As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PATV] Spoilers (4th Panel)

• faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    <<<< doesn't want to live in a world where tyrion's boner has to be censored.

faits on
    faits.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    tyrion's boner is my favorite character

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I didn't actually notice how much the sex thing was prevalent until I watched the show

then it's like 'damn I don't remember people having sex this much'

Javen on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2011
    the show is like, "can we put titties in this scene? if so, do so. also throw in a dong every so often, you know, for the ladies"

DJ Eebs on
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i read a bunch of the redwall books and yeah he described the food a lot

but it didn't drip through the fur of all the animals in a sexually charged way

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

It should have

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well That Is What The Internet Is For

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Unless you can read between the lines. "Deeper 'n' Ever Pie" had quite a few tubers crammed between the folds of dough, if you know what I mean.

KalTorak on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the show is like, "can we put titties in this scene? if so, do so. also throw in a dong every so often, you know, for the ladies"

Game of Titties.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • RedjarRedjar Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Post removed by user.

Redjar on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Redjar wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »

Unless you can read between the lines. "Deeper 'n' Ever Pie" had quite a few tubers crammed between the folds of dough, if you know what I mean.

You've just whet several of my appetites.

Several.

I hope you, and more than a few small animals, are willing to deal with the consequences.

Post of the year, right here.

Also, I keep meaning to watch A Game of Thrones but I just never get around to it.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • RedjarRedjar Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Post removed by user.

Redjar on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    now I want to know what the political star wars cartoon was about

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    Stem Cell Research.

JustinSane07 on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I loathe HBO. They keep getting shows I have a mild interest in seeing, but I refuse to pay extra to subscribe to a single channel. Just not for me.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited May 2011
    yeah screw them for having a business model that works

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Seriously. You hate because they provide a quality product you think you would like, but you're not willing to pay for it?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    edited May 2011
    I'm just saying that their business model doesn't work for me, but they keep advertising on other channels. Thus they keep piquing my interest, until I see "on HBO" which then kills it again. So it's irritating.

If their business models works for them, good for them. I just think that they would probably do better if they made something free to lure people in, outside of just commercials. I'm not going to pay extra for a month to see if I like a show they have. If they made show premieres free, then locked the rest away behind subscription, then I could at least know if I would or would not like a show. Instead, if I want to see anything from HBO that I might have an interest in, its either subscribe or pirate it.

Sheesh, perhaps loathe was a bit overstated, but yes, they provide a product I have a mild interest in but I'm not willing to pay for it. Hence the mild interest. If it was a strong interest then perhaps they'd earn another customer, but they aren't willing to bend on their business model to allow that sort of change in interest.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I got 3 months free when I got my HBO subscription entirely to watch Game of Thrones. Maybe just look for one of those types of deals.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    they do free weekends all the time

they did a free weekend for the GoT premiere

they did one for the Boardwalk Empire premiere last fall

Also they put their shows out on DVD, a huge part of thier business model is getting people to watch say season 1 on DVD and then subscribing to watch season 2 as it airs.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Free weekends are a good idea, I usually forget they exist until it's done though. Which is my own fault, should pay more attention for those and DVR what I want to see. Did not know they did one for the GoT premiere, definitely wasn't advertised with the commercials I saw.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I loathe HBO. They keep getting shows I have a mild interest in seeing, but I refuse to pay extra to subscribe to a single channel. Just not for me.

I don't know if the package that my wife and I got was special but we picked up 15 channels with a moderate library of older shows onDemand as well as movies and comedy specials and that Gaga monster ball thing. Sure the 2 spanish channels go unwatched by us but there is a lot of other great content available.

Seg on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The next time PATV records a ping pong match (if its their next match), we could have a celebrity guest star:
    @rkhoo wrote:
    This is ... unexpected. Hidden Path's #1 is freakin Biba Golic for our GIPPL match... my butt already hurts.

Goose! on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    The next time PATV records a ping pong match (if its their next match), we could have a celebrity guest star:
    @rkhoo wrote:
    This is ... unexpected. Hidden Path's #1 is freakin Biba Golic for our GIPPL match... my butt already hurts.

Man I hope this get this on video.

For those who don't know, Biba Golic was the inspiration behind this lady:
    320548418_uKHcd-L-2.jpg

ASimPerson on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Whoa.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Didn't she send PA a signed poster of appreciation after that comic?

KalTorak on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Didn't she send PA a signed poster of appreciation after that comic?
    Yes...and its kind of innuendo-y

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306899454&Signature=hSXtQML2kGKp%2B8%2FWtGs2NA02lbQ%3D

Goose! on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Biba was a great sport about everything. So awesome of her to come along! http://twitpic.com/55ahej

SabreMau on
    edited June 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Biba was a great sport about everything. So awesome of her to come along! http://twitpic.com/55ahej

Also, in reply to me asking if PA won overall, since Robert apparently got spanked
    @egreco wrote:
    @Gooseplusplus yup, 5 to 2

Goose! on
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and no cameras, but they were "trying to get someone there to record Robert vs Biba

Goose! on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2011
    THAT WAS UNPLEASANT.

No but for reals she is incredible.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited June 2011
    Did you guys get someone to record it?

If not I will be very upset. And the next time PAX East rolls around I will give you the stink eye.

Goose! on
    edited June 2011
    THAT WAS UNPLEASANT.

No but for reals she is incredible.

Robert, I feel that I need to apologize for your unfortunate defeat tonight by Biba. I posted that it would be cool to see how well you would do vs a pro, but I didn't know they would read my post and do it!

What were the scores of the games? Was it fun playing someone of that caliber?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2011
    I blame you, ArcSyn.

And yeah, it was a ton of fun. I lost 3-11, 3-11, 3-11, 3-11, but I'd say she was playing at about 70% for most of it.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Robert, you just need to up your game to a psychological level next time.

And by that I mean poison every opponent you have.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pull a Vizzini on 'em.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Robert, you just need to up your game to a psychological level next time.

And by that I mean poison every opponent you have.

They're way ahead of you.

217506392_Zx8oK-L-2.jpg

Speed Racer on
  • SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... how exactly did she end up in a game vs. PA?! Did a rival game publisher hire her as a receptionist for a day just so she could be a ringer for them?

Also:

Your link doesn't work for me, Goose. Looks like it's some kind of Amazon cloud-hosting time-limited request for some reason. Got a regular Twitpic link or anything?

Supraluminal on
    edited June 2011
    So... how exactly did she end up in a game vs. PA?! Did a rival game publisher hire her as a receptionist for a day just so she could be a ringer for them?

Also:

Your link doesn't work for me, Goose. Looks like it's some kind of Amazon cloud-hosting time-limited request for some reason. Got a regular Twitpic link or anything?

I guess they contacted her and asked if she'd play ping pong for them against PA (whom she's at least somewhat familiar with) and she said yes.

Here's the link from RKhoo's twitter feed from before the match: http://twitpic.com/5597yo

311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306959095&Signature=Xqi%2Bp2IJxD9W%2B5Jgt0MalfEuoW0%3D
    To Gabe and Tycho: I'd paint the line on top of a rocket with you anytime!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited June 2011
    Is "paint the line" actually a table tennis term? I assumed it was something Jerry plucked from a seed pod on his mind-tree.

FactorySquirrel on