As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines] Sequel incoming! (Q1 2020)

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    Do you mean D2D? I don't think Vampire has been on sale on Steam for three years.

Oh yes do believe you are right.

Are they as good as Gog in making sure games work right when you start them from day one? Steam isn't as good for older games and got no clue about any other sources.

GOG's the only one that does that, but Vampire really isn't that old and its problems have nothing to do with age.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    There are only 2 games you need to play.

Vampire the Masquerade and LA: Noire

After that, play any game you think you want to play.

So, not Deus Ex?

To be honest, I've never played it. I've never had a computer that could play it.

I don't understand this statement. Have you never had a computer? Any computer that can run VtM:B can run DX easily. Computers that were midrange in 1997 could play Deus Ex comfortably when it came out in 2000.

Dhalphir on
  • UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, I wish my computer could run both DX and VtMB. Instead I have to sacrifice thousands of orphaned children every minute* just to get the latter to run on 64-bit Windows.

*This is hyperbole. I only have to sacrifice hundreds**.
    **I actually just have to excise most of my system's RAM. I am aware of the 64-bit patch but it doesn't work for me.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    Do you mean D2D? I don't think Vampire has been on sale on Steam for three years.

Oh yes do believe you are right.

Are they as good as Gog in making sure games work right when you start them from day one? Steam isn't as good for older games and got no clue about any other sources.

GOG's the only one that does that, but Vampire really isn't that old and its problems have nothing to do with age.
    This is one of my problems with steam. I've bought 2 games now that I cannot get to run, and both are older games. There might be others, but my backlog is so huge I haven't even installed some of them.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    There are only 2 games you need to play.

Vampire the Masquerade and LA: Noire

After that, play any game you think you want to play.

So, not Deus Ex?

To be honest, I've never played it. I've never had a computer that could play it.

I don't understand this statement. Have you never had a computer? Any computer that can run VtM:B can run DX easily. Computers that were midrange in 1997 could play Deus Ex comfortably when it came out in 2000.

Ok, so I may of had a computer that could run Deus Ex, but I was playing VtM:B and I didn't think about Deus Ex. Hell, I haven't even said the name until I saw the video for the new one coming out and I had a nerd-gasm.

samurai6966 on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pre-order the new one! you get the first one for free and it will help pass the time until the new one is out!

Dhalphir on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    pre-order the new one! you get the first one for free and [strike]it will help pass the time until the new one is out![/strike] it is the best game.
    Fixed that for you.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I got Deus Ex and it runs fine on my laptop. It's just pissy about turning off...

samurai6966 on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I may try a Toreador for my next playthrough.

Sir Carcass on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    An augmented Toreador?

Jintor on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My vision is augmented

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Toreador's are fun if you don't mind focusing on guns, because that's what they're best at. Also, Celerity is the best power in the game... but a few classes have that.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, was going to go guns with it.

Man, so many games, so little time.

Sir Carcass on
  • AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like being a wizard

Are there wizard vampires in this?

Agahnim on
    2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
    edited May 2011
    Tremere

Sir Carcass on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Toreador's are fun if you don't mind focusing on guns, because that's what they're best at. Also, Celerity is the best power in the game... but a few classes have that.

Toreador are just as viable in melee too. Celerity + Presence = I Win button.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tremere is pretty fun, and you get more interactions with Strauss, who is awesome.

Aistan on
    edited May 2011
    Just bought it.

This better be worth it!

Agahnim on
    2.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You, sir, are in for a treat.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm doing a lady Ventrue run right now, going with guns over melee for the first time. I was going to pick Toreador but speed boost didn't sound that hot on paper. At least with fortitude and presence I can take a whole lot of punishment without breaking a sweat.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited May 2011
    It's not so much a speed boost as it is bullet time.

Only with a severed human arm or garden implement in hand.

VrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrbuddabuddabuddaCHOPCHOPCHOP CRACK CRUNCH SHLOPSHLOPSHLOPSHLOPSHLOP:whistle:

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Nevermind, I got it. Get ready for a blood sucking magic wielding sum'bitch!

Agahnim on
    2.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Welcome to the Pyramid. Enjoy the vaulderie. :P

I'm considering Brujah or Gangrel, myself. Probably Gangrel for Beckett.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2011
    Agahnim wrote: »
    Just bought it.

This better be worth it!

Ah, to be able to experience this for the first time again. Lucky!

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Agahnim wrote: »
    Nevermind, I got it. Get ready for a blood sucking magic wielding sum'bitch!
    I want an update. I've never played this and I'm considering it as well.

anoffday on
  • skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thread puts a damn smile on my face.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Must . . . Not . . . Reinstall.

Gnnnnnnaaaaaaaaa.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I don't understand you people. It's an awesome game, yet you fight the urge to reinstall it?

How do you think I feel? I'm fighting the urge to spend 20 bucks.

anoffday on
    edited May 2011
    The trouble is that every time I do it I lose twenty hours of my life to a story I already know by heart.

But I love it so.

I still recall my first time, I didn't go to class for a week. Never regretted that.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    I don't understand you people. It's an awesome game, yet you fight the urge to reinstall it?

And you'll get your money's worth six times over.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've never played this game before.

I found out that Jeanette is voiced by Grey Delisle.

I want to purchase this game six years ago.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    edited May 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »

See, I don't know.

Has anyone ever played and loved this despite not being into vampires...like at all?

anoffday on
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »

See, I don't know.

Has anyone ever played and loved this despite not being into vampires...like at all?

Right here.

I dunno why I got it originally. I had a boxed copy years ago, lost it in a move and then got it on Steam. I'm not into vampires but playing through it made me feel like I was playing Mass Effect before Mass Effect was Mass Effect. It is an ace of a game, if buggy. Which is fixable via patches or you can say fuck it, save every 10 min and grit your teeth. I never encountered a bug that totally killed my game, just a reloaded save.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
    edited May 2011

Yes. This was exactly my view. I regarded the whole vampire genre as shallow or embarrassing in the line of Anne Rice and Twilight. Had no experience with White Wolf, and still don't really want to, but Vampire is a fucking excellent game if you like writing, plot, or characterization in the slightest.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited May 2011
    I got into vampires because of VTMB. And even then, it was pretty much just WoD until I got sick of it.

Jintor on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I never have to fight the urge to reinstall, it's permanently on my hard drive.

It is about that time of year again, though... when i'm done with New Vegas i'll do another runthrough. I think Gangrel this time.

Aistan on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I never really understood the complaint about the end-game. yeah, it is combat heavy, but in RPGs, I'm used to having a little combat skill, as you usually have to fight sometimes. I might be biased caused I started as a Gangrel, but if I remember correctly you can easily be a smooth talking bad-ass and still be proficient at one combat ability. Of course first time through you aren't probably thinking of that, but it is possible.

Actually, I think picking firearms is the easiest way in the long run, as you never really run into anything you can't handle. Compared to Melee or unarmed LATE GAME SPOILERS
    where fighting the giant slug or the Sherriff can be more difficult with melee or unarmed. The slug fight was probably my hardest fight as a gangrel. I had to unload on her with a flamethrower, cause she just absorbs claw damage it seems.

never die on
    edited May 2011
    I bought the game(and a new PC for said game) because of my familiarity with V:TM, so I'm kind of an exception there. :P

I never was able to play Redemption when it came out, because it was way beyond my computer at the time.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2011
    Great, now I'm reading nWoD pdfs

thanks a lot, thread

Jintor on
    edited May 2011
    Masquerade's the best gateway drug.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.