As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SMT Imagine] An actual new area: see Beezlebub for details.

1323334353638»

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Nimble prefix denotes that it's a "mount" pet.

That means that it's very bad for combat. But you can use the ring on it.

The ring loses durability by a point or so each time you use it. You can repair it. But if you're just starting out (And thus don't have easy access to hyper/repair kits. Where can you buy them for for Macca, by the way?) it can get damn expensive to use one consistently. Especially when you consider that most of the places you want to travel too are within a ten minute walk.

Edit: Also, the 700 dollar price tag on the Matador is a bit inflated, actually.

Remember that the lowest tier reward on the current "Cream of the Crop" mystery box reward for sale is about 20ish Hacked Alpha Chips.

Blow fifty bucks, and you're already 1/3 of the way there, most likely, to getting it. Either by selling the chips (They go for alot. One chip is worth about 100K. An essence, by comparison is worth maybe half that.) or by running the dungeon, reaping the rewards, selling them off, and getting your essences the conventional way.

One thing I like about this game is that it really rewards a bit of research and clever thinking.

Edit: Learned about modifications today. Get a Cabinet Pro, and go buy some cheap (30 macca, tops.) items in Home 3, and you can boost pretty much any weapon with the right slot up by several stats.

Archonex on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Im just lazy and want an alice, but if the ring is such a money sink, sounds crap.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Im just lazy and want an alice, but if the ring is such a money sink, sounds crap.

Alice isn't too bad. I haven't spent a single AP on Hacked Chip Alphas and I'm at 170 or so Essences. 130 more and I'll have a regular Alice, not just the Joyful one. Granted, it helps that I had a bunch of items I could sell off.

Darklyre on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ok, so I have a level 28 char, but I think I'll join up on the "starting again" train.

Char's name is Tchel.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Megaten is awesome once you figure out how to make the game work to your advantage. Like, I gotta level Demonology Expertise, I can do that by fusing demons or by offering items to demons out in the wild. To fuse demons I have to contract them, which I can do by offering them items.

So now I'm just running around offering items to demons and when my depository is full I fuse them all together. When demons react to my offerings they either attack, disappear, join me or leave an item. This item is often half a stack of the items I offer to them. It's an amazingly smooth grind, all things considered.

Aldo on
    edited April 2011
    Just so you folks know, if BlackSun is still dead, I have a fairly active (And new.) guild, comprised of friends from another game.

We've got about a dozen people now, and by the end of the day it should be a dozen and a half and rising, given where i'm recruiting from. Still, we'd welcome more folks who are active.

That should alleviate some of the mid-game grinding woes, if you're at that point where that's starting to become a problem.

If anyone's interested, the guild name is Reason. It's named after the Reasons of Nocturne.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Reason

We're LAW aligned, meaning you can pick up a Messian Traesto Stone once a day for a free trip to Arcadia, too. You can either sign up in-game. Use the terminal to sign up, or contact me, and i'll hunt you down as best I can to invite you.

If you want to contact me in-game, the name's Lorres.

Let me tell you, it was a bitch and a half getting that license, too. Apparently factional (IE: any aligned city that gives bonuses for being aligned.) licenses are double the price of bonus-less licenses, and are a bit off the beaten track to obtain.

Archonex on
    edited April 2011
    Archonex, what level range are you guys in? My current clan has a few 90+ and some more 60+ guys and they really don't mind helping me out whenever I need help, so I'm reluctant to leave them for a kin that might just end up grinding to a halt because no one can pull others forward.

Aldo on
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Archonex, what level range are you guys in? My current clan has a few 90+ and some more 60+ guys and they really don't mind helping me out whenever I need help, so I'm reluctant to leave them for a kin that might just end up grinding to a halt because no one can pull others forward.

They're all pretty green (Except for Aja and me.), so most of them are in the 10-20 range.

However, we're power leveling them up, and i'm personally teaching all the players from the other game about how the game works while using a twinked out, new character. So they're learning/leveling fast.

Mostly, we're a place to hang out and socialize while grinding. And to get a group for new players, fairly easily.

I don't think we have much of a chance of dying off. I can't say why without potentially risking breaking a forum rule. But be safe in knowing that it's not a likely thing.

Though as we get more higher level players, I imagine we can spare more for hard-core power-leveling runs through Suginami, or gold runs.

Archonex on
    edited April 2011
    Old Ichigaya Camp Gold runs is where it's at. :D

I'll stick to my current clan, they're pretty swell.

Aldo on
    edited April 2011
    Suginami Ultimate Orb runs are what i'm doing.

Four level 10's and one 80 versus the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

The "oh shit!" reaction from the newbies (Especially those that played Nocturne.) when they first spawn in, in that cinematic is pretty awesome.

I need to find the Hell Biker dungeon spawn-in. Apparently, when you do Ultimate Orb bosses, there's a chance they drop their fusion plug-in on defeat. Which means you can theoretically fuse Hell Biker without getting essences, and possibly get the Horsemen, too.

Archonex on
    edited April 2011
    Oooooh. :o Haven't been down there yet.

The past few days I've been slowly (sloooowly) leveling Demonology. I need it at 2 for SS, but I think I'm going to level it beyond that at some point. It seems like one of the most useful expertises out there.

Aldo on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This game is unplayable on my laptop =( I cant see anything, my character takes up the entire screen almost and i cant zoom out any further.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    edited May 2011
    What resolution is your screen? D:

Aldo on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I use a 1080 monitor on my laptop and I have to say, at max settings, the game is pretty bad with screen real-estate. It makes me a little sad with how close the camera is.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did you edit the game to actually run at 1920x1080?

I have 0 issues with the UI taking up too much room, or the camera being too close.

Amikron Devalia on
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't mind the camera zooming out further. The more overview the better.

Aldo on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oooooh. :o Haven't been down there yet.

The past few days I've been slowly (sloooowly) leveling Demonology. I need it at 2 for SS, but I think I'm going to level it beyond that at some point. It seems like one of the most useful expertises out there.

A build you could try is to max out Shot, Gun Knowledge, and Demonology, and get the minimum prereqs for Magic Bullet (Shot and Gun Knowledge will be enough to max this chain expertise). That should get you enough sheer damage to oneshot most regular demons.

Darklyre on
    edited May 2011
    Darklyre wrote: »
    A build you could try is to max out Shot, Gun Knowledge, and Demonology, and get the minimum prereqs for Magic Bullet (Shot and Gun Knowledge will be enough to max this chain expertise). That should get you enough sheer damage to oneshot most regular demons.
    Yea, I'm going for those 3 and Magic Control.

Aldo on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Archonex wrote: »
    My Archangel appears to call down a huge fucking lightning strike from heaven to smite my foes when I do his fusion attack. Fuck yeah.

Heck, even my pixie is pretty badass. She just chain-heals everyone to full HP.

You should check out Alice's. Meteo Crash is bloody ridiculous. It's like calling down the fist of God. It annihilates everything it touches (yay Almighty). I haven't even seen what Purest Prestige, the stronger version of Meteo Crash, looks like yet.

I already have some plans made to get Meteo Crash. I just need to get my grubby fingers on an almighty capable demon, and i'll be good to go. As far as I can tell, it's the only feasible way to get an almighty based caster outside of some really tough to find gear choices.

So far, my main line-up is literally one-shotting silver tier Suginami bosses with my angel's lightning smite attack. And potentially, once I test this next fusion attack, my Dragon God's force vacuum.

Also looking at the rebirth system. What is the bonus, exactly, for rebirthing a demon of the same type? I can't find any mention of it. But it seems like a way to super-charge a demon you're particularly fond of.

Rebirth in a nutshell.

Rebirthing boosts your demon's stats depending on what type you change them to. Each time you rebirth it into a type, that type level increases by one, which affects the starting statistics of the demon in question. Every time you rebirth a demon, it keeps any and all stat boosts it previously had.

For example, if you have a Jack Frost, whose growth is Hagalaz, then at level 1 Hagalaz you'd have the base stats. If, however, you rebirthed the Jack Frost, each time using Hagalaz runestones, then you'd eventually end up at level 9 Hagalaz, which gives the Jack Frost a starting bonus of +16 to both the CLS-R and Spell stats. Should you then rebirth the Jack Frost to a level 9 Peorth, then the Jack Frost would have both the level 9 Peorth and level 9 Hagalaz starting bonuses, for a total of +16 to CLS-R and +48 to Spell. As you can probably tell, rebirthing makes for some seriously overpowered demons.

You can do an almighty-based caster pretty easily, actually. The upgrade items needed for almighty damage boosting isn't too expensive. The main problem is the MP and magnetite cost (Megidoraon costs 80 MP and 200 mag per shot). You can throw Almighty spells onto other demons readily as long as you're willing to grind them to the level required to learn the spell.

I only recall there being the Alice event, has she been gettable some other way now?

I'd totally play again if she was. I stopped because I missed getting her.

There were three Alice events, actually. The first time was a contest which ended up with a few gaining the regular Alice. The second and third times were promotions that gave away Joyful Alice vouchers. Joyful Alice suffers from -20% XP gain, but boosts your own Strength, Speed, Magic, and Luck by +5.

A regular Alice can still be obtained, but you need 300 Essences of Yetzirah to unlock her plugin. Essences can only be obtained by completing a Hack Chip Alpha, which is a special dungeon that can only be bought for 75 AP each (though prices are now at 70-80k macca per chip and slightly less for essences).

The special demon plugins all cost an increasing number of essences. Little Devil Lilim costs 70, Girimehkala 150, Alice 300, Matador 500, Hell Biker 750, and Mara 800. This, however, is INCREDIBLY deceptive. You see, Matador sounds like he only costs 500 Essences, but the problem is that to FUSE Matador you need a trifusion of Girimehkala, Alice, and Loa. As you can see, that actually increases Matador's true cost to a ridiculous 950 essence. At $1 per 100 AP, and at 75 AP per chip, that works out to over $700 for Matador.

I didnt realize that there were different alices. I have the Joyful Alice one.o_O I dont recall how i got it though.

When do you guys play? My In game name is Adalade. I havent logged in much, i dont really remember how to play to be honest. Apparently i am rich though.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    edited May 2011
    I switch between this and LOTRO. I'm usually online in the evenings (GMT+1).

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    So just a heads up, but it looks like another major content update is going live.

It looks like some sort of anniversary event, mixed with new content that's been translated from the Japanese version. Namely, a new dungeon, and a series of quests, though the details are vague.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1189399

Server's been down all day, as a result.

Archonex on
    edited May 2011
    So just a heads up, but it looks like another major content update is going live.

It looks like some sort of anniversary event, mixed with new content that's been translated from the Japanese version. Namely, a new dungeon, and a series of quests, though the details are vague.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1189399

Server's been down all day, as a result.
    That new dungeon is a *solo* dungeon and according to the thread it deflated Mag prices to the point of redundancy on the JP servers.

The rest of the thread is just discussing the effects this will have on the economy. Which is rather relevant to us, because everyone needs good items that are only sold by players or in the cash shop. I'd rather they discuss gameplay changes or whatever.

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    There's a rebate promotion going on and there's a 1st time spender deal: http://megaten.aeriagames.com/news/21033/first-time-spender-tier-promotion-brand-new-5-12

That one is well worth your money. You can spend AP on anything you find useful (say...Demon Depository) and you'll receive the listed items in your in-game mail. The stuff you receive is quite decent and if you don't want a particular item you can trade it in Babel for a few 100k.

Aldo on
    edited May 2011
    I think they finally released the new patch properly: http://megaten.aeriagames.com/node/1830

Aldo on