As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An "Invisible" Rapture? Clever Girl

• Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like how people are actually taking this guy seriously enough to bother to refute him. He's doing numerology. It used to be, somebody would just say "hey, this dude is a numerologist", and we'd all just ignore him quietly.

I propose we do that.

Now, who wants to come to my party?

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Coinage wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    the one forum i read w/ any regularity on sa got shutdown like less than a week ago so whoops there goes my 10bux
    They closed down a whole subforum? That seems kind of drastic. Which one was it?

Was it the one with the My Little Ponys?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LF, and mostly because A) they bucked the right-wing common sense of the rest of the forum a lil too often and that made the Debate and Discourse mods buttangry

B) they got the secret service to subpoena lowtax for threatening to murder the president, lmao.

I think B might be a little weightier than A...

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The internet is megaboring tonight.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LF, and mostly because A) they bucked the right-wing common sense of the rest of the forum a lil too often and that made the Debate and Discourse mods buttangry

B) they got the secret service to subpoena lowtax for threatening to murder the president, lmao.
    I'm not very involved with SA, so LF doesn't mean much to me, but B) is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
    BYToady wrote: »
    Was it the one with the My Little Ponys?
    The pony thread was killed months ago. Apparently some of the SA posters are still bitter about that, but I understand why the mods killed it, many of the posts were fairly low content (other than the insane amount of work some people did making animated gif avatars). I'm actually glad they did, I wouldn't have a Mlponies.com to post on if they hadn't.

Coinage on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sounds fishy to me. Might be a rich white male conspiracy. You might wanna check into that.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Speaking of gay rights stuff my girlfriend went to go buy a short from the FCKH8 website and after placing her order figured out that the shipping place is literally down the street from our house.

So now I'm wondering if I could just walk over there and buy a shirt.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I like reading interesting Ask/Tell threads and the occasional Let's Play on Something Awful. For every awesome poster with great stories or interesting subject-matter there's 10 people who can only gain notoriety by trolling and 1,000 people who get really scary-intense about very specific subject-matter, but it's the internet and they have a huge forum-population so what can you do?

I'm just thankful that forum introduced me to Research Indicates and his sultry baritone.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't really get Let's Plays

but I also don't get unboxing videos

diff'rent strokes

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish 10:30 left me with enough time to really settle down with a game and play it. Oh well, rapture time.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Sometimes I'm interested in the story or style of a video game but I have no interest in playing it

I'll look up a LP

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I like restupurae

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How to make the internet not boring tonight?

Watch the Newt Gingrich failure cascade.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Speaking of gay rights stuff my girlfriend went to go buy a short from the FCKH8 website and after placing her order figured out that the shipping place is literally down the street from our house.

So now I'm wondering if I could just walk over there and buy a shirt.

It depends.

If it's just the shipping place, probably not since they won't be able to take the order and process payment on-site. On the up-side, that means you'll get the shirt very quickly if you order it.

If the actual business that sells the shirts is on the premises, then you should be able to, but that may not be the case.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I heard he got glitter thrown all over him

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    I remember a Sunday school teacher telling me, when I maybe five or six, that every married couple that gets to heaven gets their own place to live near god, and near all of their Christian friends from life.

*read bible* This makes no fucking sense hell no I don't want to spend eternity floating around the throne of god singing his praises that is ass.

Christianity has the worst afterlife myth of all time.

Don't you want to be living in heaven serving god all day? Then just hang out in the clouds? Walking around really. I wonder if we lose the ability to be self aware and free will because that does sound tremendously unproductive. There's gotta be more to do

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

diff'rent strokes
    Some LPs can be unbelievably creative (Have you ever read the Oregon Trail and Animal Crossing ones?), but generally I agree with you, although I don't have much interest in video games these days. Unboxing videos are a complete mystery to me as well.

Coinage on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well that

also his campaign spokesman gave this huge metaphorical speech about Newt climbing from "the ashes" and being a Washington Outsider.

Weaver on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I always hoped that the afterlife was exactly like Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I remember a Sunday school teacher telling me, when I maybe five or six, that every married couple that gets to heaven gets their own place to live near god, and near all of their Christian friends from life.

*read bible* This makes no fucking sense hell no I don't want to spend eternity floating around the throne of god singing his praises that is ass.

Don't you want to be living in heaven serving god all day? Then just hang out in the clouds? Walking around really. I wonder if we lose the ability to be self aware and free will because that does sound tremendously unproductive. There's gotta be more to do

scripture states that after judgement you will be remade without your Earthly desires and will sing the praises of god well, eternally.

In ages before, death was kind of a toss up between being in the light of creation or in the absence of that light.

Basically don't root for Shinji.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I felt likewise when I was little :?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    There's another thing to tell all of your friends and family. According to your beliefs, judgement day hasn't happened yet, nobody except the explicit biblical mentions are in heaven or hell yet.

Yeah, your mom is still waiting right there in the dirt.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

diff'rent strokes
    Some LPs can be unbelievably creative (Have you ever read the Oregon Trail and Animal Crossing ones?), but generally I agree with you, although I don't have much interest in video games these days. Unboxing videos are a complete mystery to me as well.

Unboxing videos are kinda strange to me but I find myself enjoying a lot of them. However, I doubt I'm enjoying them for the reasons the producers of the videos intended. Something about droning, detailed monotone about a boring subject-matter that I have little to no interest in puts me in a very relaxed mental-state. It's that comfortable half-sleep feeling you have when waking up in the morning. I just let my mind go blank as some kid goes on and on about scented candles or a pimple-faced hobgoblin talks about his expensive, decorative sword as his mother holds the camera.
    I like half-listening to descriptions of Japanese toys compared to their Chinese knockoff counterparts and college students in hushed tones narrate literally every thought going through their head as they try to use a butter knife stolen from the cafeteria to pry open a dented cardboard box of anime statuettes.

I hope one day medical science can diagnose my condition and learn from it.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Weaver you are being kind of a huge goose here

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »

diff'rent strokes

Unboxing videos are kinda strange to me but I find myself enjoying a lot of them. However, I doubt I'm enjoying them for the reasons the producers of the videos intended. Something about droning, detailed monotone about a boring subject-matter that I have little to no interest in puts me in a very relaxed mental-state. It's that comfortable half-sleep feeling you have when waking up in the morning. I just let my mind go blank as some kid goes on and on about scented candles or a pimple-faced hobgoblin talks about his expensive, decorative sword as his mother holds the camera.
    I like half-listening to descriptions of Japanese toys compared to their Chinese knockoff counterparts and college students in hushed tones narrate literally every thought going through their head as they try to use a butter knife stolen from the cafeteria to pry open a dented cardboard box of anime statuettes.

I actually get this too, although not so much with unboxing videos

hearing a regular person talking with great enthusiasm about a pet obsession that I do not share is really enjoyable, though

it gives me a funny little pleasurable headache at the back of my head

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

scripture states that after judgement you will be remade without your Earthly desires and will sing the praises of god well, eternally.

In ages before, death was kind of a toss up between being in the light of creation or in the absence of that light.

Basically don't root for Shinji.

19189974.jpg

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    edited May 2011
    there's a spectrum of disorders that describes just that

I was just going to blame my parents or the pediatrician I had until I was a teenager who spoke like Agent Smith from the Matrix.

Is it something I should be medicated for?

Better-yet, is there a way for me to experience that hypnotic, blank-minded contentment without having to seek these videos out? You seem to know more than I.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

am I missing something or is he not allowed to have opinions

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

diff'rent strokes

hearing a regular person talking with great enthusiasm about a pet obsession that I do not share is really enjoyable, though

Like, just at the top of the spine and a little bit around the top of the jaw-line?

I know I've spoken to other people about this thing who've had it too.

Before there was YouTube I experienced this by watching a comic book guy on public access talk about his collection. I think it must have something to do with hearing the naked enthusiasm coming from a person without focusing at all on the actual subject-matter, but it only works if their voice is kinda flat.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I've been topical, and following the direction of the conversation. If you have a problem with my observations then you better cough something up because I'll have you in front of the DA before-

whoops

too much LA Noire

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

diff'rent strokes

Like, just at the top of the spine and a little bit around the top of the jaw-line?

I know I've spoken to other people about this thing who've had it too.

Before there was YouTube I experienced this by watching a comic book guy on public access talk about his collection. I think it must have something to do with hearing the naked enthusiasm coming from a person without focusing at all on the actual subject-matter, but it only works if their voice is kinda flat.

top of the spine is where it's really strong, sometimes it is top of the jaw-line but usually, if it goes out of the top of the spine, it moves towards the front of my head along the top

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I was just going to blame my parents or the pediatrician I had until I was a teenager who spoke like Agent Smith from the Matrix.

Better-yet, is there a way for me to experience that hypnotic, blank-minded contentment without having to seek these videos out? You seem to know more than I.

it was an autism joke

"autism joke"
    "transsexual joke"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Yeah I don't think he is being a goose at all. He is stating the things he believes. I don't see him being a dick to anybody for believing differently.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I only get my gaming reviews from these guys

http://www.somethingawful.com/series/20.php

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    YoSoy, Atreus,

Thanks.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

it was an autism joke

"autism joke"
    "transsexual joke"

though my joke was tasteless they aren't comparable even on a diagnostic level

autism is a disability

Austism isn't a choice, Koshian. Stop contributing to a culture where autistic children are beaten and bullied everyday.

TankHammer on
This discussion has been closed.