As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Cata Profession information and discussion.

1333435363739»

• Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Sounds like they hosed something up in that case. It used to be once you got to EPL or whatever, the humanoids/undead were dropping nothing but Runecloth.

I just got done in EPL and haven't seen a single Runecloth drop.

Runecloth is after Mageweave isn't it? Cause I am getting plenty of Mageweave.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i got a lot of runecloth and mageweave in winterspring, killing furbolgs for the Saber Trainer quests and Timbermaw Rep.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Badlands right now and wow...Mithril heaven.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Sounds like they hosed something up in that case. It used to be once you got to EPL or whatever, the humanoids/undead were dropping nothing but Runecloth.

I just got done in EPL and haven't seen a single Runecloth drop.

Runecloth is after Mageweave isn't it? Cause I am getting plenty of Mageweave.

EPL got changed from a high 50s to a low 40s zone, so it's no surprise it's not dropping Runecloth now.

Smasher on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    runcloth was always 55+. which means you really don't see it until 58+. EPL was definitely the place to go before the sundering. Now, if you're farming it, I just recommend BRD, unless you're looking for it while you level, and if that's the case, I feel bad.

belligerent on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd actually recommend Hellfire Ramparts normal for Runecloth. It's fast, not a complete maze like BRD and drops a ton of it.

Samphis on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I've said it before and I'll say it again: do laps of the Shimmering Flats for mithril now.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I found burning steppes to be good for mithril.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: do laps of the Shimmering Flats for mithril now.

I'll check that out but I have never seen this much Mithril. I can't complete quests because there are so many nodes.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thousand needles/shimmering flats is pretty lousy with mithril these days. There's a lot of nodes and not really much area they can spawn in

of course they're mostly underwater, so that's an issue

speaking of farming ore, does smithing get any easier to level once you get over 300?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thousand needles/shimmering flats is pretty lousy with mithril these days. There's a lot of nodes and not really much area they can spawn in

of course they're mostly underwater, so that's an issue

speaking of farming ore, does smithing get any easier to level once you get over 300?

a little, but I had to farm like 200 adamantite for 340-350.

wrath is different but fun. warning: you end up in this weird band where all you have are recipes that take small amounts of cobalt with a pile of saronite, so don't use all your cobalt up

also you'll need five (ten?) titanium bars for 420-425, but that isn't too hard these days

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    yeah you can get 10 titanium in like five minutes in wintergrasp (along with a mess of saronite)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's official: I am sick of Mithril.

Where is the truesilver? What comes after Mithril?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Truesilver is a rare spawn node. Thorium is after Mithril.

forty on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I always thought of it as mithril being a rarespawn off of truesilver, but things may have gotten better in that departmen since the remaket...

Panda4You on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Maybe you've had an odd string of luck, but truesilver's always been quite a bit rarer than mithril.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Not by much, trueilver's fucking everywhere.
    Ed: Plus, it can hog thorium nodes.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Start by defining 'everywhere'...cause by my definition, Mithril nodes are like fast food restaraunts which really are everywhere.

Searing Gorge
    Badlands
    Burning Steppes?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also lots in Eastern Plaguelands now.

And Tanaris

Probably ungoro too

Javen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ok inscriptionists: when was the last time you sold a deck, and for how much?

I have 6 decks, I am keeping two of them, and have been attempting to sell 2 for the last, what, three weeks.

The closest I have come to an offer was 9k gold for a Tsunami.

I was also offered, 8k gold, 100 Volatile Life and a pair of Valor Boots(plate dps) for a Tsunami but that fell through cause he didn't have the VP for the boots.

So what gives?

Also, glyphs: I checked prices for the highest price point glyphs, made 5 of each, and put them up. This was two months ago. They aren't selling and I'm sick of relisting them.

I'm considering dropping scribing and just selling the VL and herbs.

Any advice?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    tsunami and volcano both seem to be around 10k on my server, and have been falling for a while. Earthquake has been 5k or less forever cause it's terrible, and I don't see hurricane up that often which makes me think maybe it's terrible too

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    tsunami and volcano both seem to be around 10k on my server, and have been falling for a while. Earthquake has been 5k or less forever cause it's terrible, and I don't see hurricane up that often which makes me think maybe it's terrible too

Hurricane is best in slot for Ret Paladins and very very decent for Unholy DKs

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    People are hedging their bets for the patch coming out very closely after the faire comes around.

I know I wouldn't buy just the deck right now. Maybe at the end of this week because of a whim, but I'd really feel like decks have reached the end of their 10k day.

belligerent on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://theunderminejournal.com/

Pick your faction/server, then Enhancements -> Darkmoon. Each page will give you the last two weeks of listings for decks, along with how much they're actually selling for. (Keep in mind the site can only make educated guesses based on auctions ending before they expire, so if someone's canceling their post it may come up a false sale)

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Pick your faction/server, then Enhancements -> Darkmoon. Each page will give you the last two weeks of listings for decks, along with how much they're actually selling for. (Keep in mind the site can only make educated guesses based on auctions ending before they expire, so if someone's canceling their post it may come up a false sale)

And while the new trinkets will be great for people's mains, I don't think it's quite time to give up on Darkmoon trinkets quite yet. Quite a few people have max level alts, and rep grinding on all of them takes time.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Started working on my skinning/leatherworking alt in cata stuff. after looking at the mats required and the potential farming methods... Well, at least the profession has the skinning knife, so you can use it to slit your own wrists.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Ish...will check this when I get home.

Also, sold a Volcanic for 8500g yesterday......

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

And while the new trinkets will be great for people's mains, I don't think it's quite time to give up on Darkmoon trinkets quite yet. Quite a few people have max level alts, and rep grinding on all of them takes time.

Trinkets are tough to come by, so I wouldn't be surprised if volcano/tsunami/hurricane hold their value decently well into firelands. Volcano is the best trinket for most casters, so it'll stay somewhat valuable until we're well into T12.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, after reviewing how difficult the new trinkets are going to be, DMC is definitely going to hold it's value.

belligerent on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Son of a-

The Bountiful Bags guild perk should no longer sometimes incorrectly reward Archaeologists with multiple keystones from dig sites.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd be a lot more unhappy about that change if it hadn't mostly just given me more of the night elf keystones.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Or more keystones than I can ever use anyway

I guess this means there might eventually be a market for them again, so that's something

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Figured that was coming, it was too good to be true, so of course it must be removed.

Plus my puzzle box WARNED me that they would all betray me. We must flee to the black forest, for a little lamb is lost in those dark woods

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Couldn't wait for the Faire to get here so I could make my decks and now I can't wait for it to go so I can sell the trinket cards.

Made 25k gold on the decks I had and I still have 4 cards ready to sell.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Levelling my proffs before bringing my main to Cata content. 400-425 in blacksmithing was a lot nicer than I was expecting it to be.

Tav on