As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NEOTOKYO and other SOURCE MODS

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Comon, dog, I even explained it in my OP. :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you linked the thing last night I was tired and also not thinking clearly shut up

okay fuck this internet

it's going at a meg a minute this is going to take for-fucking-ever

VALVEjunkie on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    do people still play neotokyo? i love that mod

i played it for like three months and got super fucking good at it

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    once I get this downloaded I'll be all over dis

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
    edited May 2011
    god dammit looks like I can't play until tomorrow

I'll spare you the details but my brother is a huuuuuge dick

VALVEjunkie on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    I'd be up for some games if we got folks together.

edit: Oooooh, the Hidden. I had some fun with that game with the vent crew...happy room...

HAPPY ROOM NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alright so Neotokyo sucks, this is a hidden thread now. Dystopia if you really fucking need something to have some bullshit GITS:SAC game or some shit.

Dystopia all the fucking way just for hacking.

P.S: We all gotta get up in Pirates Vikings Knights 2 cause that was fun in a barrel.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Zombie Panic is a good mod.

Or would we rather not talk about that one? It seems to come and go over in G&T.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    edited May 2011
    You are right zoidberg

We need to talk about Zombie master

Did anyone play Eternal Silence? Some kinda space combat and infantry combat thing or something.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    whoa whoa meta slow down

give us a unified list of Shit We Should Play

VALVEjunkie on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I love this game.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's a pity that the Zombie Master guys didn't get the chance to implement all their ideas before they handed the source to the community

Also yeah PVKII was pretty awesome (in between crazy patches that did weird stuff to the balance), haven't played that in forever

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    so yeah what's the server?

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
    edited May 2011
    Lets do this shit mother fuckers:

Dystopia: For being considerably less counter-strike than NEOTOKYO, class based shooter that involves hacking in a tron like zone separate the physical play space. If I remember usually involves attack and defend style maps. Rebels are attacking or whatever, Blue people are defending.

The Hidden: Terrifying team based shooter, with the opposition to said team being a lone 'experient-gone-wrong' invisible mother fucker who just has a knife, that can't be seen, along with his entire body. When the odds are stacked against "The Hidden" he gets pipe bombs that do plenty of damage but aren't good to kill healthy targets.

Pirates, Knights, & Vikings 2: usually TDM style or "Capture and Hold the Chests of Gold" maps, 3 teams of the 3 titles in the faction, kill the ever-loving shit out of each other. Pirates have guns but are skimpy little fucks, Knights are heavily armored shitmongers, and Vikings never gave a fuck in the first place + AXES.

Goldeneye: Source: Maybe not, but shit man FACILITY.

Insurgency: Its like battlefield without the vehicles and a lot more getting shot from ten miles away, kind of deal. Sim-like shooter based in iraq, mariners versus talibirds. I would rather we go for unseen waters in my next pick.

Resistance & Liberation: Extra realism WWII shooter, features no hud, crosshairs, or any bullshit. Fans of red orchestra rejoice.

Iron Grip: The Oppression: Basically the same idea of the steam release of IG:Warlords, but this time a player takes control of the emperor's army to squash freedom fighters that try to hold a city. Freedom fighters play in first person with a team of player's making up their ranks, goal is to kill the enemy officer. The "Rahmos" Officer is the leader kind of dude leading an army to occupy the rebel city, they can't die while taking the city or they lose. Good ole RTS VS FPS.

Zombie Master: Left 4 dead, but extra sketchy with a player acting as what you would now call "The Director", another RTS VS FPS affair.

I've played all of this shit except for RnL, which I really want to try so I threw a link in there. So I'm gonna be sitting on that till we drum up the numbers to play it.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    DARMAK LOOK AT THAT

THAT'S YOUR OP RIGHT THERE GET TO IT SON

VALVEjunkie on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Zombie Panic and Hidden are two things I will endorse.

Goose! on
    edited May 2011
    damn that resistance and liberation thing looks shit hot

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2011
    Don't know why they don't even know the size of their fucking mod but its about 855mb not too bad.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that had me at no hud, etc.

John Zoidberg on
    edited May 2011
    You gotta count your ammo by looking at the clip, and load your magazines by hand.

All heavy rain style where you gotta hold buncha shit and tap buttons to get the bullets pushed into the mag, if the situation is stressful (nearby fire fighting, etc) then shit gets harder with more inputs needed to complete the task. If you start fucking up you get all shakey's pizza on it, start dropping shit on the floor. Also an eating and shitting system, and dying deletes the game from your computer.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Neo Tokyo bad, Zombie Panic good? I don't get it.

Aneurhythmia on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did they add indicators on the hud as to where you're getting shot from yet?

Because not having those in a game where presumably everybody has Ghost in the Shell-esque cyberbodies that can adjust skin sensitivity like a wacom tablet and calculate distances and trajectories thousands of times per second but can't tell that the bullet that hit them in the back came from behind them is kinda stupid and pointlessly frustrating.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Zombie Panic can have moments but it is pretty flawed. That mod should just have objective maps and nothing else because those are the most fun.

Well.. good objective maps. The new tanker sucks.

John Zoidberg on
    edited May 2011
    Zombie panic is about team of humans, one at random becomes "Patient Zero" ultra zombie, kills from PZ get more zombies. If all zombies die humans win and there are some other game modes and shit.

Personally not a huge fan of it, especially because on maps where its just DONT GET FUCKED, you get keyboards and gold clubs, cause the only pistol is where that mother fucker spawns. so 10 people trying to git em with frying pans and shit. Just wasn't a fan but you got bros think its hot.

Neotokyo isn't especially fun because its just counter-strike with an extra layer of cyberpunk on top, you pick a "class" with dictates your size, speed, and ability. Invisible mover, Heavy tanker with some kinda see you vision I don't remember. and Mid class that is there. Weapons unlock based on performance?? and some classes can't carry the good shit. Maybe over-hyped on my end.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    But the objective maps were the dumb ones. Like that ship? The one where the zombies could drop on the lifeboat you had to take to escape any time they felt like it rendering the rest of the shit you did on the map near useless?

That was dumb.

Probad on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    man

goldeneye source

there are some memories

Squall on
    edited May 2011
    I might of forgotten to mention something?

in Resistance and Liberation, I believe it was said that there is voice chat, but it is like you actually talking so its that whole if someone's in range of your voice they hear you. So being sneaky requires you to shush it. Sounds interesting enough cause yelling at people is always fun.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    whoaaaaaa

this is too much stuff I gotta download it all while everybody's asleep otherwise the bandwidth goes to shit

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2011
    just get resistance stop being a fuck valve

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    I get that NT shares a sort of twitch threshold with CS, and that isn't for a lot of people. But Zombie Panic is only incidentally entertaining. The best of its qualities are shared with hundreds of mods. There's nothing uniquely engaging about it.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited May 2011
    just get resistance stop being a fuck valve

fiiiiiiiiiine

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2011
    also what are your thoughts on firearms: source? back when it came out anjin wouldn't shut up about it and I liked what I saw in the two weeks before the servers all died

OOH we absolutely have to play jaykin' bacon: source from the dude that made the merry gear solid games. be warned, it's not actually a source game(jaykin bacon=just kidding) and requires the original half life to be installed!

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2011
    Firearms: Source has a whole lot of potential but I haven't played it since the earliest of releases

They were doing a whole lot of damage tweaks, to the distaste of an asshole minority who found the idea of the devs changing stuff to be audacious and undemocratic

Does anyone remember Science & Industry for Half-Life? Now there's a mod I'd love to see updated

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited May 2011
    I never played it but I've heard nothing but good things about it

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2011
    I remember doing the tutorial for firearms: source but I don't think anything was really happening with it. Never ended up playing it with the people who got me into it so would say its eh.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited May 2011
    S&I was good until people started figuring out how to rush down objectives so fast that maps would end before either team could do anything fun with the tech tree.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited May 2011
    S&I and the (original, and wonderful) FireArms had the problem of a certain group of players being really outspoken about incredibly pointless niggling details that ended up getting the dev's focus instead of the bits that really mattered

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OP edited, Meta's stuff was added.

Also, The Hidden was a lot of fun last time I played it so I think when I get off work tonight I'll grab it. And I think I still have Dystopia installed because that game fucking rules so we can get our game on with that too.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would be SO SO SOOOO up for some Hidden! I used to rock at that game...

Wombat!! on
    edited May 2011
    Wombat we get it you fucking were great at the hidden stop rubbing it in our faces

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm sorry...I didn't mean it like that! It's been so long I'd probably stand on all my pipe bombs, given the chance

Wombat!! on
This discussion has been closed.