As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Auto Mp3 clean up utilities

mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
Anyone use one of these?

Have any suggestions of cleaning up tags?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
mojojoeo on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MusicBrainz Picard is the best.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Musicbrainz or Media Monkey are both pretty solid. I believe Lifehacker had a pretty solid guide for cleaning up your music collection a while back, might try zee googles to track it down.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ty both installing Musicbrainz and giving it a go.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Track down the album art plugin too

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just discovered MusicBrainz Picard thanks to this thread. It allowed to me fix metadata for some of my CDs that Media Monkey couldn't.

Also I would recommend ripping CDs using either the Zune software or DB Power Amp if you're ok with paid software.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mp3Tag is great for tagging many files at once, and the file renaming-tagging tool is very powerful. I have over 22,000 songs in my collection, and I can attest to Mp3Tag's functionality.

Picard is awesome as well, I use both. Picard for getting correct tags and art, and Mp3Tag to keep the whole thing clean.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On your recommendation, I gave Mp3Tag a shot.

I can verify that it is, indeed, all that. And possibly a bag of chips.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MusicBrainz Picard better identified my mp3 albums than MP3Tag did. Both are better than Media Monkey IMO.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    for the rest of your media, check out ember media manager

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MusicBrainz Picard better identified my mp3 albums than MP3Tag did. Both are better than Media Monkey IMO.

I didn't even know Mp3Tag had auto-tag functionality :P I just use both, best of two worlds!

Satsumomo on