As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crossfire problems

ShenShen Registered User regular
I've been trying to re-enable crossfire on my 3870s but I haven't been having any luck. I updated my BIOS, checked the bridge, swept the drivers and reinstalled them. CCC recognises both cards but doesn't give me the option to enable crossfire anywhere. I have no idea how long it's been like this, but now I know it's seriously pissing me off :P

Any help?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
ladi.png
Shen on

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Only thing I could think of is you might have a bad bridge, but I don't think that would cause that problem, so much as a bunch of crashes.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Removed the cards and reinstalled everything one by one - again - but still no joy, so it looks like it probably is due to the bridges. Ah well, thanks

Shen on
    ladi.png
  • Options
    QuantuxQuantux Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bridges? If you've only got two cards, you only need one bridge. Try using only one and if it still doesn't work try the other. But I seem to remember the enable crossfire option being available even when I forgot to attach the bridge to my 5770's...

Quantux on
    PSN/Steam - Quantux

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah Dell had both on for whatever reason, tried every possible combination of one and two but no luck.

Could you tell me/post a screenshot of where the "Enable Crossfire" option is, and what version of CCC you're using? Nothing would make me happier than being the idiot who took his computer apart for no reason due to looking in the wrong place, lol

E: A bit more digging turned up the info that it might be due to my clean install of Windows 7 not recognising the card. I suppose it'll get sorted out when I build my new PC and roll this one back to Vista.

Shen on
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Got it working! Had to navigate Dell's awful driver page to DL their original Vista 64 bit drivers, enable Xfire with those then install the latest drivers over those ones, all the while being set back by contstant errors. Been a pretty obnoxious few hours, but worth it in the end.

Shen on
    ladi.png