As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Sooooooo

Who's gonna help me finish the Weekly?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Willeth, what's the deal with your avatar?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/krisandscott/101/

You always got my back, bro.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Sooooooo

Who's gonna help me finish the Weekly?

Whenever you get back from your hillbilly adventures, sure.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Willeth, what's the deal with your avatar?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/krisandscott/101/

You always got my back, bro.

You know it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    http://www.oranjive.com/fireteamzulu/index.php?mode=news&sid=57
    It's Normalcy Week here at FTZ!

And we're anything but normal! Featuring this week is a suite of challenges all on the Normal difficulty... but they're not all quite normal.

First up on the plate is Cornerstone, a Halo: Reach campaign challenge on Tip of the Spear. Test your patience and your ability to aim falcon turrets without a reticule in this challenge.

Coming up tommorow is A Head of the Game, a Halo 3 campaign challenge that requires you to.. well.. just wait and find out!

Wednesday will feature the return of a Halo 1 challenge. Remember that FTZ Halo 1 challenges can be completed on any platform! Stay tuned for details.

Thursday will bring back a game we haven't run a challenge for in a bit, being Halo 3: ODST in it's campaign mode. Get ready to drop!

And finally on Friday we will debut the first Halo 2 challenge for FTZ! Playing this challenge will unlock a new shiny FTZ achievement, and is completable on either Halo 2 Xbox or Halo 2 PC.

The aim is to supply you guys with new daily challenges for the next 3 weeks in a row (at minimum), so be sure to check back all week for the rest of June.
    The Halo 3 challenge will require you to carry the skull from the beginning of the level to the end, and you can only use that skull as your offensive weapon.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So that means...
    it's the second level, right? It's the only one I can think of where you can grab a skull before any fighting starts.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Really high rank (like forerunner) = Total fun-killing dickbags

Had a game of speedpile on hemo where a forerunner, eclipse, mythic and general just killed us over and over again till we got 50 flags, then mocked us in the postgame about funny it was that we were actually trying to play the gametype correctly

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We had that happen again last weekend where we're playing a game, won, and the other team is trying to mock us for actually going for the objective.

Still not as good as the ones in Haloball who were screaming "All they're doing is just scoring points, they're not playing!"

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's not about about "points" or "captures".... It's all about that sweet K/D ratio brah!

Funny... My teams above yours in the results screen... That usually means we win.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Autumn LASO attempt in 10 minutes, and we need a fourth. You must be willing to spend at least up to the next 2 hours playing Halo. Hopefully we can get it done in less than one hour though.

Later this week I'll help with any EuroTBK weekly attempts earlier in the day, since Willeth wants it but now they're all [strike]dead[/strike]sleeping

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well if I end up finishing this bit of work soon I might jump on. Don't rely on that though.

Willeth on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Willeth. Fuck that work. We have covie to fuck.

Edit:FUCK?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Willeth. Fuck that work. We have covie to fuck.

Edit:FUCK?

I would but the deadline's tomorrow morning and I need to be done well beforehand.

Also, ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You have ten minutes.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, I remember when that entire team hid in a nook "off map" in boneyard. They hid the entire time and then laughed at us in the post game.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    sonnva... I would of been your 4th for that run but i had to work. Anyone want to try tommorrow, id love to try and get this weekly done.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    still doing this fucking thing

joshgotro on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did it with two people. Never again.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Done.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    3 hours, 57 minutes.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck I need to play some Haloes. I bought both map packs a while back but I haven't played the game since I bought either.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wait, we beat your time with two people and a 25-minute food break? Daaamn.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I bet if we just ran through the level instead of trying to exploit the entire thing..... if would have taken even longer because we're bad.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Remember that more enemies spawn in 4 player than 2 player.
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I bet if we just ran through the level instead of trying to exploit the entire thing..... if would have taken even longer because we're bad.

We were taking the shortest path. You guys kept trying to force getting past the elites in the second part when all you had to do was wait for me to clear the factory and teleport you forward :P

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Those moments are the best part of LASO.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Remember that more enemies spawn in 4 player than 2 player.

Noooo, I want to be smug about it damnit!
    Completing this in itself is commendable, shit be ludicrous.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know. That mission is insane. Getting rid of the Zealots and Field Marshall at the end almost takes as long as the survival segment right before it.

Felt awesome when we all killed the PL Brute at close range with ARs and such

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So apparently guy I know made this video:
    this
    before I knew him, and if I'd known it would have made meeting him extremely awkward.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So this Pillar of Autumn LASO thing: is there any chance of me completing this solo, or is co-op the mandate for this sort of thing?

I have been trying to amass achievements in old games that I have lying around, but I am frustrated with collecting coffee thermoses in Alan Wake and my dumb gitched save in Oblivion, so I have turned to the Halos.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It is possible in solo, and technically LASOs are easier in single player (especially if you couple it with the Save and Quit exploit - if you Save and Quit right when you die, you keep your last checkpoint) because there's less enemies.

Everyone should read this guide though:

http://halo.bungie.org/gameplay/reach_mythic/poa.html

It'll tell you how to deal with the encounters and shows all the skips that will save a ton of time and ammo.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I drive-by killed a man with a shotgun while riding shotgun on a mongoose, he was charging up a laser at us at the time too. I bet that happens to you guys all the time but I'm feelin' pretty happy with myself about that.

I'd upload a video and everything but I'm not sure how to access my saved stuff online.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know. That mission is insane. Getting rid of the Zealots and Field Marshall at the end almost takes as long as the survival segment right before it.

Felt awesome when we all killed the PL Brute at close range with ARs and such

Assassinating the Field Marshal was even more rewarding.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I drive-by killed a man with a shotgun while riding shotgun on a mongoose, he was charging up a laser at us at the time too. I bet that happens to you guys all the time but I'm feelin' pretty happy with myself about that.

I'd upload a video and everything but I'm not sure how to access my saved stuff online.

Actually, that is the kind of thing I would love to do but have not gotten to. No one I plays with wants to Mongoose. Ever. I envy you this CMoA.

Daris on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sooo I might owe H jay an apology( I might not) for booting him in jest after he ran me over for his 3rd betrayal, the other 2 are legit oops moments..I think...Either that or he is a MASTER at griefing!

The 3rd one is a little suspect, so I leave it up to group consensus.

jay's view.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18274599&player=Angel177

my view

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18274619&player=Angel177

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.png
    2wozplk.png

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm playing for probably an hour atleast. Anyone interested?

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.pngrlztzc.png
    2wozplk.png

HAHAHA that's kinda awesome:lol:

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    well, I'm definitely getting some of my Reach-Launch-Era skills/reflexes back. I'm just glad its not srsbsns for me.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't talk to me about betrayal bootings. I get kicked all the damn time, even after one. Does it matter if it's a accident? No. Does it matter if I'm the top score on my team and the only positive? No. Does it matter I was driving full speed across the map and you sprinted in front of my bumper and there wasn't anything I could do?! No!

I would say I average a kick every seven games. Of those, I would say the clear majority are the other person's fault!

I stick an enemy, team mate runs up to give them a hug. HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?! You sprint up to a guy with a plasma grenade stuck to his nuts and try to give him a reach around! That's not my damned fault!

I honestly do NOT play with a big enough group to fill out a big team, and I never will. For the most part I'm fine dealing with the publics that have to fill out the team, but sometimes they get to me. :D

I did get two hilarious betrayals the other day:

A guy on our team was betraying with his buddy, and the other guy got kicked. This botard however, didn't get booted until his fourth betrayal. Unfortunately for me, he was booted as he ramped the revenent over my armor lock. His dead body falls out of the vehicle, and the vehicle falls to the ground. Onto another member of our team. I got the betrayal and the kick.

Another game, features a member of our team camping with rockets. His signature method of killing? Lobbing a rocket onto another member of his team in the middle of a fight in a closed space. He gets a kill, his team member gets a death, and the enemy team gets the kill rather than a betrayal. I expect his rocket and armor lock, enemy grenade bounces off my armor lock. Enemy grenade almost kills him, his rocket explodes off me and almost kills the enemy. Grenade I dropped at my feet before the lock? Kills them both AND I actually get the credit for the team kill. Booted.

Bungie can take what it considers a betrayal and SHOVE IT!

Daris on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff on