As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Shaman], Enhancing your PVPs like crazy

1363738394042»

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    belligerent on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I frankly think it looks just as bad on male orcs (and on the rest of the possible races.)

Fortunately you can just hide your helm. The rest of the set is kind of nondescript but it's not terrible.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have goggles... which will most likely become obsolete after the patch.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MMO champion data mining the Legenday Spell Proc.

Wrath of Tarecgosa - When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell.

A thousand lighting bolts at once? This proccing elemental shaman mastery, proccing this? Infinite recursion? One can only hope.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's too bad the staff has crit, which is a garbage stat for elemental, so the mages will be getting it first.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the main reason I'd give it to a warlock/mage is the hit rating. That being said though, it really ought to be a reward for the most committed/reliable people for being awesome.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Our raid is 100% awesome, so it comes down to stats :P

Kainy on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, someone at EJ posted the Resurgence values:
    The exact numbers on mana restored by 2/2 resurgence:

HW and GHW - 2293 mana
    Riptide, Unleash Life, and Healing Surge - 1376
    Chain Heal - 764

It's like it was announced: A straight 50% buff to the mana value compared to IWS and also the reduced proc chance for HS/CH was transformed into a reduced mana value. That should make mana reg less spiky.

Interesting bits: UL crits now also return mana and the value for Riptide was essentially nerfed a bit (Riptide had a 100% chance on crit to proc IWS for ~1500 mana)

Also the Resto T12 4-piece-bonus was changed on the PTR: (source)
    Shaman

* Elemental 2-Piece Bonus: Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.
    * Elemental 4-Piece Bonus: Your Lava Surge talent also makes Lava Burst instant when it triggers.

* Enhancement 2-Piece Bonus: Your Lava Lash gains an additional 5% damage increase per application of Searing Flames on the target.
    * Enhancement 4-Piece Bonus: Your Stormstrike ability also increases Fire damage you deal to that target by 6%.

* Restoration 2-Piece Bonus: Your periodic healing from Riptide has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
    * Restoration 4-Piece Bonus: Your Chain Heal spell no longer consumes your Riptide effect on the primary target.

Grobian on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really cannot wait for those elemental pvp changes, especially after the weekend that's been in BG's.

Yeah, sometimes it's alot of fun to heal in a BG, but other times it's one of the most depressing things in the world, and I just sit there wishing for a half decent dps. There was one lock who just liked to run into massive groups of just hellfire.

Quite how he thought he'd kill the Druid FC and 2 paladin healers with him doing that I don't know (what was more annoying, was that they were huddled underneath the balcony very close to the cliff edge; a nice thunderstorm would have made things alot easier. A real shame I couldn't just respec in the BG).

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    It's too bad the staff has crit, which is a garbage stat for elemental, so the mages will be getting it first.
    Also, the other casters aren't giving up ~15k armor to use the staff.

forty on
    edited May 2011
    Armor really, really doesn't matter to a raiding elemental shaman. I super promise.

In current content our BiS offhand is a book.

Kainy on
    edited May 2011
    If you get a legendary weapon and don't take it into battlegrounds to rape the have-nots, you're doing it wrong.

Edit: The point being that armor does matter in this scenario.

forty on
    edited May 2011
    So I am healing Normal Nef this week.

I am on the Nef Tank and healing the DPs during the crackles in P1. Anyone have any mana saving tips? I get through the phase (good on throughput), but I am usually down to like 10k mana by the end. I haven't been using my mana tide during that phase and I am thinking maybe I should, after the first crackle? Any thoughts?

P2 is actually a mana regen phase for me with WS proccing from all those blasts and just being able to roll riptide and heal with HW.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Yes, you should pretty much be dropping MTT as soon as you're at about 70% mana. Nef is quite a long fight, so you should be able to use MTT 3 times easily. Use it the first time as soon as you won't cap out on mana from the regen. Then use it again during P2 and P3 as soon as it comes off cooldown.

forty on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In addition, I personally found P2 a great time to use conc pot (in 10-man, 25-man may be quite different). But as forty said, use mana tide at ~70% mana, not just on Nef, but on all fights.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited May 2011
    Don't panic and blow a lot of mana in phase 1. The damage comes in big spikes, but you have a lot of time to heal it up without breaking efficiency too much. Use all your cooldowns early and then as often as they're up (spirit link is also short enough that you can use it 2-3 times.) It sounds you're either able to lean on other healers in phase 2 (25 man?) or your gear's just really good, cause I don't think I could heal through barrages with just riptide/healing wave.

only because no comparable shield exists, though

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Don't panic and blow a lot of mana in phase 1. The damage comes in big spikes, but you have a lot of time to heal it up without breaking efficiency too much. Use all your cooldowns early and then as often as they're up (spirit link is also short enough that you can use it 2-3 times.) It sounds you're either able to lean on other healers in phase 2 (25 man?) or your gear's just really good, cause I don't think I could heal through barrages with just riptide/healing wave.

only because no comparable shield exists, though

This is in a ten man raid.

We don't push any crackles in P2, so usually I recast healing stream totem at the base of the platform while waiting for the lava (to make sure its in range), healing rain as soon as I get up there and then just roll 3 riptides and HW spam during p2.

Thats usually enough healing for P2, sometimes I use a chain heal to consume a riptide if we are getting more barrages than other platforms.

Was coodinating with the tank on Nef for him to use CDs during the breaths to help me out.

Do your add kiters take damage at all in p1? this is on 10 man

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    They'll take some. Hopefully not a lot, but ours seem to get meleed a little bit, and hit by lightning sometimes.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    also I forgot about the shield off atramedes. I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen it drop, though.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    also I forgot about the shield off atramedes. I'm pretty sure I've never actually seen it drop, though.
    What about the blacksmithing one? I'm pretty satisfied with that.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited May 2011
    there's no heroic smithing shield, which is why the heroic halfus tome winds up being the best offhand. There is a heroic shield from atramedes, but it has junky crit on it

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    "Healing Surge healing has been reduced by 20%, from [ 5605 - 6404 ] to [ 4484 - 5122 ]"

I hope that doesn't go through...

Xeddicus on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well then your hope is lost, because that was already hotfixed on live servers this week. Just take HS off your bars until 4.2 hits and the 100% crits make it worthwhile again.

Grobian on
    edited May 2011
    Really? Shit.

Xeddicus on
    edited May 2011
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    "Healing Surge healing has been reduced by 20%, from [ 5605 - 6404 ] to [ 4484 - 5122 ]"

I hope that doesn't go through...

Guy at EJ claims that they also reduced the healing power co-efficent on it by 20% as well, so its an even stronger nerf.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Well, glad to see that as an Elemental shaman I now have NO way to effectively heal myself, even at ludicrous mana cost.

Kainy on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Our guild got like 5 attempts on Nef before we decided it wasn't on us and all of them were less than 50 seconds long. How does a 10 man handle the adds?

belligerent on
    edited May 2011
    Our guild got like 5 attempts on Nef before we decided it wasn't on us and all of them were less than 50 seconds long. How does a 10 man handle the adds?

CC what you can. Shackle/Roots etc. Have a Death Knight or Warrior DPS kite/tank (I dislike this in my guild, DK tanks too much) the adds if you have one, a shaman/mage/hunter? can do it otherwise (and not get hit if done properly). You want them all grouped up eventually, though, so when after they die they all get rezzed in phase 3 in one place so the tank can pick them up.

Xeddicus on
    edited May 2011
    Someone kites them. Death knights are great at it, but anyone with an aoe slow really can do it (hunter, rogue, mage.)

I know some groups use three tanks (maybe a dps feral/dk/warrior wearing combogear), but the rest of the dps have to pick them up in the later phases.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Have a plate-wearing DPS grab them and run around like a jackass, that's what we do. It's very important for P3 that they all die in a neat, small clump, so that your offtank can grab them to kite them easily in that phase. In our group, one healer is dedicated basically to just healing the add kiter/tank, as he will take a lot of damage, one to the Ony tank and one to the Nef tank. Usually the adds all fall down a little before or after the first crackle, but that'll depend a lot on how much damage your group does. Then the plate DPS just switches to Nef.

If you have a good ranged DPS with an AoE slow they can also do this, but they have to be perfect or die, haha.

Kainy on
  • Nulian FeadraugNulian Feadraug Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's also possible to have a hunter with a tank pet and misdirect glyph continuously sending them to said pet. Just make sure to be ready to MD adds back, as they adds that the pet doesn't actually have targetted tend to crave healer brains.

Nulian Feadraug on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, glad to see that as an Elemental shaman I now have NO way to effectively heal myself, even at ludicrous mana cost.

I don't get why the Healing Surge nerf has happened before 4.2. I know it's probably down to resto pvp, but these changes also seem to be due to the overall incoming healing changes, and I'd have thought it would have been better of waiting (does anyone care anymore about this season?).

I wouldn't mind Clearcasting actually reducing the cost of heals.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I don't get why the Healing Surge nerf has happened before 4.2. I know it's probably down to resto pvp, but these changes also seem to be due to the overall incoming healing changes, and I'd have thought it would have been better of waiting (does anyone care anymore about this season?).

I wouldn't mind Clearcasting actually reducing the cost of heals.

It does.
    After landing a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 40%.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython