As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Laptop game

th3thirdmanth3thirdman Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Games and Technology
Okay so I have and older laptop. I am looking for a game to play on this laptop. Something multiplayer would be nice. and umm I like rpg,fps, tbs,rts. I like to rest the computer on my chest so controls my be an issue.
thanks for your help,

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq 2510p Notebook PC
BIOS: KBC Version 75.28
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU U7600 @ 1.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2040MB RAM
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

th3thirdman on

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Some older RPGs might just be what you're looking for. Baldur's Gate(s), Icewind Dale(s), Deus Ex 1, System Shock 2, Diablo 1 & 2 and Fallout(s).

RTS-wise: Rise of Nations, Age of Empires/Mythology, Warcraft.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You like strategy and you want a game that runs well on a laptop.

May I direct you to the Frozen Synapse thread?

This is the video that would have sold me on the game if I hadn't already bought it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJrUY27O0Y

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @vegeta_666 all great games I have played them, but thanks.
    Frozen Synapse looks worth ago

th3thirdman on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would browse GoG for a slew of older PC games, followed by Steam for old games and new indie games (Terraria, Frozen Synapse, etc.)

Zenitram on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cave Story
    Desktop Dungeons
    Sperlunky

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    browsing the under $5 and under $10 sections on Steam should yield a bunch of fun stuff.

Minecraft will be a good bit of fun if you haven't played it yet.

the original Starcraft is always good for some fun even if you have played it, same goes for Diablo 1, and 2.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you rest the computer on your chest. Do you mean you lay down and have it on your chest? its incredibly bad for your neck to be craning your head up to look at a laptop thats on your chest. you should stop that.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My go to laptop game is alpha centauri, because with the full install you don't need the disc

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    might want to check out GoG.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's also bad for the laptop to be sat on your body generally too (the vents tend to get covered, which is not a great thing to do for something as old as you're describing).

Your graphics card is pretty hard to recommend for, as it's both old and Intel, never a good combo. You might be able to get Torchlight to run on it as far as modern games go, as that has pretty low requirements, as well as Frozen Synapse.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have a coolwer pad under it that helps with the cool. minecraft lags on this and love the gog idea cave story is cool but the music can't be muted so that bugs me

th3thirdman on