As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nectar Gryphon

McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
edited June 2007 in Artist's Corner
I whipped up this little dude tonight. A wee gryphon in the same vein as this guy I did a while ago.
gryphon2.jpg

website_header.jpg
McGibs on

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ^^, small cute hybrid creatures make my day.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    PixiefacePixieface Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That is particularly awesome. The combination of creatures works so well! Damn, I really want to paint that realistically now... XD Or try! I'd borrow your lineart, but I won't do such a thing without your sayso!

Beautiful lines, man - and composition-wise your eye is spot on. Very nice work. :D

Pixieface on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Instead of the iage I just get a question mark in a blue box, what does this blue box of question marks mean?

Johannen on
  • Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is that on canvas? In that case, what tools did you use?

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    photoshop with a texture.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The canvas needs to go—it just doesn’t fit the style of art. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous little thing.

supabeast on
  • Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    supabeast wrote: »
    The canvas needs to go—it just doesn’t fit the style of art. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous little thing.

I disagree. I think it fits the style pretty great.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    I'm pretty sure that the texture works for this piece. This is a subjective matter, though.

Grifter on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The thin lines and slightly washed out colours do look old oriental style, so i think the rather strong presence of texture and slight colour wash work wonders.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    couch-potatocouch-potato Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fucking gorgeous.

couch-potato on
    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. "
    -Stephen Hawking