As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] you, you tall people. you suck.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jacob do you still feel like broing asses

I've been thinking of getting back into assing bros

Elendil on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Some dudes claiming they'd never serve the Christian God if he existed. Now that's being an internet tough guy!

Yeah see sometimes I wish there was a god.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2011/05/people-still-think-the-onion-is-real-news/#page/1

elendil I don't think I'd ass jacobs bro while he's spewing bloody sputum.

Plus he needs to beat noire so I can whine at him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    While I'm thinking about the 80's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXXZVdUJ98

Cass's theme for the evening.

Galahad on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Woah, wait, you mean forum mods don't get excellent health care packages and comprehensive dental coverage as compensation for all the great work they do?

*quietly withdraws mod application from CT's desk*

emnmnme on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Some dudes claiming they'd never serve the Christian God if he existed. Now that's being an internet tough guy!

I would say that's being perfectly sensible. St. Augustine is the only thinker I know of who even came close to dealing with the fact of how much of an asshole the Christian God is. And his conclusions are unpalettable to say the least.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited May 2011
    dailymail5.jpg

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would do some seriously heinous shit to stay good with the superbeing that created and controls all of existence with absolute beyond-universal authority.

Silas Brown on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2011
    The Frozen Synapse soundtrack is excellent. Sadly it looks like you can't buy it separate from the game - a friend of mine bought the game on Steam which gives you a spare copy to gift to someone (or split the cost of the full pack), but there's no soundtrack included with the spare key.

Listening to stuff straight from the datafiles right now.

Echo on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    elendil: I will ass bros whenever and wherever

preacher: totally beat it today. I think I can guess what some of your issues were but honestly I really liked it.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Woah, wait, you mean forum mods don't get excellent health care packages and comprehensive dental coverage as compensation for all the great work they do?

Nope

Just hookers and blow

HappylilElf on
    edited May 2011
    I would do some seriously heinous shit to stay good with the superbeing that created and controls all of existence with absolute beyond-universal authority.

According to the only source of information about this superbeing in existance he (and the books make clear we are talking very much about a He, not an it or a she) has a terrible track record of actually being able to protect people who suck up to him or smite those who don't.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2011

Nope

Just hookers and blow

And access to the Nude Forumer Picture Archive.

Echo on
    edited May 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

preacher: totally beat it today. I think I can guess what some of your issues were but honestly I really liked it.

Dead to me jacob. Apotheos is my new favorite mod, you're uninvited from new orleans!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I would say that's being perfectly sensible. St. Augustine is the only thinker I know of who even came close to dealing with the fact of how much of an asshole the Christian God is. And his conclusions are unpalettable to say the least.

Yeah the dude's a massive cunt all things considered.

This picture sums it up quite nicely:

killcount.jpg?w=2f2f07d2

Daxon on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Echo wrote: »

Nope

Just hookers and blow

And access to the Nude Forumer Picture Archive.

Yeah but that's a curse

Although given the state of prostitution in the US and the lack of healthcare coverage the hookers and blow probably are too.

HappylilElf on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This loneliness is killing me
    I must confess I still believe

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    dailymail5.jpg

it seems like every real english-speaking city has at least two papers - the respectable paper of record and the reactionary, scurrilous tabloid rag.

does this phenomenon also happen in non-english-speaking cities?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

Yeah the dude's a massive cunt all things considered.

This picture sums it up quite nicely:

killcount.jpg?w=2f2f07d2

i get it

because it doesn't exist

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shogun needs to download faster.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This Twilight Zone seems to be about telekinetic HAM radio operators on motorcycles who may or may not be aliens. Neat!

Almost certainly aliens! Although, I was hoping it would turn out that the bikers were just normal bad guys, and the people of the sleepy town turns out to be the real monsters.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    edited May 2011
    Yes will, it does. It is terrible.

Though nowadays I really trust no newspapers or news sources whatsoever.

Except the BBC, though sometimes I check the Christian Science Monitor against it to make sure it's not being biased.

Daxon on
    edited May 2011
    Will - here in seattle we have the right-wing rag the Seattle Times (it's basicially Fox News the print version) and the respectable tabloid of record The Stranger (and also Seattle Weekly but they got bought out a while back and are now just a tabloid rag).

IE: our supposedly respectable establishment paper has become so bad in its reporting and integrety that the formerly fringe tabloid rag is actually a more reliable news source (with much better reporting).

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Daxon, you're what 21 right? Don't you at least have to be 30 before you can say "nowadays"?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2011
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713043/star-wars-the-old-republic-trooper-progression-video/

Looking pretty nice to an extent.

Also riemann we used to have the left wing paper in the PI but they went out of business.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2011
    Daxon, you're what 21 right? Don't you at least have to be 30 before you can say "nowadays"?

I'll be 21 in August.

When I say nowadays I mean now as opposed to about 4-5 years ago. As in I used to trust newspapers but I've been completely disillusioned by that now what with Rupert Murdoch owning half of the media and the other half being politicised as well.

Daxon on
    edited May 2011
    So I've run into a significant number of libertarians say universal health care is wrong because you can't have a right to someone's services as that's slavery.

I wonder how they feel about the right to an attorney when convicted of a crime.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2011
    So I've run into a significant number of libertarians say universal health care is wrong because you can't have a right to someone's services as that's slavery.

I wonder how they feel about the right to an attorney when convicted of a crime.

Well at that point you're kind of fucked. Now when you're accused or arrested for a crime...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I keep trying to care about TOR, but I just can't bring myself to it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited May 2011
    Will - here in seattle we have the right-wing rag the Seattle Times (it's basicially Fox News the print version) and the respectable tabloid of record The Stranger (and also Seattle Weekly but they got bought out a while back and are now just a tabloid rag).

IE: our supposedly respectable establishment paper has become so bad in its reporting and integrety that the formerly fringe tabloid rag is actually a more reliable news source (with much better reporting).

that is an odd dynamic

like, people argue with some merit that the boston globe and the washington post have slipped in quality

but they're still nowhere near the herald and times, respectively.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2011

Well at that point you're kind of fucked. Now when you're accused or arrested for a crime...

yeah my mistake.

derf.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Well I want to play a fun mmo that has the same kind of money behind it as WoW. I just worry that KOTOR will not be that MMO.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2011

According to the only source of information about this superbeing in existance he (and the books make clear we are talking very much about a He, not an it or a she) has a terrible track record of actually being able to protect people who suck up to him or smite those who don't.

You offer a compelling point. I am no longer as certain as I once was.

Silas Brown on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The free market is the best judge of guilt. If you're a good person, then you'll be able to afford a good attorney.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2011

yeah my mistake.

derf.

Not a mistake you believe that entirely, AND NOW THE INTERNET KNOWS IT!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

hell yeah

I might jump on a little later

Elendil on
    edited May 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Why? You've already established that you don't like MMOs.

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2011
    Going to see the Hangover 2 tonight with the lady.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2011

I anticipate your review.

Silas Brown on
    edited May 2011

I must be the only guy on the planet those movies don't appeal to at all.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.