As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A thought...

waynewayne Registered User regular
In the first two pages of G&T I see at least a half dozen "Game On!" threads. Perhpas since all our extra forums like LotR and FFX! are gone, maybe we could put up a forum specifically for "Game on!" threads. I don't know if this is a good or bad idea, but I can't see the harm in giving it a try.

wayne on

• 8.3 Fl Oz8.3 Fl Oz Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Didn't we have one before? And didn't it go down in flames worse than Linksville?
    Maybe you guys in GT need to sticky a couple of those "Game On!" threads or something ...

8.3 Fl Oz on
    Ingredients: CARBONATED WATER, SUCROSE, GLUCOSE, SODIUM CITRATE, TAURINE, GLUCURONOLACTONE, CAFFEINE, INOSITOL, NIACINAMIDE, CALCIUM-PANTOTHENATE, PYRIDOXINE HCL, VITAMIN B12, ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    8.3 Fl Oz wrote:
    Didn't we have one before? And didn't it go down in flames worse than Linksville?
    Maybe you guys in GT need to sticky a couple of those "Game On!" threads or something ...

I think thats what Linksville used to be...

Or one of those forums.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    we did used to have a game on forum, but no one really visited it. The system works fine as is says I

futility on
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    wayne wrote:
    In the first two pages of G&T I see at least a half dozen "Game On!" threads. Perhpas since all our extra forums like LotR and FFX! are gone, maybe we could put up a forum specifically for "Game on!" threads. I don't know if this is a good or bad idea, but I can't see the harm in giving it a try.

If there's any time for whacky moderating, it's now. Now, man, now!

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Wayne, you're ordered to stop thinking, as it is dangerous and seditious.

Shogun on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    How come we change mods so fast?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • IroncladGnomeIroncladGnome Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    i suggested a books, etc thread, and it got turned down. SE is the best place for game on, but a separate forum would be handy.

IroncladGnome on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    How about a moratorium on asking for new forums to be made. Ramius has already been pretty clear on the fact that he won't be making any new forums any time soon.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • waynewayne Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Wayne, you're ordered to stop thinking, as it is dangerous and seditious.

I can't help it...I was bored :(

wayne on
  • 150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    We already tried a "Game On" forum and it stunk up the joint... nobody ever used it. Which is where the "Game On" in the title of SE++ threads comes from.

150cc on
  • Grayman222Grayman222 Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Game on is also directed at your forum friends usually.

People from SE like to play certain games with each other and thats normal. Do you Games and Tech forumers not realise you are a sub community too?

Grayman222 on
    "A TRUE POSTHUNK" -150cc
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Grayman222 wrote:
    Game on is also directed at your forum friends usually.

People from SE like to play certain games with each other and thats normal. Do you Games and Tech forumers not realise you are a sub community too?

I'm a subcomunity

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2004
    Sticky them would be a better idea, since there are no more forums and all.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Too bad there's no way to create a sticky sub-forum inside of G&T and SE++ for Game On topics...

I think that'd do well.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Too bad there's no way to create a sticky sub-forum inside of G&T and SE++ for Game On topics...

I think that'd do well.

I don't know that it would, becuase there are generally a lot of games that I have no desire to play. But I'll join in when someone bumps a Game on that interests me.

I'm not sure what the policy is in G+T, but what works well in SE is to lock new game on's if there is an existing one for the same game that hasn't been pruned. That way you only get bumps instead of a whole pile of new threads.

Orthanc on
    orthanc