategy, but little regarding item specifics.

www.leaguecraft.com

ghostbandit on
    stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming