As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass 3ffect: 2012

• Oedipus_RexOedipus_Rex We aren't.. related right?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Captain Nemo, that is just.....wow i'm speecheless at the epicness of that video.

Oedipus_Rex on
    steam_sig.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fits well with Shepards new melee abilities. :P

manwiththemachinegun on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It amazes me that people are just now seeing that video. It was made roughly 30 seconds after those trailers were shown.

Tamin on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arth wrote: »
    Grabbed Bring down the Sky and Pinnacle Station for my inaugural FemShep run. Also will be playing through on Hardcore for kicks. I'm thinking Infiltrator. Still need to pick up Overlord and Arrival before I replay ME2.

NOOOOOOOO
    Unless you want achievables there is literally no reason to play through pinnacle station. And I cannot imagine attempting it on hardcore.

Renegade Wolf on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Damn it Shepard, that medigel aint free ya know!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It has that one bad ass line

"Well Shepard, what are you wagering with?"

"My life."

Dox the PI on
    edited May 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Seth Green wrote:
    Recorded my first 4 hours- 8 to go. No spoilers, but it's even better than you think. #MassEffect3

Looking back on this

I wonder if this means 8 more hours or 8 more sessions?

Dox the PI on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Seth Green wrote:
    Recorded my first 4 hours- 8 to go. No spoilers, but it's even better than you think. #MassEffect3

Looking back on this

I wonder if this means 8 more hours or 8 more sessions?

Pretty sure it's hours. I think 32 more hours of recording might be abit excessive.

Renegade Wolf on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    It amazes me that people are just now seeing that video. It was made roughly 30 seconds after those trailers were shown.

Hey, when that realization dawns on them, it dawns in fire!

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    mass_effect_avatar.jpg

I deemed this worthy of sharing. I feel much more accomplished when scanning now.

Elixir on
    ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

edited May 2011
    ME2___Hey_ladies_by_Catloafini.jpg

is the best ME comic

Dox the PI on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's ...pretty old elixir

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Replaying ME1 really brings into focus how much better ME2's combat is, however... biotics are just so much more fun in ME1. Once you hit a high enough level, you're basically unstoppable.

"Mwahhahaahahahahahah! Kneel before me foolish fools! Submit to my divine biotic power! I Will be your new god! My power will topple empires! The galaxy will be reshaped by my will! And then all will love me, and despair!"

Ad astra on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ad astra wrote: »
    ME2's combat is leagues ahead of ME1's, but... biotics are just so much more fun in ME1. Once you hit a high enough level, you're basically unstoppable.

"Mwahhahaahahahahahah! Kneel before me foolish fools! Submit to my divine biotic power! I Will be your new god! My power will topple empires! the galaxy will be reshaped by my will! All will love me, and despair!"

ME2 has biotic charge.

Advantage ME2.

chiasaur11 on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Ad astra wrote: »
    ME2's combat is leagues ahead of ME1's, but... biotics are just so much more fun in ME1. Once you hit a high enough level, you're basically unstoppable.

"Mwahhahaahahahahahah! Kneel before me foolish fools! Submit to my divine biotic power! I Will be your new god! My power will topple empires! the galaxy will be reshaped by my will! All will love me, and despair!"

ME2 has biotic god.

Advantage ME2.

Jazz on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That fucking song was playing on the radio at toys r us the other day. The whole time I was there all I could think of was playing Mass Effect.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Finished off the last few achievements I was missing (insanity, Brawler, Tactician, the Arrival stuff) yesterday.

Some thoughts (spoiler-tagging them because I see someone is playing through for the first time)
    - Joker and EDI are still great, and all of their dialogue during the Collector raid is great.

- Miranda is a colossal jerk to Joker when she comes back from that Mystery Mission. She's not surviving my "canon run" :P

- Tali's loyalty mission is really depressing if you don't have the paragon/renegade scores to tell off the Admiralty Board.

- Do you always get a conversation with TIM before you go through the relay? I didn't remember this at all.

- I've been converted to the First Church of Jennifer Hale. I think I might do another whole-game-run this winter break before ME3 - femshep, romance Liara, kill Kaidan, save Wrex, destroy the Collector base.

Note on Tali's loyalty mission.
    Even if your P/R score isn't high enough. If you saved Kal Reegar and Veetor you can incite the crowd and everyone will stand up for Tali and she'll be good.

Dragkonias on
  • ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    That's ...pretty old elixir

Oh I know. Stumpleupon recently (as in like 5 seconds before I posted it) graced me with its presence. And it still made me chuckle. I figured it had been a while for everyone else as well.

Elixir on

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Finished off the last few achievements I was missing (insanity, Brawler, Tactician, the Arrival stuff) yesterday.

Some thoughts (spoiler-tagging them because I see someone is playing through for the first time)
    - Joker and EDI are still great, and all of their dialogue during the Collector raid is great.

- Miranda is a colossal jerk to Joker when she comes back from that Mystery Mission. She's not surviving my "canon run" :P

- Tali's loyalty mission is really depressing if you don't have the paragon/renegade scores to tell off the Admiralty Board.

- Do you always get a conversation with TIM before you go through the relay? I didn't remember this at all.

- I've been converted to the First Church of Jennifer Hale. I think I might do another whole-game-run this winter break before ME3 - femshep, romance Liara, kill Kaidan, save Wrex, destroy the Collector base.

Re: your second bullet point
    I am almost 100% positive that Miranda can't die

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    She can, Just not until a certain point.
    If you really must kill her. Just keep her unloyal and take her with you to the final boss.

Dragkonias on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can't you just
    keep her unloyal and tap her to lead one of the fireteams?

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Can't you just
    keep her unloyal and tap her to lead one of the fireteams?

Nope.
    Miranda is made to survive until the hold the section. Though she might die during the second time. Don't think so but my memory is a little fuzzy.

Dragkonias on
    edited May 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    If you really must kill her. Just keep her unloyal and take her with you to the final boss.

How
    does one kill someone off during the boss?

I've always assumed your squaddies can't die.

Tamin on
    edited May 2011

How

Whatever or not your final team squaddies survive the wreckage depends simply on if they were loyal or not.

Loyal people survive the debris, people who aren't loyal don't.

Dragkonias on
    edited May 2011

How

Whatever or not your final team squaddies survive the wreckage depends simply on if they were loyal or not.

Interesting.

Tamin on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

How

Translation:
    Daddy issues a like a gigantic magnet for falling I-beams

Bobble on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Exactly...
    I killed Miranda in my anti-cerberus run and it was damn hard.

envoy1 on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    miranda can die in the "takes a bullet to the gut trying to be the second squad leader after the biotic walk" bit but she comes back, incredibly, for shepard's inspirational speech

Nuzak on
    edited May 2011
    Oh man, I hope Zaeed gets lots of dialogue in ME3. My boss said she was happy not to be so "goddam" tired this morning and I thought: "oh yeah, Vido is going down" - we'll take care of him first and then be goddam heroes and save the galaxy (yes, I got weird looks!)

Aaah... Zaeed, it's been too long.

envoy1 on
    edited May 2011
    Nuzak wrote: »
    miranda can die in the "takes a bullet to the gut trying to be the second squad leader after the biotic walk" bit but she comes back, incredibly, for shepard's inspirational speech

Ah, zombie Miranda. She never likes to miss a good speech.

Elixir on

edited May 2011
    First couple of playthrouhgs of ME2, I would confuse Zaeed's room for Grunt's...

D: Run before he starts telling a story!

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Miranda is evil. I will never romance her. I don't care about her ass! Her ass is probably evil too. Evil ass.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited May 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    Miranda is evil. I will never romance her. I don't care about her ass! Her ass is probably evil too. Evil ass.

Dude. Ass is ass. Evil or not.

Quads.

envoy1 on
    edited May 2011
    Miranda isn't evil. Dumb sometimes, but not evil.

Dragkonias on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Doesn't she shoot a man in cold blood, and serves as executive of an organisation known for terrorist acts to promote a supremicist agenda?

It seems unlikely that she got as high as she did without knowing everything else that was going on.

Leitner on
    edited May 2011
    Leitner wrote: »

Doesn't she shoot a man in cold blood, and serves as executive of an organisation known for terrorist acts to promote a supremicist agenda?

It seems unlikely that she got as high as she did without knowing everything else that was going on.

I can't say killing a man in cold blood is a surprising occurence in the ME universe.

As for working with a terrorist organization. Yeah, she does for her reasons, as misguided as I feel they are. But really, the same can be said for quite a few people, Shepard included. They're not great reasons, but they're not moustache-twirlingly evil ones either.

Dragkonias on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just watch, in ME3 the Reapers will offer her the chance at raising Shepard-Reaper as her baby and she'll jump at the chance.

Her first action will be to kill your love interest.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited May 2011
    The cold blooded killing, Wilson? Because, I mean that's pretty justified. He did try to kill her.

Niket? I mean, you can stop her, but that's more of a crime of passion.

I agree with Dragkonias, Miranda isn't evil, she just has a misguided loyalty to TIM because of the leverage he has over her.

Also, Dat Ass

Skull2185 on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nah, Miranda is definitely evil. In her romance scene she tells you that "She's cleared the engine room", despite both her and Shepard having beds in their quarters. All well and good except at that point the crew has been taken so the only person in there is Tali, so in essence she just went down to rub it in the poor kid's face (plus that room is visible from most of the ship, meaning she'll be hard pressed to escape it).

In seriousness though, she's just has a majorly bitchy first impression that is hard to get over.

"Hey, thanks for bringing me back."
    "Pssh whatever I wanted to put a control chip in your brain."
    "...What is your problem?"
    "Look man I believe in our goals and am willing to carry out terrorist acts for them to come to fruition okay?!"

Shadow Broker makes her a lot more sympathetic.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish Miranda was more terrorist-y. After the intro she seemed more like a lightside character oblivious to Cerberus's misdeeds - she waved off all the ones with abuses as rogue events or perfectly acceptable, didn't she? Pragia was a fluke, the husks were already dead and creepers mindless, so clearly no ethical questions, the rachni were abandoned once they realized how dangerous they were (read: lost all their bases to them). She does say, "we cross the line all the time," but that's right before explaining why it was all okay.

I'd like her more if she was just like, "yeah, we tortured some people and experimented on kidnapped civilians. And you know what? It felt good. It felt good because every one of your so-called 'victims' was a martyr for humanity, every death saving a million more. Don't tell me that's not worth it. Don't try to sermonize me. In the face of Armageddon, your absolutist ethic is just another disastrous zealotry."

I'd still get to tell her off, but she'd be more of a committed, high-tier operative instead of a confused subordinate.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png