As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Project Zomboid

• Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Awesome game. I left the stove on, caught the house on fire, and tried to drag my wife out to safety. Zombies started coming in the (burnt down)kitchen door as we got to the bottom of the staircase, so i made for the other exit. I opened the door and the room literally filled with zombies and we both died instantly.

I did this while 4 people were watching over my shoulder. As one, they all said "You fail as a husband". :(
    <3

Re: That certain encounter early in the game:
    Eventually the guy with the shotgun says "I'm going to shoot your wife in 3 seconds" and starts counting down. Somewhere around 2 he turns and faces her. If you're fast you can equip the hammer and whack him in the back of the head with it.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can I remove barriers? I tried to play this earlier today, but I barricaded the room you start in and couldn't get out.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Use a hammer on them, I think.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    How? I tried to do something like that but couldn't. I think. I tried hitting it with the hammer using ctrl but that didn't do anything.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think you have to equip it by putting it in the large(er) circle in the top left of the screen. Then left click the hammer, then the barricade. It should disappear at that point, but you don't get the planks back. :(

Edit: I'm doing this from memory, I'll load it up in a minute and test it to make sure.
    Edit #2: Test. You dont even have to equip the hammer. Just select the hammer, then select the barricade.....
    Then pull the trigger and kill your hideous freak of a pon.....barricade.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aiserou wrote: »
    I think you have to equip it by putting it in the large(er) circle in the top left of the screen. Then left click the hammer, then the barricade. It should disappear at that point, but you don't get the planks back. :(

Edit: I'm doing this from memory, I'll load it up in a minute and test it to make sure.
    Edit #2: Test. You dont even have to equip the hammer. Just select the hammer, then select the barricade.....
    Then pull the trigger and kill your hideous freak of a pon.....barricade.

Aight, thanks. I'll have to give this another try when I get home.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aiserou wrote: »
    Re: That certain encounter early in the game:
    Eventually the guy with the shotgun says "I'm going to shoot your wife in 3 seconds" and starts counting down. Somewhere around 2 he turns and faces her. If you're fast you can equip the hammer and whack him in the back of the head with it.
    I hid in the bathroom before he broke into the house. He went upstairs and started yelling at the wife, so I rushed him... killed him with 1 hit of my hammer. I got some supplies and stayed in that house for a while, but didn't get any other mission about the wife.

How I died:
    I went through the park at dusk and got hit a few times. I spend the night behind the bar, shotgunning about 50 zombies. By the time I made it home, I was critically injured....I barricaded myself in with my wife and was about to see if I could kill us both when I passed out, died, and got up as a zombie. D:

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Chrono PaladinChrono Paladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So does anybody else have any problem with this game crashing? I haven't been able to play for more than ten minutes before the screen whites out and I'm forced to refresh.

This has happened on both Chrome and IE

Chrono Paladin on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Waiting for my code to play now. Waiting patiently.

::Edit:: Ok I was impatient, emailed them and they replied within about 20 seconds. Good stuff!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Survival impossible? We'll see about that when I create a perfectly Zombie-proof fortress of doom. With ladders.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there a reason to board up the windows of a house? Can they actually enter through those?

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They can see you if you dont block the windows.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy crap this game.

This game. D:

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    atmudpilesatmudpiles Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    Clicking on a bed does not allow me to sleep. Does anyone know how to fix that?

atmudpiles on
  • Options
    SkeezicksSkeezicks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    atmudpiles wrote: »

I just read about that earlier, I think you need to refresh the page.

Edit: I can't find where I read that but I did find out that the tutorial house beds don't work. Maybe that's the problem. I can't confirm any of this however as I don't have access to the game yet.

Skeezicks on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Skeezicks wrote: »

That's ice cold advice

I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but apparently you can't sleep in the beds in the tutorial house at the moment. Also, paintings? Apparently some of them work like beds. Which is nice considering some of these houses mysteriously don't have beds

Chrono Paladin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

That's ice cold advice

I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but apparently you can't sleep in the beds in the tutorial house at the moment. Also, paintings? Apparently some of them work like beds. Which is nice considering some of these houses mysteriously don't have beds

It's actually JRosey's advice in this very thread, page 2. ;-)

Skeezicks on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

That's ice cold advice

Thought you meant it like along the lines of:

nooblet53348: 'hey how do u teamchat?'
    Skeezicks: 'just hit Alt + F4'
    - nooblet53348 has left game -

Saw this happen once, like ten years ago when the internet still had some innocence. I still think upon that moment fondly every so often

Chrono Paladin on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

That's ice cold advice

Saw this happen once, like ten years ago when the internet still had some innocence. I still think upon that moment fondly every so often

I remember Battlefield 2142 had a tooltip-thing which popped up between matches reminding the player that "F10 does not unlock cheats!"

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

That's ice cold advice

Hahaha! No. I didn't mean it that way at all. :lol:

Skeezicks on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I remember the first time my college roomate and I played homeworld: cataclysm online against someone else. We asked them how to set our teams, and they told us you had to hit ctrl +s twice in a row quickly.

ctrl + s x2 is the command and confirmation to scuttle your selected ship. Since it was the beginning of the round, that meant your home ship.

We both did it....

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So are you just supposed to wander around and forget your wife after the dude with the shotgun comes in? I tagged him with the hammer before he got a shot off, and now wifey isn't saying anything.

Verr on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure that is all they have written so far, rather than being by design.

LewieP on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hahaha...so I'm going through the tutorial. I'm heating up some soup...and the house catches on fire. My wife and I burn to death. Ooops. :)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Verr wrote: »
    So are you just supposed to wander around and forget your wife after the dude with the shotgun comes in? I tagged him with the hammer before he got a shot off, and now wifey isn't saying anything.

As far as I can tell.

Remember that this is just a tech demo. They just wanted to show off a little of what they planned to do, and I'm pretty sure the only reason they released what they did was because one of the testers leaked it anyways.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh yeah, I dig. Not complaining, just checking if I missed anything. This will be a fun game when it get's into beta. :P

Verr on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    Hahaha...so I'm going through the tutorial. I'm heating up some soup...and the house catches on fire. My wife and I burn to death. Ooops. :)

My house caught fire, I ran upstairs and picked up the wife. Staggered downstairs just in time to open the front door, letting in a massive horde of moaning zombies. The fire apparently attracted their attention.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, upcoming patch notes (so far):

Build 0.1.4a

1) N, E, S, W / NE, SE, SW, NW directional control toggle
    2) Inventory grows to fill vertical space of sidebar.
    3) Fixed various bed related bugs. Added option to sleep to avoid accidental clicks, or to inform player why they can't.
    4) Fixed pot dupe bug.
    5) Fixed the death sound. WHEN DID THAT START HAPPENING?
    6) Planks of wood will be useable melee weapons
    7) Ripped down barricades turn into wood plank with that much health taken off, so can be reused but with reduced health.
    8) A few stragglers aside, zombies flock together and slowly migrate around the map in one or more groups, meaning the zombie density around the map will differ massively, and this will change over time. This means that your safe-house may be left alone for some time before suddenly being in the centre of a massive shambling swarm.. This may need some balancing in future updates, but should provide more strategy to avoiding the horde. (Also running nonchalantly down an empty street at night then bumping into a ton of zombies is cool)
    9) Scratches have only 25% chance of infection, and you will only find out a day or more later when you get queasy if you were infected. Bites are 100%.

Awesome

Metallikat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That all sounds great! This is shaping up to ba a pretty cool little zombie game, all things considered.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just bought it, having loads of fun. However, the guy with the shotgun keeps killing me, is there anyway I can stop him?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh God, I accidentally used a pillow on my wife.

D:

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Just bought it, having loads of fun. However, the guy with the shotgun keeps killing me, is there anyway I can stop him?
    Supposedly if you are extremely quick about it you can hit him with the hammer while he's talking, however the guaranteed way to do it is to hide in the upstairs bathroom as soon as the radio dialogue starts. When he comes upstairs and starts talking to the wife you can come out and clock him upside the head.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A few more items added to the upcoming patch:

10) Added something little to the tutorial that was missed off due to time.
    11) You survived for...
    12) Bite / scratch / death sounds.
    13) Uhoh! Something that'll catch people out a fair few times before they adjust their plans slightly.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hahaha that video is awesome.

Having not played this game, I have no idea if those voice-overs are actually in there normally or if that was added by the one who made the video. I suspect the latter. :P

Also, holy crap that's a lot of zombies.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played this last night. Survival Crisis Z is the closest we've gotten to what I would call a proper undead survival "sim" to date. If this can keep improving, though, it'll finally dethrone SCZ. I was surprised at how playable it is already.

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hahaha that video is awesome.

Having not played this game, I have no idea if those voice-overs are actually in there normally or if that was added by the one who made the video. I suspect the latter. :P

Also, holy crap that's a lot of zombies.
    In other words, this is gameplay footage of a slightly modded Project Zomboid (http://projectzomboid.com) with Left 4 Dead dialogue poorly dubbed over it.

The characters were modded to reflect the L4D1 characters. Louis is the PC, Zoey is the injured wife, and Francis is the other NPC.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh no. This is bad guys. This is really really bad. If this game ends up with just a tenth of what they are describing my life is over.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StarGuardedStarGuarded Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fun game, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I hope the scripted events become not-scripted in the future. The oven only catches on fire in that specific instance (I left an oven on in the house to the east and nothing happened) and the shotgun guy is scripted etcetc. I know its super early though. I'll be watching the patch notes for sure. This game will be interesting in a few months.

StarGuarded on
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    More from upcoming patch:

14) Can barricade with hammer in your offhand. Forgetting to do this if you have wood selected and try and barricade a door, it will fail but NOT open the door to all the zombies you're trying to protect yourself against.
    15) Context sensitive clicking is disabled when CTRL is held.
    16) Beds can only be used when within 'open container/open door' range.
    17) Skipping tutorial will retain the 'safe zone' until you venture out, to make it a way of skipping the tutorial without punishing the player and thus making it a more attractive option. You evil, evil person. :P
    18) Experimental - Raised day length to 20 minutes from 15 now we have fast forward. Have also doubled speed of fast forward (CPU dependent)
    19) Food / pills can be eaten by putting them on the heart icon, in analog to putting things in inventory.
    20) Couches / sofas can be slept on.
    21) Eating / pill popping no longer clears item from mouse. So eating multiple is just multiple clicks.
    22) Restarting after death. Will skip front end and load the map again immediately. May cause obscure 'second playthrough' bugs from restart we'll have to deal with as they become apparent. May also be pushing it for memory on lower end PCs if the old map hasn't been garbage collected in time.

After a long day of bashing zombies heads in, I can crash on the couch. Changes to eating/pills sounds great too.

Metallikat on