As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phallakinetic IV : Pinnacle Wins the Battle! But the war...

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have never played in a phalla before (I was in Munkus' in SE++, but I got in at the end of the game as a sub, so I just kind of flailed around), so how does first night voting go? Like, is there any way to make an informed guess or is it just someone gets lynched and that's too bad?

Langly on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Let me show you

!Langly

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Langly, this is only your 2nd ever phalla? D:

you sure picked a helluva game

HeavyVillain on
    edited May 2011
    balefuego

:'(

Langly on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is also my second Phalla, i figured i should jump in head first.

Melding on
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is my third phalla ever, so I'm only marginally more at home here.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How you vote on day one:

ARRLEBLARGLE

!Wildcat

RAGLEBLAGLE

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited May 2011
    i can at least suggest you make sure to read the last few games

or tldr: the host has a diseased mind

and we are all his VICTIMS

HeavyVillain on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good afternoon thread

They call me Von Bear, and I would like to discuss with you the concept of experimentation. I am a Doctor, a man of both science and curiosity. They call me mad, but I prefer inventive. So, what do I have to discuss with you Arcadia?

As you may or may not be aware, and I believe we should all dwell on this, is Experiments are a powerful neutral faction. Well, when I say faction, I mean a subcatogary of individuals. Monsters, machines and men who have abilities far beyond the norm, and whose services will be key to the victory of any of the masoned factions or village groups. Each one is its own special snowflake, if snowflakes had the ability to maim and murder a small platoon.

So, what brings me here? I am a man of science, and I have had a hand in the creation of the weird and wonderful. For me, the experimentation must continue. Any experiments who come to me will gain the blessing of my art, and see damage bodies repaired and new, exciting toys added. Perhaps a new head, or hands that excrete flaming acid. You experiments are your own special snowflakes, and I want to make you the happiest little scientific abominations around.

Gumpy on
    edited May 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    I have never played in a phalla before (I was in Munkus' in SE++, but I got in at the end of the game as a sub, so I just kind of flailed around), so how does first night voting go? Like, is there any way to make an informed guess or is it just someone gets lynched and that's too bad?

The only technique you need to vote for the first night, and any night thereafter, is your gut. Reason and investigation are useful, but its the gut feeling that drives you onwards that you need.

Gumpy on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i can at least suggest you make sure to read the last few games

or tldr: the host has a diseased mind

and we are all his VICTIMS

I would be more sympathetic except for the whole volunteering part.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Good afternoon thread

They call me Von Bear, and I would like to discuss with you the concept of experimentation. I am a Doctor, a man of both science and curiosity. They call me mad, but I prefer inventive. So, what do I have to discuss with you Arcadia?

As you may or may not be aware, and I believe we should all dwell on this, is Experiments are a powerful neutral faction. Well, when I say faction, I mean a subcatogary of individuals. Monsters, machines and men who have abilities far beyond the norm, and whose services will be key to the victory of any of the masoned factions or village groups. Each one is its own special snowflake, if snowflakes had the ability to maim and murder a small platoon.

So, what brings me here? I am a man of science, and I have had a hand in the creation of the weird and wonderful. For me, the experimentation must continue. Any experiments who come to me will gain the blessing of my art, and see damage bodies repaired and new, exciting toys added. Perhaps a new head, or hands that excrete flaming acid. You experiments are your own special snowflakes, and I want to make you the happiest little scientific abominations around.

*COUGH COUGH*
    Edcrab wrote: »
    There are conversions in this phalla, but they can only be used on members of the Experiment sub-faction. Something to keep in mind.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hopefully someone will keep track of how the grudge lists from the past three games will affect this one.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited May 2011
    the day 1 narration implies the experiments might be neutrals (or worse)

and that even if theyre not they're a liability

HeavyVillain on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is my second Phalla and my first Phalla involved me flailing confusedly around until I was killed

Hopefully this time I will do better

Solar on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gumpy is mad doctor.

But at least he isn't Quicken.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited May 2011
    SLyM wrote: »
    *COUGH COUGH*
    There are conversions in this phalla, but they can only be used on members of the Experiment sub-faction. Something to keep in mind.

The experiments appear to be the main focus of this phalla, and if they are not of main interest to individual players, they are of a main interest to me. I am a doctor, a man of science who cares only for his lost children, and I am making that very clear from the get go so I can attempt to avoid the early crossfires. I dare say that my history from previous Phallakinetics would make me a very likely target of the day 1 crossfire, so I wish to make myself a known quantity from the get go. Feel free to seer me if you will, you will find evidence that I am no part of the Arcadian order, nor am I High Council or Dominion. If the factions do not want to send their experiments to me for upgrades and maintenance, then that is their choice, but I wish to engage in straight up negotiation and try and avoid being stabbed in the back.

Gumpy on
    edited May 2011
    Gumpy is mad doctor.

But at least he isn't Quicken.

but it's so useful!

6a00d834515c6d69e200e55378dcf68834-350wi

Langly on
  • MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Solar is my Day 1 randomness vote.

MaxFrost on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    LOL! Nice sig, Langly. Do that yourself?

Edit - Since we're counting off here, this is my sixth(?) phalla & I'm now a master-(de)bater.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    edited May 2011
    It was done for me in a SE++ doodle thread, thanks!

Langly on
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I get the impression from the line...
    "The experiments can wait. If they turn on us, neutralise them. If they assist... so much the better."

...that the Experiments can go either way. That, plus the updated OP saying they can be converted, makes me think they are akin to a resource, like Items would be. I'd be nervous about them all being worked on by one person.

'Serial Killer with an army of converted thralls' comes to mind.

FecklessRogue on
    edited May 2011
    Well the logic is there

But if I was planning to create an army of murder monsters to butcher everyone I wouldn't put my head out there on day 1

because that is how I lose my head

Gumpy on
    edited May 2011
    what I want to know is if the experiments are like... special strengthand theres lot of them

or like Phallakinetic special strength which means theres all of two but they can blow people up with their eyes

HeavyVillain on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Day 1 place holder vote -
    !LoserForHireX

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    edited May 2011
    I think that we should attempt to identify the experiments quickly. After all if they are a neutral faction it makes sense for us to try and recruit them before the enemy does.

Also allow me to retort, sir!

!MaxFrost

Solar on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There can only be one, !Solar!

Wildcat on
    edited May 2011
    man, first day is just wide spread random voting isn't it? I don't even have someone to pretend to hate!

Melding on
    edited May 2011
    Did you know that pinnacle guild beta team is an anagram of

A Gent, United, Implacable

I rest my case

(i have no case)

HeavyVillain on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If you rearrange the letters in HeavyVillain you get, Yeah, v. Villain.

!HeavyVillain

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    what's the inactivity requirement? Also, order of actions? And while we're at it, vote trickle?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Wildcat wrote: »
    There can only be one, !Solar!

*Sob*

Solar on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    man, first day is just wide spread random voting isn't it? I don't even have someone to pretend to hate!

!Melding :x

Peccavi on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    HeavyVillain just so we don't get massive demonic powers again.

....Even though the last time they happened it was awesome and it won my side the game.

...And I had a tank.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited May 2011
    !Peccavi! It is you who will die!

[tiny] Hooray! a friend![/tiny]

Melding on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    what's the inactivity requirement? Also, order of actions? And while we're at it, vote trickle?

Vote every day or be thrown into space.

Actions are performed instantly with the exception of certain things that specify otherwise (like some healing abilities). So if a guard-equivalent protects a player, that player will be protected for that night even if the guard winds up with a photon bolt through the eye socket- unless otherwise stated. Likewise, attackers who attack a player will still contribute to the total attack power sent towards their person even if they get killed themselves.

The vote is untouchable. It can’t be blocked, redirected, or nullified. If someone is vote-killed, they die.

The vote does not trickle down. If the target of the vote is killed as well as vote-killed, they're just extra dead.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited May 2011
    Melding wrote: »

Why hate? You should have something in your role PM that you can use to negotiate with. Get out there, act flirtatious and make some friends

Gumpy on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A reminder that either I or the Supercomputer account should be made privy to the existence of any Proboards.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm going to vote for that guy.

|
    \/

edit: tomorrow.

Fidoh on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I dare you!