As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SUUuuuUUPER MEAT BOY!] Level editor beta released on Steam!

12345679»

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good good, I can't get the hospital palette to load for some reason so I guess salt factory it is.

SkutSkut on
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Salt Factory's better anyway.

Josh, thanks for the notes. The train cars started off solid, but something happened when I did the way points. I'll add a visual indicator and look into that wall. I really wish you could do way points on a group of objects. It would make things so much easier.

Edit: Blue Train: RVG is up. Fixes those problems and adds a few touches to the background.

ContentContext on
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    so is everybody playing through World 5 today in commemoration of the coming rapture?

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I haven't played this game in ages, forgot how fun and punishing it is. I added a few people from the thread to my friends list so hopefully I'll have some new times to beat..

I just know I'm going to be sick when I see Josh's times.

I hadn't planned on playing the rapture but that sounds like a fine idea.
    Maybe that's what those nutters were actually talking about, not that end of the world crap :)

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Josh, thanks for the notes. The train cars started off solid, but something happened when I did the way points. I'll add a visual indicator and look into that wall. I really wish you could do way points on a group of objects. It would make things so much easier.

Edit: Blue Train: RVG is up. Fixes those problems and adds a few touches to the background.

The RVG version is better, but I hate that I keep losing when missiles randomly destroy the blocks that I need; it adds a random factor to it that just isn't fun. If I lose, I want it to be because I lost, not because an errant missile destroyed the one block I needed.

Houn on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm rather proud of my time on 7-10.

I've told you guys all along, I just get those homing missiles. They've never really given me problems.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Houn wrote: »

The RVG version is better, but I hate that I keep losing when missiles randomly destroy the blocks that I need; it adds a random factor to it that just isn't fun. If I lose, I want it to be because I lost, not because an errant missile destroyed the one block I needed.

I'll keep that in mind for future levels. For what it's worth, I've only experienced 3 important blocks getting destroyed; The bottom-left, next to bottom-left, and bottom-right of the columns, furthest to the right. The first 2 are still beatable and the last makes the level easier. Still, I understand not liking the random factor. It's why I made the destructible platforms 6 blocks wide.

ContentContext on
    edited May 2011
    I had to check out 7-10 just to see what it was like. Took me a while to figure out how I could even remotely get close to your time of 15.49 but I got it in the end.

This game is more fun with a little friendly competition :)

Oh and I actually don't mind the missiles too much. It's those damn repulsor fields that are the worst..

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    7-2x is my new least favourite level. Holy fuck.

Making that turn is difficult enough - it's difficult enough even getting there - but then having to completely reverse my muscle memory is fucking me over.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited May 2011
    Yessss 7-14x.

I discovered what I assumed was a fast route, but kept failing at it. Just when I was about do it the "right" way and move onto the next level I finally pulled it off. Super proud of that one.

It's weird to finally be getting close to the end. Can't wait to see my overall times compared to you guys.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have to redo the whole thing again so no broken Naija times for me any more :(

SkutSkut on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I'm going through and systematically beating every single one of Shimshai's scores (THAT'S RIGHT), but some of them aren't being updated on the leaderboard. Is this normal? Will it eventually update?

I beat my own score on this stage several times in succession, and it only registered the first one:

meatscore1.jpg
    meatscore2.jpg

Edit: Oh, I just went back and played the stage again, and now it updated. I guess it sends in the high score to the leaderboard each time you play it, even if you don't beat that high score. OK.

mntorankusu on
    edited May 2011
    Those were just my practice times, I put up some real times just now.

Oh and thanks for making me play this game again. :)

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Josh and Shim, what's up with your times on xoxo? You're three seconds faster than me on a level where there seems to be absolutely no way to cut off any significant time.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited May 2011
    Three seconds faster does seem unusual for xoxo. As much as I hate that level, I'll check it out again.

Edit: Just checked it out, after I hit the button at the beginning of the level, it takes about 15.5 seconds for the exit to be open, and at 18 seconds, it's all closed again. My time of 17.68 or thereabouts fits right in there. I assume you're not waiting around for a few seconds at the start of the level so there must be some timing issues at hand here. Are you running the game an older PC maybe?

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I was wondering if it might be a lag issue, but it's never seemed to affect my times in the entire rest of the game so.. I dunno. Weird.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited May 2011
    Aaaan I posted a great time on Brag Rights to finish this shit off.

My overall time is about 450 seconds behind Josh.. I know I still have a bunch of levels from early on I can improve my times on, from when I had the bug that made me unable to choose Meat Boy. Kind of daunting, kind of exciting!

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited May 2011
    You're 300 seconds ahead of me, and he's a further 450 seconds ahead of you. So that means I'm 12 and half minutes behind his overall score.

I really need to replay most of this again. Most of the later worlds once I got the A+ I never went back to it again.

But still, 12 minutes is crazy!

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, beating me isn't some impossible task. I'm not gonna be a Billy Mitchell and tell you you shouldn't go for it!

But, I will fight to stay on top. :)

joshofalltrades on
    edited May 2011
    I had to look up who Billy Mitchell was, there goes my nerd credibility.

Oh and Josh, do you mind friending me on Steam? It will make it easier for me to beat your times if I can actually see them :lol:

Oh and Facetious, I had been wondering why you used commander Video in so many hospital levels, I guess that bug you were having answers that question. At least you'll have a lot of time to gain in that world. :)

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Damn it Josh, how are you so good at this game? Some of your times I can't even begin to figure out how you got them.

Well at least it gives me a realistic target to shoot for!

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Damn it Josh, how are you so good at this game? Some of your times I can't even begin to figure out how you got them.

Well at least it gives me a realistic target to shoot for!

It's not so much this game in particular. Platformers are just sort of what I gravitate towards. I'm sure there's a genre out there you could kick my ass at without even trying.

But I'm not going to pretend you can't beat me. Beat me!

joshofalltrades on
    edited May 2011
    To be fair, I also just kinda really like Commander Video. I was stuck with him, but I learned to love him.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Soooo.... I upgraded my xbox (yay 250GB) and somehow, my SMB save game did not transfer properly and got deleted. I was at 87% completion! And, "what would be an extra kick in the nuts?", you might ask. Well, since I have to restart the game to get 100% it is also nulling my leaderboard standings :( And I had relatively good standing on the leaderboards, so I also have to re-do that. FML.

never-ending-reign on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Soooo.... I upgraded my xbox (yay 250GB) and somehow, my SMB save game did not transfer properly and got deleted. I was at 87% completion! And, "what would be an extra kick in the nuts?", you might ask. Well, since I have to restart the game to get 100% it is also nulling my leaderboard standings :( And I had relatively good standing on the leaderboards, so I also have to re-do that. FML.

That's par for the course with Meat Boy.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, beating me isn't some impossible task. I'm not gonna be a Billy Mitchell and tell you you shouldn't go for it!

But, I will fight to stay on top. :)

Have you noticed lately that we're literally right next to each other on the global leaderboards?

Adus on
    edited June 2011
    I haven't fired up the game in a long while... that's pretty cool though.

joshofalltrades on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

Anyone have any ideas how to change the keybinds on the mac version of Super Meat Boy? I am looking in the .app package and I can't find buttonmap.cfg.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Wait, there's a Mac version? To Steam!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    For those of you who enjoyed Super Meat Boy years ago, developers recently provided a code for a beta that will re-enable used made level uploading to Super Meat Boy (a feature that was cut down shortly after its release due to hacking six years ago).
    Apparently, the beta also adds an option to switch between the original 2010 PC soundtrack and the more recent 2015 PS4 soundtrack by pressing 1 or 9 on the keyboard.
    The code is smw1234567890 .
    FyPyd58.jpg