As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Applejack's Wholesome Small-Town Apple Orchard

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MY FAT LITTLE KITTIES

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    fxs4uv.jpg

Derpie looks perfectly normal.

She doesn't realize they are zombies. Silly ponies.

joshua1 on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    joshua1 wrote: »
    fxs4uv.jpg

I've seen this before, but I only just noticed Fluttershy has a hand grenade.

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    edited May 2011
    Having played so many zombie defense/tower defense games, I can't help but notice that both unicorns are foolishly guarding the same position, rather than spreading out to cover multiple sides.

Goatmon on

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    fxs4uv.jpg

-'Shy, where did you get a hoof grenade?

-I don't know!

Joolander on
  • RinzlerRinzler Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Having played too much zombie mod on Counter-Strike Source, the first thing that came to my head was "no, Fluttershy, don't throw that grenade in the middle of the horde, it'll just push them over our barricades!"

...I need to go out more.

Rinzler on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Joolander wrote: »
    fxs4uv.jpg

-'Shy, where did you get a hoof grenade?

-I don't know!

-Make 'em explode TWICE sugarcube!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I look at that and see two things. That is clearly an untenable position. They should be leaving. Surely there's some way that they can fly/magic their way away.

Second: Fluttershy knows what's up. She's not going to throw that grenade.

Zerocz on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    1444920-20rarity20wikipedia.png

1450320-20pie20pinkie20pinkie_pie20rarity20wikipedia.jpg

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    And in the ensuing storm of edits, Wikipedia was destroyed.

Seriously, they're going to have to lock that page.

Zerocz on
    edited May 2011
    No posts for over 30 minutes? You're all over at Wikipedia, aren't you?
    Thank you, Sabremau, for restoring order.

Zerocz on
  • AtlurAtlur ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When I look at today's PA strip, this is all I see:
    I1mwS.jpg

He's got Rocky in his mouth!

Atlur on
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    An analysis of how the main cast might look if they had distinct body types. (spoilered for wide)
    ponies___varied_body_types_by_yoorporick-d3gio32.png

I tried to imagine how would the main cast look if they were given different body types, rather than all having the same one (as in the show). So I imagined it and drew it, duh.
    Here are the main reasons as to why I drew each pony the way I did:

Fluttershy - going mostly for slightly older than others look, while at the same time trying to capture her beauty and grace (as described by Rarity in Green isn't your color). Plus thanks to Fillyshy I always picture FS as the tallest of the group.

Twilight - I tried to give her an average build, one which would be the closest to the actual show, however she may appear slightly pudgy because I used mostly round shapes when drawing her snout.

Pinkie - pudgy due to her eating habits, but only slightly, thanks to her hyperactivity; slightly bigger and bulkier than unicorns, as I imagine all earth ponies are.

Rainbow Dash - Hoo boy, where to begin. First of all I imagine most of the pegasi have a rather small posture, which helps them to fly. Secondly - I pictured RD as the angry midget of the group (you know these types - pintsized, loud and obnoxious). Lastly, I decided to give her a pair of large wings to help her perform her flying stunts.

Rarity - slim and graceful as Fluttershy but not as tall and slightly less skinny.

Applejack - a real powerhouse of a pony, even bigger than other earth ponies, with powerful legs and toned flanks, all thanks to years of applebucking.

I mostly agree.

edzepp on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oooh oooh! Can I join in on the "Ponies cast as characters from some other thing" bandwagon?

Ponies as Batman villains!

Twilight Sparkle is The Riddler: incredibly intelligent, but has a tendancy to get too caught up in her own booksmarts and let it lead to her downfall.

Applejack is Bane: The powerhouse. But unlike the typical stereotypical brute, she's quite smart, too. Willfull and hardworking, she's determined to prove herself, and will sometimes take desperate measures to get the job done.

Rainbow Dash is Roxy Rocket: Loves speed, thrills, and excitement. Brash and energetic.

Rarity is Catwoman: Is into the finer things in life. Jewels and stylish clothes are the kinds of things that catch her eye. Has a talent for using her wits and charm to get out of a tough spot.

Fluttershy is Poison Ivy. She loves nature, and has that wispy, soothing voice. Also, she's a tree.

Pinkie Pie is Harley Quinn: Bubbly and fun-loving taken to the extreme. Has a tendency to not realize the seriousness of the situation.

Gilda is The Joker: Likes to pull cruel and malicious pranks on others for her own amusement. But when the tables turn and she's made into the punchline, her bad attitude shines through. Also, is too hard on poor Harley Pie.

Spike is The Penguin: He may look odd and out of place, but he is one classy motherfucker and a total pimp mack daddy.

Trixie is The Scarecrow: Subjects people to wild and fanciful illusions, but deep down is an insecure fraud.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are the Terrible Trio: Because there are three of them and they are Terrible.

Princess Celestia is Ras Al Ghul: She may seem like a benevolent ruler, but secretly she is evil incarnate, out to rule with an iron hoof.

Luna is Talia Al Ghul: Is she the kind and caring relative of Celestia Al Ghul, or deep down is she an even greater villain?

Alternatively, Nightmare Moon is Nocturna: For obvious reasons.

Finally, Derpy is Two-Face. Because I think it would be funny.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That list makes a lot of sense. Roxy Rocket, though, man... watching that one DCAU Batman episode as a kid...

...yeah...

Curly_Brace on
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He was trying to get to Applelousa (sp?).

But seriously, when I read this, that's all I thought of. Is that bad?

Edit: I hope I didn't kill this thread.

Blendtec on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuHCYi1qI&

He's not finished with it entirely, but holy horseapples!

Evil Weevil on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2011
    lady-gaga-pony-necklace.jpg

Whippy on
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    "I. Am. Wawity!"

That's all I see in that picture. No Gaga. NOPE!

Evil Weevil on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kill the G3 INFIDELS!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited May 2011
    Hey, you know the guy who's been doing those videos of 3d ponies on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIwHg-hXanI

Playable Pinkie Pie demo! (Download link on the youtube page)

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
  • rc_techrc_tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ^
    |
    \-> Two seconds too late >.<

Blendtec wrote: »
    He was trying to get to Applelousa (sp?).

But seriously, when I read this, that's all I thought of. Is that bad?

Edit: I hope I didn't kill this thread.

I was trying to post that news too but I lost the link.

Anyway, there is a demo of a game in which you can control Pinkie Pie at Equestria Daily.
    Curse my built-in intelgpu, since it does not have enough juice to render the eyes and the sky:

Spoilered for nightmare fuel:
    intelgpusux.png
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/3d-pinkie-pie-model.html#comments

rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MrDapper wrote: »
    DwXwW.jpg

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OMG, yes. I love this.

Bad Kitty on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Her hair is down, so I'm imagining this as some sort of mad delusion.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuHCYi1qI&

He's not finished with it entirely, but holy horseapples!

:o!

Goatmon on

• ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh good lord. That new Eurobeat Brony mix is absolutely awesome. I'm not really a big fan of Luna (though I expect to like her more when she shows up in season 2), but the song really captures what her character must feel. Reading through the youtube comments I saw that Eurobeat Brony, or rather as his other name Ken Blast has contributed to the Super Eurobeat mixes. Considering I just started tracking the albums down once he started mixing pony tracks, that's insane. I applaud you, Eurobeat Brony. I'm going to buy the SHIT out of your album once it's complete.

Zanshinretsu on
    My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh good lord. That new Eurobeat Brony mix is absolutely awesome. I'm not really a big fan of Luna (though I expect to like her more when she shows up in season 2), but the song really captures what her character must feel. Reading through the youtube comments I saw that Eurobeat Brony, or rather as his other name Ken Blast has contributed to the Super Eurobeat mixes. Considering I just started tracking the albums down once he started mixing pony tracks, that's insane. I applaud you, Eurobeat Brony. I'm going to buy the SHIT out of your album once it's complete.
    I like iamnotacleverpony a lot more, although that new piece was very good.

I guess we're going to be having Portal 2 pony comics for a long time.
    7fec56afc08a65a02fbe4420d2f7b38e.png
    And sad Dash :cry:
    d14e926a9576be3b043274c42c90fb32.png

Coinage on
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tank

Tank

fPyNF.jpg

Okami on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Saw it on GBfans. Great stuff! Guns aren't accurate though and Rainbow Dash's patch is on the wrong side (unless that's her Ponyville franchise patch).
    I don't actually give a horse-pie about accuracy though.

TankHammer on
  • The WorseThe Worse Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The story behind the gaga pony necklace is really cool. Lady Gaga owns.

The Worse on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There's a story? What is the story?

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • The WorseThe Worse Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Snakebite wrote:
    Lady Gaga was chief-editor of a Dutch news paper yesterday. Why is this relevant? Apparently a Dutch brony won a contest and was her assistant through the day. He made an MLP necklace and gave it to her, and she's been wearing it proudly ever since. :v: Apparently there are pictures of her wearing it at a press conference, and I'm currently looking it up.

I heard an interview with the guy over the phone on the radio (3FM) and he was talking about his day and how everything went and suddenly he started talking about My Little Pony... I was in the car with my mother and seriously, she thought I was going crazy. I laughed my ass off. :yay:

EDIT: Apparently Gaga was 'touched' by a letter he wrote to her. He also mentioned he was declined from an art school to which she replied 'fuck art school, you're getting a job'. Now he's going to design the covers of her upcoming singles. WAY TO GO BRONY!

The Worse on
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    fuck that's awesome

Okami on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2dalmhl.jpg

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited May 2011
    She looks like she's trying to fight back tears.

Rinzler on
    edited May 2011
    The girl, or the pony?

Goatmon on

edited May 2011
    The girl. The pony looks like it's being inexorably sucked into the cupcake.

Rinzler on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    First thing I thought of was the Achewood with the Mickey Mouse pancake.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
This discussion has been closed.