As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Salty [Phalla]: Curse of the Crusty Pearls - VILLAGE VICTORY

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rocky Grifterfellow (Rawkking) will be on the helm with me. Arrr! Better be keepin those hooks away from sails. I'll be discussin wiv him how to murder my nemesis Ringo most fowl

On the deck:

Skyler the Killer (wildwood) has the additional responsibility as the gunner, for the rest of ya bilge rats are no good at it
    Shaka Moneymaker (Gandalf)
    Bandalor Grieg (Lucedes)
    Huffington (Extermatott)

On the sails:

Tim (Phyphor)
    Jack Burnhart (Matev)
    Salty Bob (Diorinix)
    Anthony Anchises (Teurican)
    Orokos (Infidel)
    Blaine Dread (mEEksa)

Alegis on
  • FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, what's everybody's favourite fast-food restaurant?

Fidoh on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    WEEK ONE

With Captain Stoutsparrow the Plunderer at the helm, and the completely hook-handed Rocky Grifterfellow there to keep him entertained with naughty stories about how he hooked up with the governor's twin daughters, the Ten Tanks sets sail out from the limey port of Tortuga, seeking their fortune on the tropical seas of the islands of the Caribbean. The wind at their backs, there's no trouble with the captain's sanity, and he maintains a steady course - the only way things could fall apart is if the crew were somehow... derelict in their duties.

Appointed by the captain to be the gunnery master, Skyler the Killer whips his lads into shape, maintaining the deck's quality, and ensuring the grog flowed freely to all those in dangerous vicinity to the dreaded soberity. Unfortunately, while his back is turned, Bandalor Grieg points at Shaka Moneymaker and says his beard is stupid, and the two break into a fight that leaves them unable to work the decks. Fortunately, things go fine without them. (Decks Check: 5 + 2 = 7, SUCCESS)

On the rigging and sails, Anthony Anchises manages to keep his scrapping feelings to himself, and the ship sails free and clear. (Sails Check: 3 + 6 = 9, SUCCESS)

The ship spots an island on the horizon, and they press forth, eventually making landfall. Captain Stoutsparrow the Plunderer, deciding that there is more adventure to be had if the whole crew explores the island, pushes all the crew of the ship down the gangplank, discovering that they're arrived on...

THE ABANDONED TEMPLE

Walking around the ancient, derelict structure, the crew stumbles upon small caches of treasure, though the place looked as though it had been picked clean over the years by pirates and other scavengers of booty. Still, with the crew's expert eye for stealing, and the captain's love of plunder unmatched on all the seven seas, they make off with a respectable haul. +53 GOLD

The week ends, with all the pirates drinking heartily to their first success. And to many more to come! -12 GROG

END OF WEEK TALLY
    BOOTY: 53
    GROG: 28

THE CREW
    CAPTAIN Stoutsparrow the Plunderer (Alegis) - Shootin’, Stealin’
    Skyler the Killer (wildwood) - Shootin’, Swaggerin’
    Huffington (Extermatott) - Shootin’
    Jack Burnhart (Matev) - Stealin’
    Salty Bob (Diorinix) - Swaggerin’
    Tim (Phyphor) - Scaredy
    Rocky Grifterfellow (Rawkking) - Swashbucklin’, Two Hooks
    Shaka Moneymaker (Gandalf) - Shootin’, Beard
    Blaine Dread (mEEksa) - Shootin’, Eyepatch
    Orokos (Infidel) - Stealin’, Pet Parrot
    Bandalor Grieg (Lucedes) - Scrapper, Beard
    Anthony Anchises (Teurican) - Scrapper

We'll give the crew and captain some time to discuss further plans before we begin the new week, shall we?

simonwolf on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wildwood wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with wildcat, doesn't sound like the sort of thing one wants loose on a ship.

Are ye daft, boyo? Is that rum or sea water that you're swiling? Not enough to slay the void in your head, says I.

None hate water more than cats. A cat aboard defends the ship with all nine of its lives, at once! Can ye imagine the fury of a cat defending the planks? No, I doubt you can.

Granted, getting a cat aboard, that's no picnic. But a wild cat aboard is a demon bottled.

My vote's cast for today, but you... I've got me eye on you.

Arrrrrrr wildwood, it does me heart good to see that a hearty like ye unnerstands so well. It be me fury that be the terror o' marines all along the Spanish Main!

Wildcat on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I vote fer "Stab That Crustation!" Ringo, fer think'n I'm suspicious when I'm nay. Even if this be making me seem more suspicious, which I'm agin nay.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    immortal squish

godmode on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A fine job by mister captain stoutsparrow! 53 gold for 12 pirates is a hell of a haul. Why if I know my maths, it's not less than a fine dozen pieces of booty for each of us salty dogs. A fine huzzah for the captain of the ten tanks, the thievienest buccaneer of the thievenest crew on the seven seas!

Booty like that gives me a hankering for some grog. Shall we stop into port next?

Teucrian on
    edited May 2011
    Arrr! Shaka Moneymaker, what our grog situation be? We need to get us some more GROG! With haste!

Alegis on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Here's the rules on ports:

Roll on the Port Happenings table immediately upon arriving at Port. When the Pirates arrive at Port each of them will spend one Booty on the essentials, which includes enough grog to keep them happy. If they do not have enough Booty they manage to steal enough to get by. After leaving the brothel more Grog may be bought for one Booty a barrel. The crew may also spend one Booty and one Grog to recruit a new Pirate, rolling for their Strength in the same way as with a starting pirate. Any number of pirates can be hired at a Port in this way. Pirates do not drink the ship's grog while in port, as it's included in their "essential" costs.

simonwolf on
    edited May 2011
    Oh and I'm afeared the terrible metalman Gumpy will be little use to us on this voyage, fierce though he may be. There ain't no recourse for a shiny metal automaton to stave off the salty sea where we're headed. Best to push him over now then to watch him rust later.

Teucrian on
    edited May 2011
    Port! I'll get us some new hands on deck. Anthony Anchises (Teurican), you be joinin me an inspect the no good scallywags

but first: GROG AND STRUMPETS!

Alegis on
    edited May 2011
    You heard the captain! Now get out there and work your sorry hides and soon we'll be drinkin' the second finest grog in the third finest whorehouse in Havana!

Teucrian on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arrrrr me hearties!

This curse, t'is an evil business, but since I've had me daily ration o' grog, an' liberated the Captain's ration as well, I'm tempora'ly confident that I can overcome 't all, become Captain, an' find a score o' whores ta claim as me own with the captain's share of the booty, which we'll purloin on arr way t' the next port.

An' since democracy be fer the weak and sober, ye should all listen te me and vote 38th Doe te walk th' plank, seein as how I carefully reached out an' flogged the first scallywag I came across this mornin'....or is it afternoon? who can say... an' it was this blimey landlubber. So he must be curs'd.

El Skid on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Alegis

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Me 'arties, Wildwood's been stealin grog from da hold. There ain't no worse crime to a pirate than stealin his booze, exceptin things like murderin him, or cuttin off one hims arms, or somet'n.

Come ta think of it, thar be alot worse things tha' stealin muh booze, but dey ain't dat much worse!

Heffling on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Teurican, doncha know dat der's just da one grog and a pair of whorehouses in all of Havana? I think ye been tricked.

Heffling on
    edited May 2011
    It's incredibly confusing having two games run in one thread.

godmode on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    YAAAAAAAAAARGH MATEYS

Its me, the Rusty Iron Fist and I sail the seven seas punching the stuffing out of everyone and leaving them with a nasty series of rust based infections. For some grog and coin, I'll join your side, who ever you be

Gumpy on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm going with Spoit

His avatar is far too cute for a seafarin' lass grabbin' grog drinkin' pirate.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    vertroue be losin' me these here games of Phalla!

Extermatott on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Extermatott looked at me funny. We can't have that, can we? No.

Lucedes on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Extermatott looked at me funny. We can't have that, can we? No.

Lock the door to your cabin tonight, Lucedes. The cabin boy is coming....
    :shock:

Egos on
  • FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What ho! This here phalla is my first phalla in a long time.

godmode, because he thinks piratey stuff is confusing.

Fidoh on
    edited May 2011
    You scoundrels voting fer Stoutsparrow will be walking da plank once I get me hands on ya.

There still be room on me crew for da oth'errs

Alegis on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heffling. I don't trust a pirate what can't keep track of his own grog!

DrDinosaur on
    edited May 2011
    Fidoh wrote: »

Not at all! One could say I savvy the piratey goings-on, but a game within a game with only a certain number of players making their own individual votes for their own actions in their game?

It's messy.

godmode on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kill them, godmode

kill them allllll

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    But honestly when a bunch of people all vote for the same dude right off the bat, I can't help but think that at least one of them is mafia.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited May 2011
    Drinkin' an' carousin' an' playin' dice games while the captain do be belowdecks be in the finest tradition o' piratin'.

So long as there be wagerin' goin' on as part o' the game, I won't say nothin' 'gainst it. An' if you have a problem with it, give 'em a good kick in the teeth, ya yellow-livered dirt-eater!

El Skid on
  • MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lucedes, why you be stealing my grog? My grog important...to me. You best be not stealing it again, or I reckon I might do something 'bout it.

MaxFrost on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My general policy as Skyler - I will gladly shoot anyone if doing so saves more lives than it costs. (By forestalling a nasty random encounter, for example.)

Should I also shoot anyone that keeps us from achieving our goal? For example, if we'd rolled lower on Decks this time, shooting Grieg would have made the difference between success and failure.

What say ye, Captain? Kill the malingerers if they get in the way?

wildwood on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I do be hearin that godmode fella be hatin fun. Ye be mighty full o yeself to think that the good Captain's voyage be distractin. We be needin more pirate games, not less in this here thread

Phyphor on
    edited May 2011
    Heffling wrote: »
    Me 'arties, Wildwood's been stealin grog from da hold. There ain't no worse crime to a pirate than stealin his booze, exceptin things like murderin him, or cuttin off one hims arms, or somet'n.

Come ta think of it, thar be alot worse things tha' stealin muh booze, but dey ain't dat much worse!

Heffling, you lying sack of whale fat! Has your buggery finally gone so far that your head is completely stuck up your own arse? Have you thrown all your grog away a-wooing the cabin boy, to go about pointing fingers like this?

Get a proper drunk on, man, so we can fight this out proper. I can't abide the weak-minded lies of a man who seems almost... sober. (shudder)

wildwood on
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Fidoh wrote: »

Not at all! One could say I savvy the piratey goings-on, but a game within a game with only a certain number of players making their own individual votes for their own actions in their game?

It's messy.

Don't ye be worryin. Ten Tanks sails fer its own adventures, and I no be commandeerin my crew's votes in the Salty Phalla (though it be nice if ringo were ta dance the hempen jig).

When we hit port i'll be recruitin more suitable buccanneers. Got some booty ta spend

Alegis on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Heffling. I don't trust a pirate what can't keep track of his own grog!

DrDinosaur, because I don't trust a doctor without thumbs.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2011
    Heffling wrote: »

Heffling, you lying sack of whale fat! Has your buggery finally gone so far that your head is completely stuck up your own arse? Have you thrown all your grog away a-wooing the cabin boy, to go about pointing fingers like this?

Get a proper drunk on, man, so we can fight this out proper. I can't abide the weak-minded lies of a man who seems almost... sober. (shudder)

Yarrr... My name be Boatswain Skiddles, and I do be heartily endorsing this message.

'r at least th' delivery.

It do warm me heart almost as much as the grog (an' the cook's questionable food preparation *belch*) t' see a man talk in such a manner, pirate to scurvy dog.

El Skid on
    edited May 2011
    My general policy as Skyler - I will gladly shoot anyone if doing so saves more lives than it costs. (By forestalling a nasty random encounter, for example.)

Should I also shoot anyone that keeps us from achieving our goal? For example, if we'd rolled lower on Decks this time, shooting Grieg would have made the difference between success and failure.

Avast! Don't be shootin ma crew just yet. A dead pirate is a no good pirate. If they be raisin trouble they won't be gettin booty

Alegis on
    edited May 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

Avast! Don't be shootin ma crew just yet. A dead pirate is a no good pirate. If they be raisin trouble they won't be gettin booty

Understood, Cap'n. Only kill to save others, and as the mood strikes me.

wildwood on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's interesting that Alegis has voted for me three times now

Is there something you'd like to say to the class, Alegis?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited May 2011
    Four times, in fact Ringo.

I offer you victory in PHA/LLA and your subsequent reaction is to vig me and then vote for me endlessly.
    You are most ungrateful

Alegis on