As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic IV : Pinnacle Wins the Battle! But the war...

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that there are four members of the High Council out there, so one of you is pretty dumb.

But yes, let's all vote me because somebody just made up something about my (supposed) win condition! I mean, it's not like I just pointed out a group of people who would want to lead you astray or anything. It's not like the Domarians haven't already killed two mafia members for you or anything.

Gosh

!Ringo

Glad you can see logic.

!Peccavi

!Ringo

Sorry buddy, i'd rather kill a rumoured evil robot then kill you tonight. maybe tomorrow!

Melding on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Btw, it's weird how Ringo automatically votes for himself whenever someone else does.

Sticks on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that there are four members of the High Council out there, so one of you is pretty dumb.

But yes, let's all vote me because somebody just made up something about my (supposed) win condition! I mean, it's not like I just pointed out a group of people who would want to lead you astray or anything. It's not like the Domarians haven't already killed two mafia members for you or anything.

Gosh

!Ringo

Glad you can see logic.

!Peccavi

!Ringo

Sorry buddy, i'd rather kill a rumoured evil robot then kill you tonight. maybe tomorrow!

Boy are you going to be surprised

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sticks wrote: »
    Btw, it's weird how Ringo automatically votes for himself whenever someone else does.

Yeah, what's up with this?

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You're either the robot, or the robot is your muscle. either way, kill the brain and the body dies.

Then we will likely be down one Domarian and one High council. giving the village a better fighting chance, no?

Melding on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Ringo

I'm voting from a boat! Free wifi
    Anyways Ringo, I'm neutral considering I can with village and mafia on our mission.
    What I did with infidel was at the request of the village.
    I'll be refraining from interfering much more though. In part because I'm traveling

I will not be able to respond to pms today, maybe tomorrow night when I take this ferry back

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stew_Stick wrote: »
    Sticks wrote: »

Yeah, what's up with this?

It's how I show my contempt for stupid bandwagons.

This isn't the stupidest, because I'm sure some of the people voting for me are High Council and they think they're going to kill a Giant Stompy Robot. Wait, no this is the stupidest because I'm sure some of them are High Council and they just put themselves on the radar of a Giant Stompy Robot.

:lol:

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

Ringo

I'm voting from a boat! Free wifi
    Anyways Ringo, I'm neutral considering I can with village and mafia on our mission.
    What I did with infidel was at the request of the village.
    I'll be refraining from interfering much more though. In part because I'm traveling

I will not be able to respond to pms today, maybe tomorrow night when I take this ferry back

You killed the public seer who gave us a mafia at the request of the village?

Man Alegis, you just like to get thanked no matter what you do, eh? (have fun at the wedding!)

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Man, i wish i was on a boat.

Melding on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ringo

herp derp I haven't even read the last few pages

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    !Wandering Hero - vote to figure out what's going on with my script

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Neli wrote: »
    ringo

You're helping a neutral faction antagonize the village, pretty much

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »

I assume it reads wandeRING herO

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »

I assume it reads wandeRING herO

Yup, the match is not caring about letter ordering and aborting once it finds a shorter name exact match. Should be fixed now, but I can't correct the DB until later tonight

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wandering Hero

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yup, working now

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Voting out Ringo at this point seems very silly to me.

Wandering Hero is the other highest vote-getter?

Darian on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Let's fix the county-box.

Wandering Hero

El Skid on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    voting out the death robot seems silly to you?

I mean, I haven't voted either yet, I just don't know why you think it's silly. If you knew for certain wandering hero was a mafia, then that'd be awesome. Do you?

Langly on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think that the evidence for WH being mafia is kinda flimsy, but on the other hand, I don't think neutral hunting is worth it when there's still probably 3-5 mafia at large

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Neutral hunting is usually a pretty bad thing to do in most cases IMO

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    the evidence is that he is annoying.

That's really not a good case. I'd rater go on someone who might be neutral but i have been fed good leads that he is hunting Alpha.

Several different networks have suggested it. i know they aren't all the same one because i've had to stop them from killing each other.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just keep pushing that boat Melding.

Here, how about we test it - if the High Council is eliminated and the Domarian faction doesn't leave in victory then you vote me to death.

Everybody wins! Well, not you, having outed yourself in the thread and all. But the village certainly does better by actually hunting mafia and keeping the neutrals firing on each other rather than the village.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Neli

posting from a kindle is hard
    Neli wrote: »
    ringo

Fidoh on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ringo seems to be on a team with Infidel, who helped us find and kill an enemy. So yes, I think voting him out seems silly. He is not an Arcadian, he is not an Exigent. He does not need to die for me to be victorious.

fake edit: Stupid server errors. Imagine this was posted at 4:55

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nah, cause i know you don't need high council dead.

I figure you have an alliance with the Arcadian order.

only reason why i can see you going after HC.

Good job trying to pin high council membership on me though. It'd be nice to be a part of something other then loose networks.

Melding on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Good job trying to pin high council membership on me though. It'd be nice to be a part of something other then loose networks.

Loose networks are exactly what phalla is all about

Rend on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Here, how about we test it - if the High Council is eliminated and the Domarian faction doesn't leave in victory then you vote me to death.

Everybody wins! Well, not you, having outed yourself in the thread and all. But the village certainly does better by actually hunting mafia and keeping the neutrals firing on each other rather than the village.

High Council being eliminated would take a couple of days even with your appart super robot powers. What's the point in doing that when there's still Arcadians and possibly EO around? Neutral hunting isn't in the interest of the village, all it does it buy more time for the bad guys and yet you're doing it anyway.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rend wrote: »

Loose networks are exactly what Rend is all about

Fixed that for you! :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rend wrote: »

Loose networks are exactly what phalla is all about

yeah, but to be a team player, isn't that what america is about? That or having sex with at least one B list celebrity.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't have a concrete idea about the neutral factions, but they could also possibly have win conditions that are at odds with the village, like killing either alpha or beta (but not both), as well as another faction.

Right? Which would mean that killing them isn't completely counter productive.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wiet wrote: »

High Council being eliminated would take a couple of days even with your appart super robot powers. What's the point in doing that when there's still Arcadians and possibly EO around? Neutral hunting isn't in the interest of the village, all it does it buy more time for the bad guys and yet you're doing it anyway.

So your suggestion is to vote me out, and that will help you kill mafia... how, exactly?

I don't think you've thought this through. Or know what neutral hunting is?

If I'm a Stompy Robot telling you to lay off Alegis because he is High Council (and he keeps redirecting your kills at villagers) and I'm going to Stomp him... what does voting me out do except waste the vote?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It means you're not on our side, and with the possibility of you having to kill Alpha as a win condition, I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    This is fun, i should play more of these.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    !Ringo, I dislike robits

Langly on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    I don't have a concrete idea about the neutral factions, but they could also possibly have win conditions that are at odds with the village, like killing either alpha or beta (but not both), as well as another faction.

Right? Which would mean that killing them isn't completely counter productive.

There's only one neutral faction in this game that has killed Mafia for the village.

The other neutral faction has repeatedly killed villagers.

If you truly believe Melding's story: "Oh now that you've declared war on the High Council, I'd better tell the village this SUPER SECRET INFORMATION I JUST GOT that says you're out to kill the village!" Then at best he's telling you that I have to kill both the High Council and Alpha Team (notice how convenient it is that it's not Beta Team, what with them already being dead and all). So if that's the truth, what does that mean? It means that after I'm done killing the High Council, then I won't be removed from the game. And you all will know it, and you can then vote me.

What else is likely to happen? "Oh I have all these obvious High Council people in front of me, but I accidentally stepped on villagers again and again. Whoops!"

It's a stupid lie by Melding that doesn't hold up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've know this shit for days. we just didn't have anything to work with or motivation to move.

Do you want more? cause i know you know i know this. information isn't hard to come by here ringo. you're just angry i did this.

It's also funny that you "know" that Alegis is responsible for these deaths. Only the person firing knows that.

I'm dying tonight, i got nothing left to hide. let me get some information up up to give you people something to chew on.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Same way I knew all attacks Day 1 on Marth were redirected to Infidel, buddy.

But hey, if you can get the village to help you with what you think will complete your win condition instead of letting the village hunt mafia for their own win condition, more power to you. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Also, if you wanted to give an outright list of your High Council buddies, that would be swell. Might help tomorrow's survivors not be totally in the dark when trying to find actual mafia.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Infidel's kill order came from my contact in Alpha team. Why would alpha want him dead? he was a seer after all. A seer gunning for them and Exigent Organisation. That is why he gave us gumpy. He needed him dead and what better way then to have him be mobbed.

Likewise High Council was gunning after Beta and Arcadian Order. We've done a really poor job of this i might add. we were gunning for Bale when he died, and we accidentally got 38doe.

Logically, you have an agreement with the Arcadian order. you have no reason to want them dead other then to keep up appearances. That's really the only reason you want high council dead. after days of redirected fire you declare war on the other unsided faction. Also how you knew about Marth.

I want you dead because you're as much a danger to the village as either mafia and the high council. This is why i am going to be dead tonight unless some act of god happens.

If someone has god on speed dial, that would be super.

Clearly this would also imply High Council has been in contact with Exigent Organisation, but our contact died days ago thanks to Infidel, and they have been to scared to reach out again. This is why we had no trouble helping Alpha. If anyone has questions that doesn't finger the rest of the high council members, and alpha team, well dead man walking and talking.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So you posit that I'm working with the Arcadian Order... WHEN I KILLED ONE OF THEM LAST NIGHT?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG