As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla: Night 8: Oh Osa, Where Art Thou?

• ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you're not getting anything but fingerprints all over your screen langly

you can't press it

ZeroFill on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !!

And with that I need to go to bed

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    Just a heads up... in the last phalla all the "confirmed villagers" were listed in public to avoid being voted on. The mafia could easily target the network heads and the non-villagers/non-mafia, and that's even without me infiltrating the network. :)

So I would advise not to name names.

Also, Sal, you've been acting very similar in this game as you have the last game. Does that mean anything?

the list that was posted publicly wasn't completely accurate

and you infiltrated the network :) because of a shoddy game mechanic

I wouldn't use the last phalla for many examples, particularly to point out the good fortune you fell ass-backwards into

aside from all this though, I don't think lists of anyone other than suspects need to be posted.
    Not to derail the thread and start a debate, but the mechanic was not shoddy. The seers knew that their results could be clouded. The villagers like you, did not know this.

ANYWAY I still think the network should not be revealed. The only people who benefit from this information is the mafia.

Taya on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Langly i really want to suspect you too but i can't cause your sig makes me swoon

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    Just a heads up... in the last phalla all the "confirmed villagers" were listed in public to avoid being voted on. The mafia could easily target the network heads and the non-villagers/non-mafia, and that's even without me infiltrating the network. :)

Also, Sal, you've been acting very similar in this game as you have the last game. Does that mean anything?

I wouldn't use the last phalla for many examples, particularly to point out the good fortune you fell ass-backwards into

aside from all this though, I don't think lists of anyone other than suspects need to be posted.
    Not to derail the thread and start a debate, but the mechanic was not shoddy. The seers knew that their results could be clouded. The villagers like you, did not know this.

ANYWAY I still think the network should not be revealed. The only people who benefit from this information is the mafia.

except the village network has more than likely been compromised so knowing who is in it may reveal demons and that is not a bad thing when we are on the brink of losing anyways

WeedLordVegeta on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

shoddy mechanic. A seer that is not a seer isn't worth a damn. And it wasn't made clear that the results were inconclusive, they were directly lied to about the results.

ZeroFill on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The whole thing I guess is a catch-22. There's no proof I can offer to my innocence. If you all feel I need to die, just... let me at least die after Hullis.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2011
    JC of DI wrote: »
    The whole thing I guess is a catch-22. There's no proof I can offer to my innocence. If you all feel I need to die, just... let me at least die after Hullis.
    why would you ask this

this is so damning

since you're desperate to be alive one more day, it shows that you're mafia and you want to keep your numbers strong in the off-chance that a bunch of us die tonight

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    I just meant in the narration - but why would wanting to live longer indicate I was mafia?

If I live through a night, that means a vote that would go to me, who I know is a villager, would potentially go to a mafia member.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the main circle seems to be secure. Mine might have been infiltrated, but we're ineffectual at best.

At best in this group they found out monkeyfeet was working with the seer and saw to stop the network to expand to include JC of DI.

Hell, we would have had a source of information, they could have used that too. in short, fart.

Melding on
    edited May 2011
    I just meant in the narration - but why would wanting to live longer indicate I was mafia?

If I live through a night, that means a vote that would go to me, who I know is a villager, would potentially go to a mafia member.

you're really not helping your case any

ZeroFill on
    edited May 2011

And yet you're not offering up a potential mafia member

you're saying "spare me for a night!"

what townie would do that

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    one that wants to spite you, mostly.

Melding on
    edited May 2011
    man, everyone wants to spite me

it's why i have this horrid cough

seriously nobody's paid me any attention until the past day.

I must have spooked the wrong people

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011

So "don't vote for me, you'll only be killing a villager" is now a defense that actually worsens suspicions?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2011
    Must have.

though i only took notice of you when you started accusing solar. and well, it seems he didn't take too kindly to that.

Melding on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, Kusu was one of my prime suspects, and now he's out of the game.

I don't think I really have anyone else at this point. Sal has been hiding under the radar with his wanted posters, and Uriel really hasn't been involved much, but it's not seriously that damning.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited May 2011
    to keep calling yourself a villager while pleading for another day, is a defense that worsens suspicions.

You've contributed next to nothing yet you're striving to continue existing. Kind of swinging to both sides of the spectrum.

ZeroFill on
    edited May 2011

So "don't vote for me, you'll only be killing a villager" is now a defense that actually worsens suspicions?

When combined with a complete disinterest in helping the village find a viable target, yes.

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    Must have.

though i only took notice of you when you started accusing solar. and well, it seems he didn't take too kindly to that.

I have been making pushes for bandwagon voters, mostly. Maybe with Uriel, I struck a bit too close to the mark?

WeedLordVegeta on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it's just

so fine

Langly on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    (I have no homework due tomorrow so I really had time for this)

Hark, looks like it came to this. Oi, my last words. Might they strike truer then any of your loyalty. What can one say when they are surely six feet under? What cold words may escape one's mouth. Let us examine all of you cowards...

Centipede Damascus, you are a lonely coward who hid in the shadow for two days. You spoke a shrill silence but still would cast your own neighbor out. Coward!
    Marth, you're an ugly coward.
    Wiet, I hope you choke on your lies you blackguard. Coward...
    Taya, I honestly have nothing to say here. I actually rather enjoyed your horses. May the heavens bless your heart.
    Butler For Life #1, Stuck in your web of lies you are but a spider in our midst. I can't wait till your children devour you alive. Coward
    Melding, Another solider of the devils. Your lurked and lurked. Coward.
    Seriously, You let me down the most. I thought you an inquisitive man, a man of evidence. But you hopped on the bandwagon just as everyone else. Coward.
    Redfenix, You are a good man. May the sun shine brightly towards you.
    Edcrab, An honest man pushed to treachery. I wish I could forgive you but you gave up your hope to lurk in with the rest of your fiendish brothers. Coward.
    ZeroFill, Simply and understandably a coward. Coward...
    JC of DI, You have felt the warmth of these people's flames far too much. While you cast me out it was a decision of desperation and as such I can not look too down upon it. You are no coward but merely a survivor pushed to their edge. Good luck.
    I Win Swordfights, King of cowards, lord of lies. I cast you a harsh judgment and hope you find your way to me soon. I have a knife for you, on the house. COWARD!
    Blankzilla, Yess... You have done... Good job... Keep it up, sir.
    A duck!, coward.
    Uriel, I wish I could say more words for you but you simply haven't been interacting with us villagers. You are like the shade you disappears into the night. Coward.
    MacGuffin, You're a loose cannon. Keep it up.
    SLyM, Coward.
    Nirya, Coward.
    Solar, You disgust me. Utterly disgust me to my now dead core. Coward.
    Sal, Keep up your job artist. Perhaps try to be less of a coward. Coward.
    NinjaSquirrel, Pour one out for me old drinking friend.

And Dys, I hope you burn with the fiends you have surely conspired with. You're the darkest, the most vile. You are beneath all these cowards. I HOPE YOU DIE.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited May 2011
    what is a network

like, a group of people who are certain that they are villagers and are working together?

Langly on
    edited May 2011
    hey, I voted for you too zonugal!

worse than being labled a coward is being forgotten :'(

Langly on
    edited May 2011
    The players in this drama are as follows:
    [/B]4. Bryce Larkwell - Tommy2Hands
    5. Trinn Asper - Pharezon neth
    [/B]7.Basil Blackpepper - Centipede Damascus
    9. Jon Racewether - Marth
    10. Denton Royce - Thetheroo TrippyJing
    12. Joaseph DuPont - Wiet
    13. Monk Ursa - Kusuguttai Neli
    15. Randall Stephens - NinjaSquirrel
    16. Mirdyn Paval - Dys
    17. Kristen Dermott - Taya
    18. : Damon "Hack" Hammond - Butler For Life #1
    19 Dibby Smeltblower - Melding
    20. Lans Kartarken - Seriously
    [/COLOR]23. Hogarth DePalma - redfenix
    24 Dolcasta Vimes - Edcrab
    [/B]26 Sandra Torrance - CorpseRT Langly
    27 Majist Kendrick - [strike]Aegof[/strike] ZeroFill
    30 Nolan Tonner - JC of DI
    31 Son Heimlech - I Win Swordfights
    35 Carey Garrahan - Blankzilla
    38 Jackson Delbridge - Hullis

39 Kendrick Mcmeekin - A duck!
    40 Thaddeus Kolinski - Uriel
    41 Bryon Ramis - MacGuffin
    42 Jeffry Bemiss - SLyM
    43 Armand Calicutt - Nirya
    47 Roman Rohrich - Beef Avenger cj iwakura
    49 Noah Lundblad - Sal

RESERVES:
    Wandering Hero

This is the list of remaining players. We should mayhaps go through it and look at everyone in it.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'll miss you Zonugal. I didn't vote for you in the hopes that our characters could clash one more time.

Goodnight, rat prince.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    what is a network

like, a group of people who are certain that they are villagers and are working together?

except there's no real proof that everyone's a villager

WeedLordVegeta on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've been looking through the same list, Nirya. Nothing yet.

Tommy2Hands, A duck!, and cj stand out to me because I haven't seen much of them, but "he/she doesn't post much!" isn't very good evidence. Have we been updating the spreadsheet floating around?

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Zonugal.

You know the old saying, "Your horse can only be as brave as you are."

Taya on
    edited May 2011
    But "he/she doesn't post much except to drive votes or deflect suspicion off of people" is a valid argument

WeedLordVegeta on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Zonugal I shall spend my last day on this world making sure your remains are properly taken care of, then opening the best bottle I can find and splitting it between myself and the freshly turned soil. My last act will be to pass on this wretched disease. I will be taking no opinions on this matter.

Langly: pretty much. Just a group of dudes who all know they're on the same side.

NinjaSquirrel on
    edited May 2011
    I thought a duck was posting? Didn't he start a bandwagon on someone or

something

I don't know this thread is too damn long.

Langly on
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hullis wrote: »
    But "he/she doesn't post much except to drive votes or deflect suspicion off of people" is a valid argument

That's why I want a vote history. Where's that gat dam spreadsheet when you need it?

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    edited May 2011
    Marth, I agree with you on Tommy and CJ. Seriously and Wiet also jump out at me on that list, along with Sal and Uriel.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited May 2011
    i'm afraid the spreadsheet doesn't help

we're dealing with a number of players who pop up at just the right time to throw out votes

i'm gonna do a complete goddamn re-read tomorrow, with my last breaths

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    I barely lurked at all! the cowardice however, i can not refute.

Melding on
    edited May 2011
    28 players remaining.

ostensibly, we have eliminated 2 of 13 mafia, leaving 11; this is presuming that Geebs was in fact a red herring and a death miller.

The game could be over in as few as a couple more nights. The good news is we have an excellent chance of randomly nailing a mafia member just by choosing someone to bandwagon at random!

However there's been some mention in the narration to the tune of there being no demons; that we're merely chewing ourselves up here, lunging at ghosts.

If that's the case, what is our win condition then? To not vote, to not choose? To call out the Acquaintance himself?

ZeroFill on
    edited May 2011
    If it's not to eliminate the mafia, our goal may be to prevent the summoning of Osa.

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited May 2011
    It is somewhat telling that our win condition was not explicitly stated.

ZeroFill on
    edited May 2011
    That is actually, an interesting point.

Melding on
This discussion has been closed.