As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla: Night 8: Oh Osa, Where Art Thou?

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Looking back at the signup thread, Samson Sandrosa, the Ogre's Storm and Blight are mentioned and we haven't killed either of those, so that makes six mafia running around if they all made it in.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Now it dawns on me here.

Lately there has been ogre related slayings, and there is a man who is most large indeed.

Now, I don't want to the dwarf making height an issue, but i do think !NinjaSquirrel needs some looking into.

Melding on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh man I got plagued? Why the hell would anyone do that?

no matter. Tonight everyone will see that I am another humble villager with nothing special about them at all.

Who shall I plague.

Solar on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Marth wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm still pretty suspicious of marth. Despite having 90 some posts, this last one is one of the few where he actually seemed to take a stand and offer some real opinions, rather than having some empty statements that make it appear like he's active.

Fairly classic non-villager behavior

This is really a culmination of the past few days. In the end I haven't trusted people who used seers to back up their claims. Not Geebs, not Zay, and now not Lawinator (although in haste I voted for thorgot).

Marth and Melding both are throwing around of lot of accusations. I think we need to watch them closely.

wait, what have i been throwing around? i accused Larlar of being a big evil knight, and pharezon of being weird. the second one got booted out and is null now.

Really?

Because his role is still around, it's just being filled by Neli now.

wait what

am I in the game now?

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited May 2011
    I agree with Melding. !NinjaSquirrel is either mafia laying low or a villager not being active, either is an acceptable loss. Him being a giant character when there's an ogre on the loose is an added hint, especially since the specials seem to be atleast vaguely connected to their character description.

The other people I suspect are Zonugal and Kusu. Zonugal because I feel like he's doing a hiding in plain sight thing, and Kusu for being very quiet despite being Kusu.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SLyM wrote: »
    I still don't trust the guy who yelled at us to move votes off a mafia when he says there's 2 seers.

But that's just me.

Right now I'm throwing names at the wall and seeing if they stick.

Edcrab, Langly, and Theidar.

What if it was your name on the wall?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man...what

Where are people getting that my character is somehow a large person?
    Name: Randall Stephens
    Description: A thin, young man. Wears a simple brown tunic. Has no identifying marks, tattoos, or scars. His soft features compliment a beaming smile and a confident posture. A little fidgety, his brown eyes rapidly move from point to point absorbing as much scenery as possible.
    Background: Randall is a street urchin who has made a living through simple, short cons his entire life. His mother died when he was young and his father was slightly abusive, Randall developed a cynical view of society and only looks out for his own interests. The exception to this rule is his younger sister, who he has devoted much of his time and few resources to aiding after his father died under mysterious circumstances. Randall is by no means a fighter, instead relying on his wits to keep him alive in the bustling landscape of the Realm.

If anything that would make me pretty small. It says I'm thin and since I'm a street urchin I would have grown up pretty malnourished so it would have been hard to have grown tall.

And as for "not being active" I have the 6th most posts in the thread. How is that inactive? If anything I thought that I had been talking too much for my first phalla. I'll give you that I have posted less the last couple nights, but that is because my new job has crazy hours and I do not like posting from my phone when I can help it.

NinjaSquirrel on
    edited May 2011
    Boy is my face red, I connected the wrong character with the wrong person. Marth is playing the large one.

Other point still stands though.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you let your princess die

for shame

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Wiet wrote: »
    Boy is my face red, I connected the wrong character with the wrong person. Marth is playing the large one.

Other point still stands though.

How does the other point stand? I have almost 90 posts in this thread, the 6th most, 2nd most out of players that are neither dead nor infected. You barely have 20 posts. How the hell can you call me inactive?

NinjaSquirrel on
    edited May 2011
    Especially since you are the original player for your character, not a replacement.

NinjaSquirrel on
    edited May 2011
    The postcount is because of early game roleplaying which you joined in on, and I didn't. So yes, a lot more posts, but not exactly of substance! Later on you post less, because of your work. Out of curiousity, what's your new job?

Most of your game related posts have been rolling with the punches and going along with bandwagons. Nothing wrong with that, since it's your first phalla, which you mention occasionally. You ended up voting on Larlar, our guardian special, which might be a little suspicious but a lot of people blundered there.

Then comes the AMP'd vote however. First you vote on AMP'd here, but without reading up on the thread! ZeroFill then points out that it's a classic mafia post, which I agree with. Your defence here cites work as a reason and writes it off a lazy post rather than an evil post, along with saying that you'd be happy to switch if a good argument comes along. Then you change your vote to thorgot, who ends up being innocent, off of AMP'd who turns out to be evil. A little later you seem confused, asking why there was a switch in the first place.

You said that you'd change your vote in the face of evidence, but then change your vote, while later asking why we changed in the first place? I think you switched without any reason because you knew who AMP'd was and you knew he was on your side of the line.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I originally voted for AMP'd because that seemed to be the consensus at the time. I'll admit that I didn't read the 10 or so pages that I would have had to catch up on in order to have read the whole thing up till that point, just read the last few and made a vote off that.

I switched my vote to thorgot because lawinator was telling everyone to switch their vote because he had some new information and presented what I thought at the time was a good argument about how Zay's seer couldn't have seered as many people as would have been needed in order to actually have information that AMP'd was a mafia. So that had me take my vote off of AMP'd. I put the vote on thorgot because that was what most other people seemed to have been doing and so I assumed that whoever started voting for him had information that he was a bad guy.

When that night's narration went up and it turned out that AMP'd did die and he was a mafia I was one of very few to call out lawinator and pretty much the only person to still be skeptical of him after his "Oh it's totally cool it just turns out there's two separate good networks" posts. Hell I'm still skeptical of lawinator and would probably vote for him now if it weren't for the fact that he's probably going to die tonight anyways.

That last post you link to I was confused only why we switched to thorgot, I knew people were taking votes off of AMP'd more or less just because lawinator said to, and I went along with that because it worked with Geebs the previous night when he said a seer said to vote for someone and we all did and that person turned out to be a mafia.

And I haven't actually had a terrific amount of RP posts really. I've had a fair amount of "how does this work" posts because as you pointed out this is my first phalla. And then a decent amount of trying to figure out why certain things people were doing were suspicious and why we should trust some people over other people and stuff like that, again mostly because first phalla and I'm just figuring out how to really tell if someone is somebody you should worry about or not.

And you haven't explained why you've been so inactive in the thread until now when you suddenly seem to really want to remove me.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Langly took over for someone as Sandra Torrance.

With what our narrator just stated, it makes me wonder if there's greater significance to Sandra Torrance baiting Munkus Beerswallows to his death.

I took a rapier to an ogre fight, not my brightest of ideas.

Have you ever parried a ten foot long club?

neither have I

Langly on
    edited May 2011
    I'm working off a hunch since you, Kusu and Zonugal are on my list of suspects. I'm currently at work but it seemed to me like digging around in your post history paid off. I want to remove you because it seems like you're the best lead, provide an alternative and I'll happily reconsider!

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • nethneth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The only times the roles weren't replaced were the innactives in the first day, right?

We've run out of back-up roles. In the player list Trinn Asper (#5) remains.

while i'm catching up with the thread I will note that I am now this person. 8 more pages to go blargle blargle.

neth on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wiet, if I had desired to continue to "hide in plain sight," I wouldn't have made such a confession. In fact look through the thread, I had no animosity like Seriously, The Lawnimator or others.

But if you are still in an inquiry mood, I simply request you examine my votes and being where any noble man may with evidence.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Guys who shall I kill

Solar on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good question Solar! One that you should not try to have anyone with no information answer. And by that I mean you talk to me. We don't need another poorly placed plague to hurt the village in an obvious a totally avoidable way.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited May 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Wiet, if I had desired to continue to "hide in plain sight," I wouldn't have made such a confession. In fact look through the thread, I had no animosity like Seriously, The Lawnimator or others.

But if you are still in an inquiry mood, I simply request you examine my votes and being where any noble man may with evidence.

So you woke up to mark of Omega, the first in OSA. Is there another with a mark? perhaps a sigma?

neth on
    edited May 2011
    I am tempted to kill Hullis because he voted to kill me

the little punk

Solar on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think Hullis is the Acquaintance

Think about it. Who else in this thread would want to steal a pony?

Where's Buttersparkle, Hullis? Or Butterfly Meringue, heck if I can remember the name.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Where the hell is this pony stuff coming from?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Joke posts.

Alt answer: From the Pony God, who has come to unleash his vengeance upon us all.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Neli wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Marth wrote: »
    I'm still pretty suspicious of marth. Despite having 90 some posts, this last one is one of the few where he actually seemed to take a stand and offer some real opinions, rather than having some empty statements that make it appear like he's active.

Fairly classic non-villager behavior

This is really a culmination of the past few days. In the end I haven't trusted people who used seers to back up their claims. Not Geebs, not Zay, and now not Lawinator (although in haste I voted for thorgot).

Marth and Melding both are throwing around of lot of accusations. I think we need to watch them closely.

wait, what have i been throwing around? i accused Larlar of being a big evil knight, and pharezon of being weird. the second one got booted out and is null now.

Really?

Because his role is still around, it's just being filled by Neli now.

wait what

am I in the game now?

errrrrrrrrr

I don't think you are I...I saw you on the reserve list and thought neth's name was a misspelling of your name I am so sorry

Seriously on
    edited May 2011
    Neli wrote: »

wait what

am I in the game now?

errrrrrrrrr

I don't think you are I...I saw you on the reserve list and thought neth's name was a misspelling of your name I am so sorry

seriously Seriously? gosh, i think i'm offended... maybe... could someone check Neli's post history and tell me if i'm offended or not? i'm not sure.

neth on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    breaking my heart :(

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited May 2011
    neth wrote: »

So you woke up to mark of Omega, the first in OSA. Is there another with a mark? perhaps a sigma?

We might establish that one has the mark of the sigma and alpha, but what would that mean in connection to my possession of the omega mark?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Why would I take someone else's pony? That's not very friendly.

And Friendship is Magic.

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011

We might establish that one has the mark of the sigma and alpha, but what would that mean in connection to my possession of the omega mark?

By your powers combined, you are... Captain OSA?

neth on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Masons?

WeedLordVegeta on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

FRAT PARTYYYY

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Uhhh, I think I'm going to have a life tonight so

Edcrab or something.

Sorry that I don't anything better to say.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Butterscotch Meringue Cupcake is not a pony; she is a horse!

Taya on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Slower postings now.

This is a weird game.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, we are getting into the thick of it, and with less people come less posts.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    True.

Never having even read one before I have to say it's an interesting experience.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    More accurately, less people with still as little to go on.

Crazy shit has gone down between the first night and now, certainly, but things aren't any clearer for it.

I'm still not sure what to make of Lawinator but I guess the plague takes care of me having to worry about whether I should cast a vote that direction.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2011
    Whom I picking guys

come on

it's late, and I have an early lecture tomorrow.

Solar on
This discussion has been closed.