As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Thrones: A Lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

1575859606163»

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pretty sure lots of people know frankenstein isn't the monster but call it that anyways because its easier and no one gives a shit about some doctor

edit: oh wait red dwarf quote, my bad. carry on

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, cool story, Nechariah, I too graduated sophomore year of high school. Congrats, brosef.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nechriah wrote: »
    Kryten wrote:
    Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. It's a common misconception held by all truly stupid people.

Dr Frankenstein gave life to the monster.

This would make him the parent. If not biologically then certainly by a guardian role.

The Monster's full name is Monster M. Frankenstein.

Blake T on
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, cool story, Nechariah, I too graduated sophomore year of high school. Congrats, brosef.

I was just riffing off Pharezon's comment and posting my favourite Red Dwarf quote, but if you want to be a dick about it that's cool too!

Nechriah on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The M stands for Mash.

The song monster mash is actually about banging Monster.

Dude was a huge slut, stuck his rotting dick in anything he could fit it into.

Blake T on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't really see him as a dude who dressed his own kills.
    Uh... symbolism much?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Not everyone knows Red Dwarf. This results in you looking like a jerk.

Edit: Also, I thought Tywin's scene was pretty awesome and appropriate for him. He's a very practical and capable guy. I could see him gutting a few stags if you know what I mean.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited May 2011

I was just riffing off Pharezon's comment and posting my favourite Red Dwarf quote, but if you want to be a dick about it that's cool too!
    Stop making up TV shows to obfuscate your pedantry!

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    let's argue

Captain K on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I too am finally done with the first book... and blazing into the 2nd right away.

Damn, Joffrey is a dick, so is Littlefinger. But really
    Robert Baratheon had zero business being a king, and Eddard was just so damn naive, to the point where i can see where sansa gets her stupidity.

Barcardi on
    edited May 2011
    Captain K wrote: »
    let's argue
    You're getting in the way of me yelling at a nerd. Don't ruin this for me.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my dick

mashed potatoes

Captain K on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tywin Lannister dresses his own fucking kills when he needs to do so. You can bet that stag was being uppity as Hell and needed to get got. Tywin wasn't even hunting that day. The stag just didn't bow its head with reverence for the true lord of the Seven Kingdoms is all.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited May 2011
    my dick

mashed potatoes
    If I knew it was going to be that kind of a party, I would have sticked my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my dick

mashed potatoes

Your dick

bent like a willow

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Callius wrote: »
    Uh... symbolism much?
    the only reason tywin is dressing a stag is because they couldn't find him a direwolf to gut

cabsy on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kryten wrote:
    Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster. It's a common misconception held by all truly stupid people.

Thought this was from farscape at first

but apparently that Crichton has his name spelled like the acclaimed New York Times Bestselling author

Seriously on
    edited May 2011
    It'll be interesting to see how GRRM ties together all the conflicts and story lines he's got going on right now. This story is going in every direction but towards an ending.

Them Others, what the fuck are they about?

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What others, I miss an episode?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how GRRM ties together all the conflicts and story lines he's got going on right now. This story is going in every direction but towards an ending.

It will be revealed that Samwell Tarly is secretly a Targaryen/Others hybrid.

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

It will be revealed that Samwell Tarly is secretly a Targaryen/Others hybrid.

Meanwhile, Arya will turn into a three-headed dragon and Jon Snow will use her to destroy the Seven Kingdoms and melt the polar ice caps

cabsy on
    edited May 2011
    trentsteel wrote: »

They're in the first episode, killing some Night's Watch rangers, raising some corpses.

I think they're called White Walkers most of the time in the show, but I'm mostly talking about the books here. The story sprawls out. A lot.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cabsy wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »
    Uh... symbolism much?
    the only reason tywin is dressing a stag is because they couldn't find him a direwolf to gut

Seems like they're phasing out the whole direwolf bit. Its a shame but I guess there's no good way to depict a wolf the size of a pony ripping a dude apart without a lot of CGI.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So yeah, book 4 spoiler
    I finally got to Arya's final chapter. Ever since I accidently read that spoiler about how she goes blind, I've been wondering how it would happen. I expected...well, I don't know. But I expected a little bit of build-up to it. I didn't really think he'd just be all "Blah blah blah and then she tasted some funny milk and woke up blind."

GRRM's cliffhangers are stupid.

godmode on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    So yeah, book 4 spoiler
    I finally got to Arya's final chapter. Ever since I accidently read that spoiler about how she goes blind, I've been wondering how it would happen. I expected...well, I don't know. But I expected a little bit of build-up to it. I didn't really think he'd just be all "Blah blah blah and then she tasted some funny milk and woke up blind."

It's pretty obviously just a temporary step in her training

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    trentsteel wrote: »

They're in the first episode, killing some Night's Watch rangers, raising some corpses.

I think they're called White Walkers most of the time in the show, but I'm mostly talking about the books here. The story sprawls out. A lot.

Oh, so it's the creepy things from the first episode? I thought maybe there was another faction or something.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

not really. It might seem that way because of all the political intrigue, but really there are three overarching plots:

The wall and the mystery of the others
    The iron throne wars of westeros
    Dany's campaign in the south

As has been insinuated in the books, the others and the wall will eventually be an all encompassing threat, and the bottom two plots will have to resolve themselves to face it. There are threads in those plots, but they aren't crazy or difficult to resolve. The story isn't headed in many directions, it is headed full steam towards horror and ice. (And fire)

Langly on
    edited May 2011
    Langly wrote: »

not really. It might seem that way because of all the political intrigue, but really there are three overarching plots:

As has been insinuated in the books, the others and the wall will eventually be an all encompassing threat, and the bottom two plots will have to resolve themselves to face it. There are threads in those plots, but they aren't crazy or difficult to resolve. The story isn't headed in many directions, it is headed full steam towards horror and ice. (And fire)

and pie!

Hot Pie, the pie that was promised

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    So yeah, book 4 spoiler

It's pretty obviously just a temporary step in her training

Yeah, I kind of figured this based on your previous follow-up comment, but it's still just a dumb way to end her chapter.

godmode on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

and pie!

Hot Pie, the pie that was promised
    When I got to the part in CoK where Lorch storms the fort that Yoren is holding, I lost my shit when the narration goes something like "And Arya was slashing with Needle and screaming WINTERFELL WINTERFELL, and Hot Pie was flaying around screaming HOT PIE!"

I had to put the book down for a minute.

Langly on
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lommy and Hot Pie's Excellent Adventure starring Fred Savage as Lommy "I Yield" Greenhands and Hot Pie as himself.

Galy on
    mustache w/ hat c|:{
    edited May 2011
    Ser, My Lady starring Audrey Hepburn as Brienne of Tarth and Michael Cera as Podrick Payne.

Galy on
    edited May 2011
    Come on, Galy, it's only Tuesday!

godmode on
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I better pace myself. Going to be a long week.

Galy on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I still haven't had a chance to watch episode 7...stupid traveling.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited May 2011
    I'm with you there, Raijin. Gonna watch that tonight.

godmode on
    edited May 2011
    Galy wrote: »
    Ser, My Lady starring Audrey Hepburn as Brienne of Tarth and Michael Cera as Podrick Payne.

oh my god I forgot about the "Ser, My Lady" stuff

I love Pod

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

All book spoilers, with some speculation about the end
    OK, so GRRM has said he was inspired by the War of the Roses--the Yorks vs the Lancasters with the Tudors building power in France before invading--what are the odds it pretty much ends the same way?

streever on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    when i get home this evening it's time for

hey you

time to watch
    game

game of thrones

hey you

time to watch
    game

game of throooooooooones