As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Screenshots.aspx?player=Squeeze%20Gently

Motivation to play as a female spartan right here. Amusing pictures and videos.

Daris on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    New Weekly:

Complete any mission in under 15 minutes on Heroic with the Black Eye skull on

sup Nightfall

edit: and done!

Either nightfall or winter contingency. Myself and fatal slayer did it in 13:07 for winter contingency. I wonder how fast fyre took with nightfall.

I don't mind helping people get this if they have any issue with it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I did it on Nightfall twice in like 10 minutes, but it refuses to give me the challenge

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    I did it on Nightfall twice in like 10 minutes, but it refuses to give me the challenge

Heroic with blackeye on? AND JUST BLACKEYE.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ASSEMBLE!

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Why did you post that lameness?

Daris on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Halo-Reach-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5389d8?cid=majornelson

Halo Reach has a demo now. Includes Long Night of Solace, Powerhouse, and a "Firefight mission" and apparently works on Live.

I'mma download it now and basically seeing if it lets people just play on Powerhouse over and over again in matchmaking. :P

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that's all it does.

Also, apparently the people in the demo are actually people who want to play the demo and don't have the full game. I just got a game of Headhunter and people were running aound like it was the first day of the beta.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    pasting from my HBO post

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1072946

You have the option of starting campaign right on LNoS, and Matchmaking. All other options are greyed out.

Matchmaking has two options, "Multiplayer" and "Firefight". Multiplayer takes you into FFA on Powerhouse on either Slayer or objective gametypes (I saw Headhunter)

Firefight takes you into gametypes on Overlook, 30 mins with the usual various options.

There is zero player configuration save for controls. Everyone defaults to Steel armor.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    Also, apparently the people in the demo are actually kids whose parents won't let them buy the game. I just got a game of Headhunter and people were running aound like it was the first day of the beta.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    hahah arseholes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Here's our first winner

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=60716450&postRepeater1-p=1

tl;dr AFKer got reset all the way from Nova to Recruit.

edit: another guy is calling this a "Cowardly Act By Bungie" lol

edit2: oh snap, they reset the first Inheritor

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So is 343 now in charge of this stuff, or is Bungie still at the reigns of the banhammer?

I think this is glorious, buuuuuuut, having not played since Jan, how exactly do you rank up by afking? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would give you any cr doing nothing.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited May 2011
    You get Game Complete in Firefight, up to 2000-3000cR depending on game length and your rank.

People were trying to get around the previous autodetect by killing a couple of enemies and then hiding off the map for the rest of the game.

And yes, Bungie is still in charge of Reach.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Aaaah, ok.

Yeah, I'll never understand that. Particularly something like Reach where, in the end, your rank is just a pretty icon. Maybe some armor options.

Folks would do that shit in WoW all the time and my perspective was always; if you're going to take the time to fucking stand there and do nothing to soak up points, play the damn game and enjoy it. Otherwise, if you're not even playing it, what is the bloody point of having the rank?

Yaaaay! I go up to Galactic Overlord by never playing...and now I'll never play anyway.

People.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    i think it's the coveted 'skull helmet' that people are dying to unlock so bad, not really the rank itself. it only unlocks at the highest level and when you buy everything else.
    personally this is great because i saw some people AFKing in living dead and i really hope those people got caught in this too. people who cheese shit like this can go die in a fire.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My favorite part of every round of the ban hammer is the flood of threads from people either declaring their innocence or claiming that somehow the people that were banned are the "real" community and that bungie is killing their community and "no one will play again".

Ahh, the tears of cheaters. There is truly nothing more nourishing in this world.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I still love the time when people were d/c when they completed a challenge so that they could collect multiple times on the same event. Then one guy says "it's totally not my fault! My sister called me and it dropped my connection!" then they show the logs "so your sister called you 12 times in the spam of 5 minutes?"

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was just talking with a friend about how people standing around in Firefight were getting on my nerves. I was all "Bungie probably won't do anything about it since they're moving on soon."

I forget that Bungie loves us, always.

I love you too, Bungie.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The "Appeal your reset" thread is so awesome.

"Hey this isn't fair, I don't do this anymore!!!111"

>Jeremiah proceeds to link many recent clearly afk games.

>> player does not return to refute.

Dorkfaces; who the hell do you think you're fooling?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Definite comedy gold. I love when cheaters get banned.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good god, they're even catching the tails of other types of cheats. This is just great. Oh, I need to see one of these babies crying IRL on youtube. :P

Daris on
  • Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Definite comedy gold. I love when cheaters get banned.

HHEM HHEM HHEM

It's like Lindsey Lohan* topless. Only better.

*Mean-Girls Lindsey.

Katsuhiro 1139 on
  • Options
    Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will only miss leading four ultra elites to the AFKer's minimally. Other than that, yay banning/resetting!

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Don't worry, this isn't going to stop people from cheating for cr; they will just be (in their on minds) more creative about it.

I'm sure there'll still be plenty of opportunity to grief them.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    hey zerostar. Sorry about last night. Those last two BTB games were sub-par. Next time we have a full group, btb becomes real entertainment.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Don't worry about it Vis, it was totally worth being online to hear Spider and his incredibly drunk antics.

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, I forgot how much I hate the Xbox live community. I get into an firefight game with two AFK people, I get into two invasion games in a row with spawn camping fucktards.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there a reason matchmaking games don't let people enter a match that's already started? It gets really annoying when people start leaving mid-match.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Turkey wrote: »
    Is there a reason matchmaking games don't let people enter a match that's already started? It gets really annoying when people start leaving mid-match.

I could go on with a whole bunch of reasons why, but it's pretty much "because it's not CoD".

- Bungie.net depends on per-game tracking, so games need to actually have a beginning and end with a consistent amount of players

- It'd suck to get put into a match 3 seconds away from losing that you can't do anything about

- Quitters get banned if they continue their behavior

It meets the CoD paradigm halfway by defaulting to keeping everyone from the game post-match instead of having to 'party up' like in Halo 3, so it doesn't have to recollect an entire game each time one concludes. But mid-match joining? Eh, Halo doesn't really work that way, IMO

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    it would be nice if for some reason you got disconnected, only your gamertag could rejoin that match, but i can see that being difficult to do
    overall quitters suck in halo, but it makes it that much more badass when you win 1 on 4

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Even when you don't win, you can feel badass. I once held an invasion map to 4 seconds left on my own (Spire) after my team dropped vs 6 others. Even though I did end up losing, I felt like Superman.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    it would be nice if for some reason you got disconnected, only your gamertag could rejoin that match, but i can see that being difficult to do
    overall quitters suck in halo, but it makes it that much more badass when you win 1 on 4

Yeah that would be nice, if you were allowed to rejoin the game. But then you'd know people would come up with exploits for that like pulling ahead 10 kills or so, then quitting out so only one is left, then coming back with 30 seconds to go because the other team has to hunt down one guy slowly for kills.

Basically the internet ruins everything

edit: also weird to browse an internet forum and see yourself quoted:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=60631218

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I played with a recruit last night with 80% commendation completion...he was mocked mercilessly...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Anyone up for some ODST?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ODST firefight?

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Campaign or Firefight is fine.

send a text message to "FyreWulff" if anyone wants me to invite them

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    X Equals Loser is getting on for ODST so if you come Tikhon, we only need one more for a full 4-man.

FyreWulff on