As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Mini-Phalla] of Ice and Fire: Game Over! Village/Bronn Victory!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not trying to be a dick, by the way, I'm just trying to figure out what's in the village's best interest at this point. Which includes keeping you alive if what you say is true, and killing you dead if what you say is not true. You can't really expect anything else from us. I don't expect anything to change, though, unless we see a lot of continued activity tonight.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tonight, vote and actions will close at 10PM as usual, and you won't hear a thing from me until tomorrow morning. Fair warning.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Tonight, vote and actions will close at 10PM as usual, and you won't hear a thing from me until tomorrow morning. Fair warning.

Morning in which time zone? In some time zones it is already tomorrow morning.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The only time zone that matters, in which I've been calling times since the game started: Eastern Standard

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The only time zone that matters, in which I've been calling times since the game started: Eastern Standard

:(

Drez on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Remember, everyone: Actions come before the vote...

My new best friend. 8-)

I did ask the host, "Can I win with the village?" -yes. That's not serial killer. That's something else. But since people are just so stubborn, they just keep on thinking:

"IT'S IN BLACK. HE MUST BE SERIAL KILLER!!!! HURRUMPH, HURRUMPH, HURRUMPH!" - wrong!

I have a list of three names. I know two of that are either seer or mafia. As a going away present, I'm willing to help those I feel deserve it.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    *hint, hint* usurper, even though my goal is to outlive you. It's not going to happen. So I'll willing to give you a better fighting chance. Honestly. It's just more fun that way. 33% chance I'll hit you if I don't know.

Oh and Cargo Culture. don't want that inactivus.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Falcon, planet, what's the difference?
    a player in the game and a player not in the game.
    Anyway, that's kind of an interesting response to what I said, especially since I was arguing to keep you alive. And I'm inclined to take it as confirmation that you aren't neutral, but are rather a SK. Spite? Please.
    More like neutral killer fun fun fun.
    Everything I said is correct - if your win condition allows you to win with the village, your only hope is to ally with us and help us win, tonight, or at least as quickly as possible.
    People see black, they are stubborn. It's not like anyone is changing their vote after saying I am already allied with you.

let fix this:
    Any other action would be [strike]lunacy[/strike] a lot of fun for you.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't feel like rubbing salt in wounds, so just go ahead and enjoy yourself there.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    1 minute. want to know who my kill is for?

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sure.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Vote closed, and CaptainPlanet chose PERFECTLY.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Don't tell them! It'll be a surprise!

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    (Tonight's the last night, by the way) And I'm staying to write the narration tonight after all.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You guys are bastards.

But then again, this is A Song of Ice and Fire.

edit: *raises eyebrow*

Drez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I totally forgot to switch the second mafia kill to Spoit for the luls. Sorry Raakam.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Vote closed, and CaptainPlanet chose PERFECTLY.

Huzzah!!! And I wasn't going to anyways.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    thorgot wrote: »
    I totally forgot to switch the second mafia kill to Spoit for the luls. Sorry Raakam.

Raakam was on my list of three. :P

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Drez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Nah, he's the seer.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Drez. You weren't being a dick at all.
    It's not my first phalla.
    It's not the first time I've been voted out.
    It's not the first time I was wrongly accused.

I've tell lies. only avoid stating the truth. I think tonight's results will be most entertaining to me.

Oh and black does not mean SK unless hosts tell lies.
    But if hosts tell lies, black does mean SK.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Nah, he's the seer.

And I'm the wildcard. hehee

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Getting me confused with CapFalcon is the only aggrievating thing. A lot of people do it so it's not just you. I would pick a new name if I could. I had this name way before I started Phalla.

But is there any way to do that without starting from scratch again? Has it ever been done before?

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You have to catch it in the first few hours the complaining forum is up, which happens like a couple times a year

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Theon Greyjoy got run through with a sword at some point during the day, and his corpse was unceremoniously thrown down a well. Nobody on the mainland liked him much anyway, and perhaps the Drowned God could retrieve him from the watery depths, yet.
    Robb Stark drank some poison and died, leaving poor Arya alone to face the terrors of the world as the last Stark standing.
    They found the stranger merely walking through the market. He was perfectly calm, not in any particular hurry, certainly not trying to escape. He went with the guards willingly, and allowed himself to be led to the royal throne room. A crowd stood assembled along the walls already, waiting to see the man stand for his crimes. Jaime Lannister stood before the Iron Throne, his hand resting on the hilt of a magnificent golden sword, and ordered for quiet.
    Jaqen H’ghar of Braavos: you stand accused of the murders of the Queen Cersei Lannister, and her son the Prince Joffrey Baratheon. Do you have anything to say in your defense?”
    The Faceless Man smiled, pondering the question. “I have words for you, Jaime Lannister, but not for the crowd. Come closer, if you please.”
    Jaime descended the steps and stopped a few feet from the assassin, trusting that the guards had bound his hands securely before him.
    “Kingslayer,” the assassin said, “it is not I you should fear.” His eyes rose pointedly to a spot behind and above Jaime, which is where the knight turned to look. His eyes fell upon Benjen Stark, his longbow in hand, an arrow already drawn unnoticed while the crowd watched the two men in the center of the throne room. Just as his mind began to process his next move, the Faceless Man threw his arms around Jaime’s neck from behind, bound at the wrist. The guards shouted as Benjen released his arrow, puncturing easily through first Jaime’s armor and then the soft flesh beneath. The Kingslayer collapsed and Jaqen H’ghar stumbled backwards, gasping as he looked down to see the front of his tunic covered in blood - the Kingslayer’s as well as his own where the arrow pierced. The guards and the crowd rushed in as the assassin fell down, dead. Jaime was rushed to the maester to be treated for his wound, but being run through with an arrow is simply one of those things a person does not come back from. He died from severe blood loss.
    Later that evening, the Silent Sisters came for the bodies. The maester led them to his chamber where they were laid out on low tables awaiting their departure and eventual burial - Jaime’s in the Lannister crypt, and the Faceless Man’s in an unmarked grave. The maester left them to their work, stepping outside. It was for this reason that the sisters were not even aware that they were disposing of Jaime Lannister’s body, as well as one of his family’s guards. And no one was the wiser.

Meanwhile, a man in a dark cloak was just leaving King’s Landing on horseback, destined for the ports west of the city.

The Deceased:
    Spoit(Jaime Lannister) - Shot through with an arrow
    Turkson(Theon Greyjoy) - Impaled on a golden sword
    Raakam(Robb Stark) - Dead of poison
    and as far as we shall know...
    CaptainPlanet82(Jaqen H’ghar) - Elected to die by the masses

GAME OVER: Village Victory!

The Victorious:
    Cargo Culture (Hodor)
    Mr. Defecation (Lord Commander Jeor Mormont)
    kuhlmeye (Arya Stark)
    Matev (Lysa Arryn)
    101 (Edmure Tully)
    Drez (Brynden Tully)
    oldmanken (Benjen Stark) (Village vigilante)

thorgot (Bronn the Sellsword) (Usurper guard turned neutral upon the death of his former employers)

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I apologize for the first two paragraphs of narration. I wasn't quite feeling inspired about their deaths.

I really really wanted CaptainPlanet to survive until the end.

godmode on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Boy was my evil radar off.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hahaha. I Aimed at Spoit. I knew that was happening.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Crap! We lost!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Welp. Here's the mafia board, thorgot needs to unlock it:
    http://usurpisurpweallsurp.proboards.com/index.cgi#general

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Theon Greyjoy got run through with a sword at some point during the day, and his corpse was unceremoniously thrown down a well. Nobody on the mainland liked him much anyway, and perhaps the Drowned God could retrieve him from the watery depths, yet.
    Robb Stark drank some poison and died, leaving poor Arya alone to face the terrors of the world as the last Stark standing.
    They found the stranger merely walking through the market. He was perfectly calm, not in any particular hurry, certainly not trying to escape. He went with the guards willingly, and allowed himself to be led to the royal throne room. A crowd stood assembled along the walls already, waiting to see the man stand for his crimes. Jaime Lannister stood before the Iron Throne, his hand resting on the hilt of a magnificent golden sword, and ordered for quiet.
    Jaqen H’ghar of Braavos: you stand accused of the murders of the Queen Cersei Lannister, and her son the Prince Joffrey Baratheon. Do you have anything to say in your defense?”
    The Faceless Man smiled, pondering the question. “I have words for you, Jaime Lannister, but not for the crowd. Come closer, if you please.”
    Jaime descended the steps and stopped a few feet from the assassin, trusting that the guards had bound his hands securely before him.
    “Kingslayer,” the assassin said, “it is not I you should fear.” His eyes rose pointedly to a spot behind and above Jaime, which is where the knight turned to look. His eyes fell upon Benjen Stark, his longbow in hand, an arrow already drawn unnoticed while the crowd watched the two men in the center of the throne room. Just as his mind began to process his next move, the Faceless Man threw his arms around Jaime’s neck from behind, bound at the wrist. The guards shouted as Benjen released his arrow, puncturing easily through first Jaime’s armor and then the soft flesh beneath. The Kingslayer collapsed and Jaqen H’ghar stumbled backwards, gasping as he looked down to see the front of his tunic covered in blood - the Kingslayer’s as well as his own where the arrow pierced. The guards and the crowd rushed in as the assassin fell down, dead. Jaime was rushed to the maester to be treated for his wound, but being run through with an arrow is simply one of those things a person does not come back from. He died from severe blood loss.
    Later that evening, the Silent Sisters came for the bodies. The maester led them to his chamber where they were laid out on low tables awaiting their departure and eventual burial - Jaime’s in the Lannister crypt, and the Faceless Man’s in an unmarked grave. The maester left them to their work, stepping outside. It was for this reason that the sisters were not even aware that they were disposing of Jaime Lannister’s body, as well as one of his family’s guards. And no one was the wiser.

Meanwhile, a man in a dark cloak was just leaving King’s Landing on horseback, destined for the ports west of the city.

The Deceased:
    Spoit(Jaime Lannister) - Shot through with an arrow
    Turkson(Theon Greyjoy) - Impaled on a golden sword
    Raakam(Robb Stark) - Dead of poison
    and as far as we shall know...
    CaptainPlanet82(Jaqen H’ghar) - Elected to die by the masses

GAME OVER: Village Victory!

The Victorious:
    Cargo Culture (Hodor)
    Mr. Defecation (Lord Commander Jeor Mormont)
    kuhlmeye (Arya Stark)
    Matev (Lysa Arryn)
    101 (Edmure Tully)
    Drez (Brynden Tully)
    oldmanken (Benjen Stark) (Village vigilante)

thorgot (Bronn the Sellsword) (Usurper guard turned neutral upon the death of his former employers)

quoting because i totally missed it down there

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Bahahah.

I knew you were a baddie, thorgot.

Well, good job CaptainPlanet82. And I'm sorry for fucking up your name.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    stever777 wrote: »
    Crap! We lost!

With the number of villagers left, and both me and thorgot under suspicion, a mafia win was unlikely for the past couple days anyway.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    usurpin' boards: http://usurpisurpweallsurp.proboards.com

Like I said to oldmanken, this game should be a lesson for future gamecrafters: Do not give the mafia someone who can a) win with the village and b) has a self-guard.

Oldmanken contacted me after he tried to attack me day one and failed (I was secretly guarding myself every day instead of Spoit, our vigilante). Voila, instant network with "seer" being me feeding him names, one by one.

Since I could only die if I was voted out, I realized I had to have the "network" head on my side from the get-go. So I sided with the village, the only entity which could kill me.

If oldmanken hadn't contacted me, I would have "seered" someone at random and started a "network".

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pfft, killing me for me spreadsheet

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    aka CASTLE AND LORDSHIP PLEASE

bronn-1024x681.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    stever777 wrote: »
    Crap! We lost!

Well, on the plus side, I won.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    usurpin' boards: http://usurpisurpweallsurp.proboards.com

Like I said to oldmanken, this game should be a lesson for future gamecrafters: Do not give the mafia someone who can a) win with the village and b) has a self-guard.

Oldmanken contacted me after he tried to attack me day one and failed (I was secretly guarding myself every day instead of Spoit, our vigilante). Voila, instant network with "seer" being me feeding him names, one by one.

Since I could only die if I was voted out, I realized I had to have the "network" head on my side from the get-go. So I sided with the village, the only entity which could kill me.

If oldmanken hadn't contacted me, I would have "seered" someone at random and started a "network".

Ouch.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I could really win with the village too. But I just knew. I knew. That no one would believe kills in black were not SK. Thank god I didn't call my kill day 1. Hahaa

If the usurpers would have contacted me, I would have been a silly goose and helped since my death was final already.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    With the number of villagers left, and both me and thorgot under suspicion, a mafia win was unlikely for the past couple days anyway.

Never lose hope!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1