As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ipad 2 case and apps.

BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
This week I will be getting a Ipad 2. Since it is a pretty expensive machine, I would like to protect it. I have around 28 dollars in credit for Amazon so if I can get it off there for around that price that would be great. I am also looking for some great apps for it. I am open to any recommendations. Thanks.

Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
BathTubb on

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have a MacAlly bookstand case for my ipad2. It was $30 on amazon. Its been working out pretty well for me.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not a fan of the full-cover, front-and-back cases - they add weight and bulk to a device whose primary selling point is the thin sleekness of its design. I use a SmartCover to protect the front because it's handy as a stand, but I leave the back bare. It's brushed metal, so any light scratches it may pick up won't even be visible anyway, and any scratch deep enough to leave a permanent mark will probably have an interesting story to go with it, like "And this one is from the time a wolf tried to play Angry Birds when I was out camping."

For apps, Dungeon Raid is a pretty fantastic time-eater.

Kate of Lokys on
  • Options
    BloodfartBloodfart Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have a great slim leather case with magnets so it still does the smart on-off crap.

It hardly adds any bulk, makes my pad look like a nice slim notebook (not computer) until i open it.

It's black with white threading holding bits together so it looks nice enough without trying too hard to be stylish or trendy.

Also dirt-ass cheap cause I got it in Beijing.

Probably hand-made by some old lady under bridge.

Bloodfart on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We do have an iPad thread over this away and an iOS games thread right over here which should have good info for your questions.

admanb on