As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LewiePs Mummy painting for Penny Arcade forum. NSF56k

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OH GOD THE ANTICIPATION (for the unfreezing of the list.)! I love the colors on that painting LPM!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Radiation wrote: »
    OH GOD THE ANTICIPATION (for the unfreezing of the list.)!
    I'm literally like this every time I click on this thread, and wait for it to load: :P

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, the time has come.

I'm opening my list again, for anyone who would like me to paint something for them. The list will open on Saturday 18th June at 12:00 noon BST (GMT+1) and remain open until Saturday 25th June at 12:00 noon BST. I will be at Glastonbury Festival then, working for Oxfam, and I won’t have any internet access. When I come home, I’ll then make a selection of paintings I’d like to paint from all the emails I receive between those two dates. Any that don’t make the cut, but I like anyway, will go onto a reserve list in case someone drops out. Don't email me before, I'll ignore it!

It’s going to be a bit different than last time, in that there are only 20 places available on my Oxfam painting list. This is so I don't get inundated with painting requests, and end up with a waiting list that took over 3 years to complete. I'm going to choose the paintings I do based on how much I like them.

So, how do you get on the list?

You email me at canvasandpaints@gmail.com with the following information:

• Label the subject heading “Oxfam painting”
    • Your name and address.
    • How you found out about my paintings.
    • A link to at least one hi-res image of what you want me to paint, and if possible, a you tube link if it’s from a game (the picture to be in line with the "I won't paint anything violent, exploitative or offensive, and I get to decide that, not you." rule. If in doubt, pick another image.)
    • A commitment from you to donate a minimum of £50 to Oxfam. I will send you a link to the Oxfam Virgin Money Giving website once I have decided to paint you a picture. As soon as I tell you I am ready to start your painting, you will donate the money.
    • A commitment to make a payment into my Paypal account for the costs of canvas, postage and packing, before I start the painting for you. You will have a choice of postage costs, which as well as varying dependent on where you live, will depend on which postal service you opt for. We can talk about your options once I’ve chosen your painting.

What you will get from me:

• Once you have a place on the list, I will let you know when to expect your painting.
    • I will paint your picture on either stretched canvas, or canvas board, depending on the size of the image I paint. Most paintings I do are on 40 cm x 50 cm stretched canvas, but that depends on the ratio of height to width of your source image - sometimes I adjust the painting, sometimes I use longer or narrower canvas.
    • If you want a painting larger than 40cm x 50cm, postage and canvas costs will be significantly more, if you want a smaller painting, costs will be less, but I will always let you know costs before I start.
    • I will post regular updates of your painting's progress on canvas and paints, and on Twitter, @lewiepsmummy (of course!) so you can see how it’s getting on.
    • As soon as I have finished your painting, and it has thoroughly dried out, I will post it to you.

Postage costs will vary; I will wrap each canvas in polystyrene, bubble wrap and brown paper.

The reason I’m asking for payment up front is a) I can’t afford to have someone not pay me for the postage costs (thankfully, most people have) and b) I want to be sure people really do donate to Oxfam (thankfully, again, most people have). The reason I’ll be sending you the link to make payments to Oxfam is that they’ve not sent me the link yet, and once I have it, I will be able to see if you’ve made a donation before I start your picture.

Any questions, PM me here.

Another way to obtain a painting from me is through a paid commission - there's a page about that on canvas and paints.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MALKOR

edit: Oh, I should probably read it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Yep, that's why there's a wall of text!

LewieP's Mummy on

edited June 2011
    Cult of Rapture is finished!

I really enjoyed painting this - its blue, what can I say? On its way to vegeta_666, and he's already paid me, thank you!

Grrr, Imageshack is being very slow and refusing to load. I'll keep trying. Not happy with it!

LewieP's Mummy on

edited June 2011
    OK, here's trying another site:

The whole thing:

dGn00l.jpg

The top half:
    Yf0dXl.jpg

The bottom half:

MiGoOl.jpg

OK, I have to tell you all, LewieP has just taught me BBC!!!!!!!!!! I did image 2 with help, image 3 with supervision, and image 1 all by my self!!!!!!!!! OK, I know its not a big deal to most of you, but I'm well chuffed with myself :)

LewieP's Mummy on

edited June 2011
    So, slight derailment of my thread:

You'll know if you read stuff here that LewieP's Daddy has lost his job. We're doing OK financially, but something wonderful happened over the weekend - our best friends were going on an amazing holiday with two other friends, but one of the other couple is ill, and they've had to withdraw from the holiday, and have offered it to us, the only cost being flights. Its a 5* villa in Kancal, Turkey. My mum gave us holiday vouchers at Christmas, we didn't know when we'd be able to use them, as we knew about the job situation then. The vouchers almost cover the flight costs. We couldn't pay for the holiday, so I'm painting this picture as a thank you - our BF's friends are very well off, and any thank you gift we bought them they could buy a dozen, but they've not got one of my paintings. They love the place we're going to, so i've found an image to paint, and I'll be doing that over the next couple of weeks. I'll post it in here, just so you can see what I'm doing.
    Normal service will be resumed after then.

Source image:

jj6Ogl.jpg

Pencil outline:

9dnW0l.jpg

LewieP's Mummy on

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That looks amazing! I'm quite excited to hang it up. :)

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    edited June 2011
    And the painting has arrived! In one piece and looking fantastic. Thank you so much! I'll take a picture once my camera battery isn't dead.

And I'll donate some money to Oxfam and/or Child's Play quite soon. :)

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    edited June 2011
    That's great! I'm so relieved it reached you intact, and that you like it :)

LewieP's Mummy on

edited June 2011
    Here's an update on the FF VII painting I'm doing (Oh, I've just realised I've not posted about it at all)

Here's the source image:

ZZBmf.jpg

Here's the pencil outline:

G1nDpl.jpg

Close-up left:

lrTWol.jpg

I forgot to take a close-up of the right hand side, I'll do that before I start painting it! Dozy me.

LewieP's Mummy on

edited June 2011
    I accidentally posted stuff on my blog, about the list unfreezing - I meant to schedule it for Friday, so I guess its unfrozen now!

LewieP's Mummy on

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm really excited to see how that villa painting turns out, LPM. I don't think we've seen you do anything from life, have we?

Also, major kudos on the interpretation of the Bioshock imagery. In particular I love the face of the Little Sister - it's got a nice embellished feel to it, without being overly cartoony. I don't know if any of that counts as actual art-lingo, but I like what I like.

Major thumbs up on the last few images, of course.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • john-briner-artjohn-briner-art Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really love to see pencil sketches and the output itself, it always making me appreciate more the finished artwork! All the artworks here are superb! I like their colors. very nice colors! Keep them coming!

john-briner-art on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I accidentally posted stuff on my blog, about the list unfreezing - I meant to schedule it for Friday, so I guess its unfrozen now!
    Sent in my application, now crossing all my fingers & toes. :)

Zilla360 on
    edited June 2011
    2IXkkl.jpg

Here it is on my wall!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
  • WibodWibod Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've donated for mosquito nets with oxfam, had to wait for paypal to clear my money transfer so it took a bit, but it's done.

Wibod on
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Wibod! Megaman001, glad you're liking it, and Zilla, got your email :)
    I'm at Glastonbury Festival now, complete with nasty tummy bug :( at least there's only me using the accessible loo! Anyway, tinterwebs are intermittent, just like my tummy, checking emails randomly, I won't be replying to any til 2nd July, when I'm home, so don't worry if you don't hear from me until then.

LewieP's Mummy on

• john-briner-artjohn-briner-art Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nice crap! coz it's cool animated images that most of the kids like to draw it and as you look the crap it all about the fantasy and action.

john-briner-art on
    edited June 2011
    Well, I'm back from Glastonbury Festival, it was amazing! Radiohead were special Guests at The Park on Friday night - ended with Fade Out, made it to the last half of U2's set (much prefer Radiohead), then Coldplay on Saturday, and Beyonce last night! It was brilliant! Coldplay are my favourite band, I managed to get to the front of Pyramid stage to watch them - I had to stand for 8 hours, danced for 1 1/2 hours, and not surprisingly, couldn't walk very well, and took 2 hours to walk back to my tent, instead of the normal 45 minutes. It hurt like mad, but was so worth it.
    Anyway, I'm off to Turkey tomorrow afternoon, I'll be taking a painting with me, and if I can work out my friend's I-pad, I'll post an update.

LewieP's Mummy on

edited July 2011
    So, I'm now back from Kalkan - amazing, beautiful, hot, delicious food, wonderful beaches, challenging hills the town is on - and I did some painting while I was there. I'm about to paint for a couple of hours now, so thought I'd better post what I've done already.
    I've been painting the walls, they're still not white enough, so I'm going to paint them a bit more, then I'll start on the brickwork.

[ULR="http://i.imgur.com/g9wzKl.jpg"]g9wzKl.jpg[/ULR]

LewieP's Mummy on

edited July 2011
    So, I failed miserably to use code, so I'm back to imageshack - grr! cross with myself.

Anyway, I've done some more on the Turkish Doors painting - I really want to get this one finished before i start on the new list.

Here's the wall finished, I think:

[IMG][/img]turkishdoorsbackgroundf.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the background colour of the door and window started:

[IMG][/img]turkishdoorsandwindowst.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm also trying to find an outfit for the Queen's garden party I', going to next Tuesday, and its difficult - sticking within my budget is always a challenge!

Ooo, and exciting news for us, LewieP's Daddy has a temporary job - a Rehousing worker, for 12 weeks!!!

LewieP's Mummy on

I've done a bit more of the Turkish Doors painting - I want to get this finished as soon as I can before i continue with the FF VII painting, which is the first on my new list. I've almost finished it, so I should be starting the FF sky very soon. I'll also post my new painting list soon :)

Bugger, I can't work out how to post a picture, you'll have to look on canvasandpaints.blogspot.com, sorry!

Here you go:

moreturkishdoorsandwind.jpg

moreturkishdoorsandwind.jpg

Zilla, you star, thank you!
    The new pages, vanilla or real, are confusing me, I can't find the edit button, nor the things to click on to insert images, so thank you so much for doing it for me xxx

Here's Turkish Door finished:

[img][/img]turkishdoorsandwindowfi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Close-up of the door:

Close-up of the window:

This means I'll be starting painting the FF pencil outline very soon - I went to Buckingham Palace on Tuesday to have tea with the Queen (yes, really!!!!) and have been busy getting ready for that - hair cut, buying 5 complete outfits, 2 hats, shoes and 7 handbags - well, I don't do formal day wear, and I did want to get it right! I spent yesterday recovering, and then returning all the unworn clothes, shoes, hats ans handbags, good job they were all returnable!

Here's the sky and fields done on FFVII:

[img][/img]skydone001.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]skydone.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]skydone002.jpg

I'll do some more tomorrow, I think.

So, I've also got a commission on the go - I've just started it. Its my first ever painting for money for me, I'm slightly stressed by it, but also looking forward to starting it. I'm doing it concurrently with MegaMan001's. I've also realised that I've not posted the new list - I've had a couple of people drop out, so i still have some spaces left if anyone is interested. If so, email me at canvasandpaints@gmail.com.

Guild ~Wars - source image:

[img][/img]kittenandsnake.png

Pencil outline:

[img][/img]1001484z.jpg

Right close-up:

[img][/img]1001485d.jpg

Left close-up:

[img][/img]1001486ov.th.jpg

Also, I need some suggestions of what else to paint for Child's Play - Willeth has agreed to take a couple of paintings for me, to save on the postage costs, so far, I've done a long painting of the 5 RB icons. Any ideas???

edited July 2011
    So, here's my new list of people I'm doing paintings for:

MegaMan001: FF VII - started.
    Andrew JD: Sonic
    Malkor: Darkwing Duck
    Willeth: Don't know yet
    Jessie B: Guitaroo Man
    PABosher: Don't know yet
    SkidZilla: front cover of "Vice" magazine
    Nova_C: Prince of Persia
    Nathan C: Portal 2/Half Life 2
    Nic R: my choice of 3
    Kyler V: Zelda
    Sirialis Maybe okami or Zelda
    Junpei: Don't know yet
    Radiation: Link or My Little Pony (for his daughter)

As you can tell, I only have 14 on this list, that's fine, cos it will take me 14 months to paint these, but if anyone else would like to get on the list, now's your chance!

LewieP's Mummy on

I've had fun today: met with my social worker to discuss fostering some new children, had a new bed frame delivered, sorted out some new mikes for my PS3 - harmonies on Beatles RB here we come - and I've started the Guild Wars painting. Next I'm going to make a lasagne and cake for dinner.

Here it is:

[img][/img]skydone001.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]skydone002.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]skydone003.jpg

I'm taking LewieP and McMonkey to Indietracks tomorrow, hopefully, I'll paint when I return home :D

I've done a bit more of Guild Wars - started the sand dunes, and fixed the sky:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone001.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone002.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone003.jpg

I think I'll do some more of FF VII tomorrow.

Commissions you say! About damn time, if you ask me. You're going to do great, LPM and make some bank while you are doing such amazing work. Win win, I say.

FF7 is looking absolutely delightful. No worries about spending more time on your commissions over me, I absolutely understand.

Of course, this plays into my nefarious plot as we inch ever closer to my graduation when I will have an income again and will be able to throw money at you for more paintings.

MegaMan001, you are so lovely!

I've done some more on the Guild Wars painting, I forgot to post it here, so here you are:

Sand dunes finished:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone005.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone006.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]sanddunesdone007.jpg

I'm not too happy with the sand dunes in the right mid ground, I may re-do them.

I've been back up to Whitehaven again - my auntie with the brain tumour is hanging on, so i took my mum up to see her again. The nursing home is horrid, I glared lots on the first day, things improved by the second day we were there. Its made me very determined about what will happen when my mum eventually starts to die.

Anyway, I've done some more on the guild Wars painting - I've fixed the sand dunes I wasn't happy with, and have painted the dragon and the bones. Just Kitten and Snake left to paint.

[img][/img]dragonandbonesdone001.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]dragonandbonesdone002.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]dragonandbonesdone003.jpg

I'll probably finish this in the next couple of days.

Quick update of Guild Wars - I'm off work today, and so have been merrily painting, and have finished Kitten:

[img][/img]kittenfinished.jpg

I'm aiming to finish Snake as well, then i can do some more of MegaMan001's painting as well.

I've been off work all week, apart from a couple of meetings, so I've been able to paint lots. I've finished the Guild Wars painting, and its now ready to be sent off to Thayer, once I know where it's going to:

[img][/img]guildwarsfinished002.jpg

Close-up left:

[img][/img]guildwarsfinished003.jpg

Close-up right:

[img][/img]guildwarsfinished004.jpg

Next, I'm going to be flitting between MegaMan001's, my next commission, and maybe Journey for Child's Play.

Oh, and I've 4 bridesmaid dresses to alter for a friend. When I say alter, I really mean completely take apart and resew, as whoever made them made them all too big ...

Whoops, forgot to post this!:

[img][/img]backgroundcomplete.jpg

I painted Aerith's boots in exactly as they appeared on the source image, but they looked dreadful - far too clunky, so I'm going to paint them realistically instead. I'm very tired today, so I'm probably not going to paint today, I'm just going to rest and catch up with CSI instead.

Take your time, LPM. No rush. Don't want you to burn out over the painting. Hope all is well in the family and enjoy your CSI.

• NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    I really like the way that sky looks so far. Looks very realistic!

Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"