As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free Soda for all Humans! But for how long? (Steel Battallion 2011)

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in PAX Archive
Right, so seeing as how last year was super successful and I cannot for the life of me remember who was in charge of this shindig last year I figured I'd fire up a thread to see if this is gonna be happening again. If so, I have a spare Gen 1 controller I'm willing to donate to the cause and am willing to sign up to help run the event this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited May 2011
    I have not heard if its happening this year, but if it is the staff would come from the Enforcers. Which your welcome to apply to be. http://prime.paxsite.com/2011_PP_Enforcer.doc join ussssss

I would imagine they have enough controllers, or if not they would put a call out.

I do hope for another opportunity to teach the pig dogs a lesson.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The capitalist oppressors are lucky I will not be back to re-discipline them this year. I will just have to show someone else how to find the Earthshaker. :D

Farangu on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I still got your earthshaker, farangu.

it was very useful in the final matches :D

Im not sure what is going to happen... I'd love steel battallion to be back, but its up to maradine and his crew. I dont know how to contact him but here's hoping.

Its still early so who knows.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I still got your earthshaker, farangu.

it was very useful in the final matches :D

Im not sure what is going to happen... I'd love steel battallion to be back, but its up to maradine and his crew. I dont know how to contact him but here's hoping.

Its still early so who knows.

Aha, Maradine, that was that guy's name.

That Earthshaker was a beautiful, beautiful, and might I add, fucking hilarious engine of destruction.

"Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" *BZOT*

*frenzied hammering of beleagured old Steel Battallion controllers as all of the enemy team's mechs go dead*

Ahhh, good times.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TitanTitan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I'll need to know soon if this goes down so I can scoop up passes.... I'm not attending if no SB:LOC.

Titan on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Titan wrote: »
    Yeah I'll need to know soon if this goes down so I can scoop up passes.... I'm not attending if no SB:LOC.

Well.. it's expected that friday passes will sell out by today, and sunday passes won't be far behind. If you wait, you'll find your mind will be made up for you. :P

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for your concern SmallLady, i'll be just fine.

So any word boys?

Titan on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Titan wrote: »
    Thank you for your concern SmallLady, i'll be just fine.

So any word boys?

Hope you only plan on going Sunday silly goose.
    It's all thats left, enjoy the nice scalpers and their reasonable prices.

lol

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    Sammich[E]Sammich[E] Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    From what i've heard from mara, signs point to no metacampaign this year.

Sammich[E] on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Boo, and I had managed to score a Gen 1 controller for 30 bucks last year just to have something to lend to the cause this year too.

Oh well. There is a LAN center in my community that I may lend it to just so more people can experience the joys of SB. On the plus side I'll actually be able to, yanno, go to the rest of PAX since I won't be distracted with Cutter Booming scores of people to death. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It was a lot of fun. I don't think I got more psyched for a single gaming-related event in PAX than I did for the Steel Battalion competition. That was so much fun. (I guess my username headline suggests what side I was rooting for, heh ;) )

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hope you only plan on going Sunday silly goose.
    It's all thats left, enjoy the nice scalpers and their reasonable prices.

lol

Thanks for your concern, I will be just fine. When you assume you make a donkey out of ewe and me. ;)

Solid! I was looking forward to standing next to you in the field of battle again. Oh well!

Titan on
  • Options
    Kato_ArabelKato_Arabel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, that's disappointing. If we're not going to have a Meta-Campaign this year, what are we going to do?

I've been getting the Steel Battalion itch this afternoon, but my gaming rig is out of commission, and my TV tuner is broken; which means no SB for me. I'm actually in the process of upgrading my computer.

Actually, an idea came to me recently while I was walking home.

It'd be cool if someone did a Kickstarter campaign to produce a Steel Battalion derivative for the PC platform that uses multiple joysticks for control.

However, I don't know if anyone is going to be able to tackle such a challenge.

Kato_Arabel on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh well, Im still gonna go to PAX with my SB buttons and killsheets.

I'll figure someway to stack them into a tasteful display (their tin and cardboard for c-sakes)
    but it will probably be tacky and ego stroking on my part.

There's always next year.

Besides... this year I can go around and actually see what else is going on and spend some actual
    time in the expo instead of breezing through it and running back to SB. Maybe head to the boardgames
    and see whats going on, too.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh well, Im still gonna go to PAX with my SB buttons and killsheets.

I'll figure someway to stack them into a tasteful display (their tin and cardboard for c-sakes)
    but it will probably be tacky and ego stroking on my part.

There's always next year.

Besides... this year I can go around and actually see what else is going on and spend some actual
    time in the expo instead of breezing through it and running back to SB. Maybe head to the boardgames
    and see whats going on, too.

Haha, I had the same damn problem last year. I'd run through the expo hall during breaks but for the most part I spent much of last year's PAX sitting inside of a Jaralacc cockpit. We'll have to get some beers or something this year. Maybe have some sort of Steel Batallion Anonymous get together so we can all cope with our crippling addiction and how we can't get a fix this year.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    WizardWizard Registered User regular
    Wait, wait, no SB at East or Prime this year? (There wasn't any at East, I mean. And this news of there being none at Prime makes me a sad PAXer.)

2011, the year with no Steel Battalion. I hope for some delicious Line of Contact action in 2012.

• Options
    Gate28Gate28 Registered User regular
    I'll hold my breath until I go up to the console room into the cranny it was there last year and either find nothing or find somewhere I'm going to spend all of PAX.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sadness, Steel Battalion was amazing last year. I would be down with having a pilot's get together so we can reminiscence about that glorious campaign. Hell, maybe we'll go find another to mess around with people in. :D

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Hey guys!
    I think it's time for me to retire as a VT pilot. I have 2 SB controllers and before I send them out to the world wide webs, I thought I would give you guys a first crack at them.
    I have one first gen green controller and one second gen blue controller.
    Send me a pm for more details!

• Options
    Gate28Gate28 Registered User regular
    If we're going to be campaign-less, can we at least have some systems set up in the console room?

• Options
    just0nejust0ne Registered User regular
    Ultra Sadface! This was the best part of PAX last year. Bring it back! Bring it Back! *slowly starting chant* Bring it Back!!!!

• Options
    SpiraUnitedSpiraUnited Registered User regular
    If SB is set up anywhere, I'll find it! The final battle was easily the best part of PAX 2011. The planning...everyone cautiously waiting in that one room for some sign of the enemy...Potato Salad. Simply the best. I'll be wearing my pilot's card and old Behemoth ticket.

JohnStamos out.

• Options
    God, I will never live fucking potato salad down...
    It is the one thing I truly wish I didnt spout off the top of my head.

It was funny as hell when we field-tested the Earthshaker EMP out and the blues were like, "WTF is potato- WTF am I offline for?!"

While the Earthshaker is a truely awesome machine. I didnt like it so much because it was SO precious. There was only 1 Earthshaker card in a stack of about 1000 mech cards. If we ever have a campaign again, I'll hand it back to Farangu and take my Royal Dress N in heavy support of it.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    God, I will never live fucking potato salad down...
    I know if I fucked potato salad, I'd be hearing about it the rest of my life. :lol:

Ahh, the blues. Their complete lack of communications control got to be an interesting mixture of hilarious/kinda facepalm inducing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png